Rumour mill

It's clear that our CHL experiences have raised the profile of the team in both good and bad ways, from our perspective. I hope Lordo stats with us, but if he does move on of thank him and wish him well for the future. I'm sure Mr kelman will have a plan, whatever happens.
Here's are some translations of the German ("Austrian") articles in circulation on Lordo!
Hockey-News.info article - it's not google or literally translated, as you lose some meaning and emphasis. They derived this from a rumour article in the "Kronen-Zeitung" which is the biggest Austrian tabloid (slightly better than most of our tabloid publications though).
Another Austrian outlet re-reported this on their website (see second section attached) but clearly noted that Lordo's under contract.

For those keen eyed of you, the Devils team is referred to as 'the Welshmen' in one article!
There's clearly a favoured candidate who is a cult-status ex-player of the Innsbruck team and probably won't cost them so much to acquire. The EBEL isn't nearly as rich as the Swiss NL or DEL so I imagine compensation might be a barrier for a team like Innsbruck.
In saying this, a bigger Austrian club like Graz could easily afford to offer a pay increase for someone like Bowns!

Lordo should be flattered by the interest and we should all be proud of the increased profile of the Devils nevertheless.
Success brings new challenges after all!

Attachments

Slartibartfast

Latest update on the Innsbruck headcoach selection.
"The Innsbruck sharks will soon present their new headcoach for the coming season, confirmed club boss Hanshitz to ring-sports. Meanwhile a candidate has been struck off the list. Todd Elik has been removed as a possible successor to Palin. The ex forward until recently had only an outside chance. Don Nachbauer und Andrew Lord remain. By the way,today the Krone (austrian newspaper) brought a swede and a finn into the game without naming them."
https://www.ring-sports.at/eishockey/ebel/innsbruck-headcoach-kandidaten-kreis-wurde-kleiner/

Latest update on the Innsbruck headcoach selection.
"The Innsbruck sharks will soon present their new headcoach for the coming season, confirmed club boss Hanshitz to ring-sports. Meanwhile a candidate has been struck off the list. Todd Elik has been removed as a possible successor to Palin. The ex forward until recently had only an outside chance. Don Nachbauer und Andrew Lord remain. By the way,today the Krone (austrian newspaper) brought a swede and a finn into the game without naming them."
https://www.ring-sports.at/eishockey/ebel/innsbruck-headcoach-kandidaten-kreis-wurde-kleiner/
If I was Lord that'll be a huge red flag for me. If he has interviewed and has been shortlisted with an another candidate to bring 2 more candidates in at the last minute is a vote of no confidence to start with.

voth26

I would rather the Devils announce he's staying or announce he's leaving, personally I don't think he is as he's been interviewed about the devils chl games against Karlstad, and 4 players have returned which I doubt they would have done knowing Lordo was leaving??

Slartibartfast

Its obvious he is looking for that next career step and why not. He may end up staying because he doesn't get the right opportunity like Bowns did last year.
The comment about Krone saying two more are under consideration is curious. I can't find it anywhere on the Krone website but maybe it was only in the print version or has been taken down as old news.
If he leaves I don't think it will stop players coming back. Cardiff is still a great organisation and a great place to play.
Anyway I will continue to watch for news as its a good opportunity to practice my german.

Devil94

I would rather the Devils announce he's staying or announce he's leaving, personally I don't think he is as he's been interviewed about the devils chl games against Karlstad, and 4 players have returned which I doubt they would have done knowing Lordo was leaving??
Its probably because him staying or leaving will depend if he gets this job or not. Which he doesn't know yet.

Devilsatw

I might have to leave the forum..

Andrew lord has been offered the job but whether he signs for innsbruck I don't know.

Source told me hes having regular contact and a meeting in the next week.

Devilsatw

I've deleted about 9-10 posts, @moggy#9 you were right, they weren't arguments.

If you don't like the posts from @Devilsatw then ignore them, it's really quite simple.

@Devilsatw hopefully you don't feel the need to leave the forum because of 1 or 2 idiots, if you do, well thanks for what you have contributed in the last 18months.
I feel like I am being bullied and might take this further. I'm not the strongest of people as it is.

Everytime I tweet a few people make sly remarks or call me names.

moggy#9

I've deleted about 9-10 posts, @moggy#9 you were right, they weren't arguments.

If you don't like the posts from @Devilsatw then ignore them, it's really quite simple.

@Devilsatw hopefully you don't feel the need to leave the forum because of 1 or 2 idiots, if you do, well thanks for what you have contributed in the last 18months.
Hopefully my python quote highlighted the way things were getting, and we can get back to some debate.

august04

It will be a blow undoubtedly but I hope Lord gets the opportunity to progress his career and he’s more likely to see some action in Austria than here in Wales next season.

moggy#9

It will be a blow undoubtedly but I hope Lord gets the opportunity to progress his career and he’s more likely to see some action in Austria than here in Wales next season.
Whatever happens I know that the strength of this organisation goes beyond just one man. If Lordo goes, I'm sure that the leadership team will find a suitable successor and give him the support necessary to carry on being successful. It would of course be a regret that his final game would have been the unsuccessful challenge cup final, and that we wouldn't be able to say a proper goodbye.