Rumour Ben O’Connor leaving Swedish team

RedDevil17

Announced back to Sheffield!
Not surprised at all. By all means I’d have taken him here but it is what it is. Hopefully we bring in a new D man soon. If you ask me we need a good 2 way D man who is good offensively and is also good in his own zone who can scrap too. Should be a few out there. 6’0 plus

Johnnybravo1927

Not surprised at all. By all means I’d have taken him here but it is what it is. Hopefully we bring in a new D man soon. If you ask me we need a good 2 way D man who is good offensively and is also good in his own zone who can scrap too. Should be a few out there. 6’0 plus
I dont think we need him to be honest, in fact I dont think we need anyone. Easily the best team in the league this season and I am convinced we will win all 3 competitions anyway without signing a new player. We already have Batch, Blood and Louis who will all scrap where required and to a lesser extent Reddick and I think Hedden has dropped them a few times

I dont think we need him to be honest, in fact I dont think we need anyone. Easily the best team in the league this season and I am convinced we will win all 3 competitions anyway without signing a new player. We already have Batch, Blood and Louis who will all scrap where required and to a lesser extent Reddick and I think Hedden has dropped them a few times
And Faryna.

RedDevil17

Hedden isn’t really a scrapper and plus he’s one of our best players. No one will fear Reddick as every fight he’s had he’s got absolutely battered but fair play to him for trying. Batch isn’t a fighter anymore, it’s not in his nature. Blood is also one of our best D men and isn’t much of a scrapper either so apart from Louis and Faryna who else have we got? Think we still need one more tough guy. Why can’t we be like the philly broadstreet bullies where they had loads of toughness and they won everything too? Think we still need that intimidating guy as our D man only someone who will do what Bordy was there to do...fight! Jeff Schultz would fit in perfectly. 6’6 ex Washington Capital

august04

The Devils have to be careful here. There will come a point when they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and we may have reached that point already. Watching easy 7-1 wins in library like atmospheres every week against the teams from top and bottom of the table, will soon become boring. I want the Devils to win everything but I also want to see close, hard fought, exciting and competitive games played in great atmospheres. At the moment, we are playing the best hockey I’ve ever seen in Cardiff but that’s no good if the rest of the league are miles behind. There’s an argument that if we can do it in a small arena, why can’t they? It’s obviously not that easy though, as Belfast, Nottingham, Sheffield etc are just not at the same level, and Lord and the players are rightly getting the plaudits for what they’re doing at the moment. Some of the hockey we’re playing is sublime. It seems too easy already and if we strengthen again with another top signing, that gap is going to widen. The CHL games were fantastic and so exciting to watch. We competed well and came very close to getting wins in that great competition but we’re just too good for other UK teams at the moment. Having seen Nottingham early doors, I thought they’d be up there with us but that doesn’t look like it will be the case with their indiscipline. The league could be as good as over by Christmas, and while great for us, that’s not a good thing for the league. I’m thinking more and more that we should keep the roster as it is (maybe add a tough guy) and not add another top player, unless injuries start to mount up.

Kevin roog

And let’s be honest about signing tough guy fighters. How many fights do we actually see. Be lucky to see another one before Xmas . It would be fighting for fightings sake

Earnie

The Devils have to be careful here. There will come a point when they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and we may have reached that point already. Watching easy 7-1 wins in library like atmospheres every week against the teams from top and bottom of the table, will soon become boring. I want the Devils to win everything but I also want to see close, hard fought, exciting and competitive games played in great atmospheres. At the moment, we are playing the best hockey I’ve ever seen in Cardiff but that’s no good if the rest of the league are miles behind. There’s an argument that if we can do it in a small arena, why can’t they? It’s obviously not that easy though, as Belfast, Nottingham, Sheffield etc are just not at the same level, and Lord and the players are rightly getting the plaudits for what they’re doing at the moment. Some of the hockey we’re playing is sublime. It seems too easy already and if we strengthen again with another top signing, that gap is going to widen. The CHL games were fantastic and so exciting to watch. We competed well and came very close to getting wins in that great competition but we’re just too good for other UK teams at the moment. Having seen Nottingham early doors, I thought they’d be up there with us but that doesn’t look like it will be the case with their indiscipline. The league could be as good as over by Christmas, and while great for us, that’s not a good thing for the league. I’m thinking more and more that we should keep the roster as it is (maybe add a tough guy) and not add another top player, unless injuries start to mount up.

Some of the other teams might be a bit miffed about some of this content - such as Fife, Belfast, Nottingham. Sheffield are having a downer this season but they will come back and be competitive. As you say CHL was fantastic. Keep it going I say.