Romfo Released!

I can't believe that’s happened now, I thought he might have got axed during the start of the season but after the performances he has put in the last few weeks I thought he had secured his place in the team. With the arrival of Finnerty I thought Adams would step back onto the bench and would then replace any injured players when necessary. This would have given a huge boost to the depth of the squad as Adams can play Offence and Defence and as I understand with the new rules he could stay registered and not play if we had a full squad but play if there was an injury with no need to deregister players.

But I guess if you can't afford it somone has to go.

Koop11

Thread starter #5
It’s a tough decision to have made and I wouldn’t have wanted to be the person to make it. However, this is a professional sport and unfortunately these things happen. With Jarvis coming back someone was always going to be dropped and the only other alternative was Gerad to return to the bench. Gerad has played very well though this year so I was half expecting someone else to be cut. It’s a shame but the club’s best interests are at heart and I have every faith in Gerad.

Romfo was a slow starter this year but his form in recent weeks has been brilliant and if last night was his last game for the Devils then what a performance to go out on. The Man of the Match that never was. Perhaps that’s why he didn’t get it? Doesn’t matter now. All the best to Romfo for the future and thank you for giving your all.

davew

Really sad that we have not been allowed to give him a send off, and more importantly that he did not get the recognition he deserved in last night's game by awarding him his well earned and very deserved MOM.

I would not be surprised if he heads to another EIHL club...

James

Administrator
If he intends to finish his uni course he might well hang around. Pity to see him go, especially as he is showing his class now.

Looks like you were right Skip, about him being on the cover of the programme, with an interview inside, a couple of weeks ago. Death knell.

Finny

Quite shocked at this. I was looking forward to seeing us be able to rest players when needed - but if the finances aren't there then the finances aren't there.

It's a shame that he has to leave now when he has started to really perform, but a decision has to be made and I don't think anyone can argue that over the whole season he has been the lesser of the import defencemen.

Good luck in the future Romfo, such a shame you had to leave now as you starting to show us your real quality.

How ironic, with his improvement of recent.

As posted previously it's G's choice and he has to make these calls.

Good luck Scotty, you'll be able to walk into any of the elite rosters.

Really, really shocked at this. Not to disrespect Adams, but I think Romfo's contributed far more on the ice over the past few months or so than G has. As stated before, I would have expected this a few weeks into the season but recently Scott has really found his form and was in strong contention for the Devils lead defenceman spot. I can understand with Finnerty now on the team as well they need to free up an import slot to bring Jarvis back on but I certainly wasn't expecting this now. I guess it's just a case of last on, first off.

Farewell Scott, best of luck and thanks for a great few months. :)

Gaz G

Feel genuinely sorry for the bloke to be honest. He's worked his butt off over the last few weeks and changed almost everyone on here's view of him.

Unlucky Scott and great effort proving your worth as a true professional would.

If Scott has gone now so, who’s is doing the signing with Stevie tomorrow then? :/
Well gutted Scott has gone, he’s played amazing through the season, its our loss now if he goes to a really good team :(

Gaz G said:
Feel genuinely sorry for the bloke to be honest. He's worked his butt off over the last few weeks and changed almost everyone on here's view of him.
I feel the same.....was bringing in Finnerty the beginning of the end for Romfo ?

If it was i hope G was upfront and honset with Scott.
Watch him join another team and bite us in the bum :(

Gutted, gutted, gutted. After the highs of beating Belfast last night i now feel totally deflated by this news, Romfo has been our best 'D' man over the last couple of weeks, starting to show the form which obviously attracted us too him in the first place. As it reads on Wales Online, why do the Devils need a Player Coach??? I'm sure G can still do his job from the bench, and if the finances are tight should we really have brought Finnerty in?? (Who by the way i thought was brilliant last night). At the end of the day we brought Finnerty in too make us a better team, however i'm afraid that todays announcement makes us a weaker team. I really dont know what to think anymore.

august04

The kind of decision you'd expect from the Steelers, very surprised at the current Devils set up doing this to a player who has played out of his skin in recent weeks. Was Romfo doing an MBA as part of his deal? If so, I hope they haven't given his place to Finnerty's wife as part of his deal!! Let's hope Jarvis' injury doesn't flare up again or we're really in the mire defensively.

Some of you need to read the walesonline article.

We did not have the finances to drop G back to the bench, therefore someone had to go. So the only other alternative would have been to sack G as player-coach and promote another current player.

Yes Romfo has been playing better over the past few weeks, no one is disputing that. So the question is, with our current team, who would you rather have as our main attacking defenseman? Jarvis? or Romfo?

I don't think you can compare us to the Steelers over this situation. The article says we are doing everything we can to help Scott to find a way of continuing with his degree. Who knows, maybe G is helping Scott find another UK team?