Rob Davison - Talking about playing in the Eliteleague

is it me or is the way he says some of the things disrespectful (perhaps the wrong word). Like he laughs when he is asked about the level of hockey, but then says its between AHL and ECHL??? :?

And what is this A and B league? i was a season ticket holder that year too and I dont remember? Unless he means crossover?

yeah we definately did play a couple of cross over games, if i remember correctly they didnt go very well because we just hammered them. It wass an interesting interview, slightly seems like they are mocking our league but then again to them it is low quality.

samidevils said:
is it me or is the way he says some of the things disrespectful (perhaps the wrong word). Like he laughs when he is asked about the level of hockey, but then says its between AHL and ECHL??? :?

And what is this A and B league? i was a season ticket holder that year too and I dont remember? Unless he means crossover?
In my mind, very roughly, the hockey leagues would be a bit like this if compared to football:

NHL = Premiership
AHL = Championship
ECHL = League One

Therefore, even if the EIHL is between the AHL and ECHL it is still low qaulity for them e.g. it's like asking a Premiership footballer to play in League One.

El Supremo said:
samidevils said:

In my mind, very roughly, the hockey leagues would be a bit like this if compared to football:

NHL = Premiership
AHL = Championship
ECHL = League One

Therefore, even if the EIHL is between the AHL and ECHL it is still low qaulity for them e.g. it's like asking a Premiership footballer to play in League One.

To be honest I think he slightly flattered the standard of hockey in our league...

steve

i think the gaps between leagues are a bit bigger tomorrow. in wendyball you do get upsets where lower leagues win games quite often. i think even an ahl team beating an nhl team would be a very rare event. i would think of the elite as being more like conference football! i would like to see an elite team face up against a chl team though, i dont think there's much difference between those two leagues.

steve said:
i think the gaps between leagues are a bit bigger tomorrow. in wendyball you do get upsets where lower leagues win games quite often. i think even an ahl team beating an nhl team would be a very rare event. i would think of the elite as being more like conference football! i would like to see an elite team face up against a chl team though, i dont think there's much difference between those two leagues.
To be honest, the only difference between the EIHL and the ECHL/CHL/UHL is depth. Davison was right, in terms of player quality we are somewhere around the top of the ECHL. The only thing we lack is depth, with three lines and likely only two of those of imports we'd probably run out of steam if we played one of those leagues' teams.