Rudis Pizza Survey

Would you be prepared to pay £2 more for your pizza if it meant you could take it into the rink.

• Yes. I would pay £2 more to eat my pizza inside

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • No. I would not pay £2 more even if this means I have to eat my pizza outside.

Votes: 26 66.7%

• Total voters

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #1
I know it is not strictly hockey but pizzas are an important part of the match night experience for some of us.
Rudi (who runs the pizza van outside the rink) has asked me to get some feedback from you on the following subject.
Many people want to take their pizza into the rink but currently Planet Ice do not allow it. This is not unusual for such venues because allowing food to be brought in from outside means less sales of their own food.
So Rudi is discussing a compromise with Planet Ice where Planet Ice get a percentage of his sales if they allow people to take pizzas into the rink. However to make it still viable Rudi would have to put his price up. No decision has been made yet and Rudi would be grateful if you would answer the survey above. Feel free to add comments/feedback.

davew

PI should not make anything from his pizza.

They should have thought about offering decent food years ago, not trying to make every penny they can in their last year!

Couldn't we all co-ordinate a mass charge at the door with our pizzas? They can't catch us all!

On a serious note tho, PI shouldn't be allowed to take a cut of any money. He's not using heir electric or anything, that's a bit poo of them imo

mazza03

Why should PI have something for nothing? Their food is the pits, if I wanted food I would take my own or buy pizza and eat it outside.

Earnie

Not everyone would like to see the person next to them wading through a Pizza.(might be a little better if they were offered a slice)
And how many would dump their boxes on the floor for someone else to clean up?

I hope people tidy up their habits when we move to the new rink.

Wannabe2

It's bad enough with people returning to there seats late from the bar, god help us if there armed with pizzas as well, maybe we should have a picnic area with a live feed to it. Maybe the next chant could be Andrew Lords Pizza Army.

DevilDom

How much are the pizzas? I haven't bought one yet but thought about it a couple of times and then not done so because you can't take them in.

Sheincar

Earnie said:
Not everyone would like to see the person next to them wading through a Pizza.(might be a little better if they were offered a slice)
And how many would dump their boxes on the floor for someone else to clean up?

I hope people tidy up their habits when we move to the new rink.
I hope that there are plenty of bins provided in the new rink because there's hardly any in the tent. That's partly why there's so much rubbish on the floor.

When we are on the subject of Pizza at the rink, if 'give aways'
are to be made I wish we could go back to randomly choosing a seat. It makes me feel uncomfortable watching people scrambling to get the pizza. Personally, I wouldn't allow my two grandchildren to jump up and down, with arms outstretched, pleading for pizza!!!
All the other innovations - brilliant.

Ocko

DevilDom said:
How much are the pizzas? I haven't bought one yet but thought about it a couple of times and then not done so because you can't take them in.
Whole pizzas are £8 and a slice is £2. They are delicious though and worth every penny. The also cook very quickly so don't worry about the time it takes.

FWIW to me there isn't a great issue with the £2 difference, if your willing to pay £8 an extra £2 won't make a massive diffrence. I'd certainly like the chance to eat it at my seat rather than having to scoff it red hot outside. Especially as the weather gets worse.

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #13
The Nos' are winning at the moment but that could change. Maybe we need an inferno TV debate with a representative of the No campaign and the Yes campaign.

:D

youngbob

Pretty standard policy at places which sell food that you only consume what's bought on the premises. Ever tried eating your sandwiches in McDonalds?