Rumour mill

Devil94

As far as I'm concerned, Hendo burnt his bridges after his shenanigans when he came and played against us for the Clan.

I think it has to be someone familiar with league. We have seen many times of teams bringing in a new big name head coach and they nearly always fail. This league is unique and needs someone that has experience in it to succeed.

Ocko

I liked Hendo, if his coaching style resembled his playing game we would undoubtedly entertain, but I’m also sure we wouldn’t win anything either. The game’s moved on.

That’s not to say he wouldn’t do well, his coaching style might be nothing like we think. But that also proves a point, no one knows what he coaches like so I’m unsure why he would get any recommendation from fans. Coaching kids in hockey skills camps is a world away from a pro team. And coming across as a nice guy in the bar (which is what most seem to base their opinion on) wouldn’t cut the mustard either.

We are one of the biggest and richest clubs in the country now. When the day comes when Lord leaves we will replace him with someone of high calibre and proven. I just can’t see there being any gambles in our current situation, there isn’t a need. We are a club that demand success, and quickly now.

august04

If Lord leaves this off season, it might not be so easy to replace him with a high calibre, proven coach this summer - given the uncertainty surrounding the virus situation in the UK and whether the season will go ahead at all. As has been recognised by Kelman, without bums on seats, we can't sustain a season based on TV/streaming money alone. That's far more likely to be an acceptable solution in richer EU leagues. So a punt on someone like Hendo, who is already in Cardiff, might be considered even with his lack of pro coaching experience. Of course, the same could be said of other UK based coaches too - Dixon being a prime example and I've always liked the way he comes across and the fast, high tempo style that his teams play too.

august04

https://hockey-news.info/ebel-andrew-lord-wird-nicht-neuer-trainer-des-hc-innsbruck/
According to google translator, the headline says Andrew Lord is not going to be their head coach!

Translation for the rest of the article:

“As reported, Don Nachbaur and Andrew Lord were shortlisted for the post of head coach at HC Innsbruck. After the first signed with SC Bern a few days ago, it was logical that Lord should get the post, but that's not the case.

Lord has now canceled the sharks and probably has another offer which he has now accepted. For the sharks, this means that the search for a trainer starts again. Of course you have a few names on the slip of paper, but the candidates you want are no longer available.

Todd Elik, who has been in the race for a long time, is no longer an issue. It is now clear that the coaching question will no longer be decided in the next few days, but will be delayed somewhat“.

I assume he’s decided to stay at the Devils.

kingmo19.1

https://hockey-news.info/ebel-andrew-lord-wird-nicht-neuer-trainer-des-hc-innsbruck/
According to google translator, the headline says Andrew Lord is not going to be their head coach!

Translation for the rest of the article:

“As reported, Don Nachbaur and Andrew Lord were shortlisted for the post of head coach at HC Innsbruck. After the first signed with SC Bern a few days ago, it was logical that Lord should get the post, but that's not the case.

Lord has now canceled the sharks and probably has another offer which he has now accepted. For the sharks, this means that the search for a trainer starts again. Of course you have a few names on the slip of paper, but the candidates you want are no longer available.

Todd Elik, who has been in the race for a long time, is no longer an issue. It is now clear that the coaching question will no longer be decided in the next few days, but will be delayed somewhat“.

I assume he’s decided to stay at the Devils.
See, I told you he wasn’t going - he just popped out to buy milk!

"probably has another offer" would we expect that to be with us or is there a chance that another team has come in for him, maybe one which has more hopes of a higher finish in the EBEL or another high european league

moggy#9

"probably has another offer" would we expect that to be with us or is there a chance that another team has come in for him, maybe one which has more hopes of a higher finish in the EBEL or another high european league
My fear around him going anywhere in the EBEL would be him taking bownsy and some others (like fournier) with him. If we can keep him for at least another year, and by that I mean a season that actually gets played, we can get the succession plan in place.

Devils86

I almost just want it done and over with so we can move on. Would be made up if he stays of course, but this limbo isn’t helpful.

It’s the hope that gets you. So simple. (Or some other appropriate and accurately quoted quote from Bane)

BostonBart22

Thread starter #234
Thats why we have secured , Haddad, Martin, Dixon and Ritchie just in case lordo poached them, Lord may only go for Fournier out of our squad now...

ASHIPP

If Andrew goes it will with blessing and good wishes of our Club and fans. He is ambitious and is destined for bigger opportunities. Same can be said for our players. Nothing stays the same forever and some will always move on for whatever reason. It's part of the evolution of the Club and the development of individual careers.

Wouldn't worry about a succession plan. Todd and the Owners discuss and forward plan these things months and months ahead if not longer. We know from them, for instance, that they track and have been in discussions with some current and former players for years before they arrive at our Club.

Wannabe2

My money is on Lordo staying, Great Owners and employers, Local partner,great city, awesome fans, knows the league inside out. Better the Devil you know, than the Devil you don’t.

zoesdevil

Agree, as Andrew Lord doesn't seem the type to take the ownership for a ride to get a bigger pay rise, he would only look at signing for a bigger team in Europe to further his coaching career, so it wouldn't make sense if it was down to money, as he's not furthering his career by staying, which it looks like he wanted to do originally?! Perhaps I'm way off & hope I am.