rumour at the rink on sunday!!

Finny

Neil Francis said on DevilsTV that this was just a rumour and none of the players have been given 2 weeks notice.

Franny said that there were no players on notice "at the moment".

I guess that means they haven't ruled out giving a player(s) notice completely.

As much as i believe this is only a rumour. Of course Franny would say that its only a rumour, the guy is hardly going to come out infront of everyone at the rink and confirm something as big as that. It is one of those rumours we just have to wait and see on the outcome. I cant believe for one minute its true. What is the point in decimating your team half way through the season. I dont think/ i hope its not true.
CJ

I thought it was very unprofessional to bring it up with Franny in the first place, irrespective of what rumours are going around and indeed has only added increased speculation.

So it seems that somebody started a rumour; somebody high up in the organisation clearly states that it is not true, and some of you now take this as proof that it is true?

You guys are unbelievable.

I really do despair sometimes.

D.A.

Chris

Administrator
No one actually said they thought it was true though?

There's only 4 replies actually related to it, ignoring your post, and I can't see where anyone said they thought Franny was talking rubbish?

Chris.

Devils advocate said:
So it seems that somebody started a rumour; somebody high up in the organisation clearly states that it is not true, and some of you now take this as proof that it is true?

D.A.
dito that

drainage

personally i think this is between club and player if there are any performance issues to be addressed with anyone at any time.

Would I like all my colleagues plus a couple of thousand people I dont know being told I was "on a warning" for my performance - NOPE !!

This is a job like any other job and I would expect people feelings etc are taken into account.

If there is anything the club want us to know I expect they will mention it !!

Wannabe2

drainage said:
personally i think this is between club and player if there are any performance issues to be addressed with anyone at any time.

Would I like all my colleagues plus a couple of thousand people I dont know being told I was "on a warning" for my performance - NOPE !!

This is a job like any other job and I would expect people feelings etc are taken into account.

If there is anything the club want us to know I expect they will mention it !!
Absolutely spot on.

Devils advocate said:

D.A.
I think you need to read the posts again, just who has taken this as proof of it being true :roll:
No wonder you despair sometimes :lol:

whether it be rumour or not something needs to be done as we cannot perform away(at present)
i thought the romfo situation would have shook a few up but apparently not so. we have not got a defence at present which for me is a coaching issue. Hartwick is hot and cold, jarvis is still protecting his shoulder and G is not the man to fill the gap.

jimmy snels

as i stated on the steelers thread i also heard this 'rumour' and to be honest lets not bury our heads in the sands and pretend everything is hunky dorry. there is something going wrong and as these guys (other than vother) are our top earners it would make sence if the team is playing badly their names would be mentioned. vother has also had his fair share of critisism for not playing physical enough , he stepped up a notch and nothing mentioned since! if romfo going and finnerty coming in aint guna shake things up however i think its either a coaching issue or a player commitment one! smith was much improved on sunday so he is obviously looking to step up a gear or 2, i wonder if we might see this from the other three now fans are getting anxious and want to see them behave like the 'stars' we thought we were getting! notice tylor hasnt even been mentioned in a negative way on a single thread, devils teams should be built on commitment and drive, wonder if he can pass some out! :lol:

also to be fair if i was franny i dont think id say if people were on 2wks notice either, a bit of a ****** question to be honest!