Rumour mill

Kevlar68

Riley won't be captain as on the signing of Martin they stated "Captain Joey back for a seventh season" but i do get what your saying. leave Joey Martin concentrate on his game not the team.

If Lord goes (Don't think he will) what about Hendrix as a coach? Knows the club well, knows the players and most of all he knows what us fans expect. Not sure how linked his hockey camps are with the junior devils but it'll be nice to start linking a development pathway of; Junior - Fire - Devils.

Ok he lack EIHl coaching experience but then so did; Lord, Keefe, Neilson & Stewart.

moggy#9

If Lord goes (Don't think he will) what about Hendrix as a coach? Knows the club well, knows the players and most of all he knows what us fans expect. Not sure how linked his hockey camps are with the junior devils but it'll be nice to start linking a development pathway of; Junior - Fire - Devils.

Ok he lack EIHl coaching experience but then so did; Lord, Keefe, Neilson & Stewart.
It's an interesting one. Parallels with the move from lawless to heavey if that one happened?

pjj365

There is one difference between N America and EIHL coaches - NA ones do not recruit in the way ours do

Anyone new to coaching would "learn" this (which includes working within a budget), probably, easier than an existing (junior?) coach. After all Lordo had to develop this skill but what any one new to this has a good mentor in Todd

august04

So there is no official announcement as yet so at the moment Lord is still part of Devil's Org. BUT if he was to go who would we be looking at?

Ex Devil's player?
Another EIHL coach?

Whoever it is think they would have to know how to work within an EIHL teams budget and know the EIHL league.
Chris Culligan might be a decent shout?

moggy#9

The thing I like about langlet is that he would bring a lot of experience at a high level. He's obviously looking to be settled with his family and with retirement close a move to coaching would be an obvious next step. My preference would be for lordo staying for at least another year with langlet as assistant.

zoesdevil

Same account recently tweeted;
Batch to Storm
Linglet to Steelers
Ginn to Us
McLaughlin to Us (or maybe the Steelers) from the Clan
Bowns leaving
Davies signing
Riley to resign

Can't see many of these being true but I do love that someones taking the effort of posting all the EIHL rumours. Helps build excitement in an extended off season.
I think it's great having a page like this, I love what he/she is doing. Its helping the off-season go by a little quicker.

Wannabe2

Good call, never thought of that one, good point.

RedDevil17

I would love this, entertainment levels would be through the roof! That man would walk through walls for his teammates. Big hits, hip checks, fights...what more could you want!

august04

I would love this, entertainment levels would be through the roof! That man would walk through walls for his teammates. Big hits, hip checks, fights...what more could you want!
I hate to burst your bubble but that description could also have applied to Lord in his playing days. It’s the way of the modern game to move away from fights, hits etc., sadly. A good shout though, I’d be happy with Hendo if Lord leaves.

jenks33

Agree pal, I would also like to see Paul Dixon here, done a great job with Guildford the last couple of years.
Agree with you. Can’t see it happening as I think the owners will probably go for a recently retired Canadian when Lord eventually moves on. There’s a lot to like about Dixon though. His teams play entertaining hockey, he seems to recruit very well, knows the league and he comes across great in interviews. I know Guildford’s budget is bigger than people think but he would still have more money to work with at cardiff. He might not be the fashionable choice but I’d be happy to give him a chance when we’re eventually looking for a new coach