Rink Corp (Devils and Steeler) Liquidated (Merged!)

Thanks 'The Stub', but right at this point I feel like most probably everyone of us fans that we have been stabbed in the back. I don't think I will be happy until I have that ticket in my sweaty palm and sitting down watching our team play. But what crap that the Devils won't get anything and fans will still have to suffer for some bleeding idiots.... :x

Gazza272

Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

osh said:
wildthing74 said:
Madness if you ask me.Backroom staff of 3 people to run 2 teams.Wouldn't fancy Simon's job thats for sure.

The backroom staff weren't doing a good job prior to PR taking over the Steelers !!
A club source told me today a sponsor was sat down around 3 - 4 weeks ago and told the club had outgrown them! and Mr Ragan was at that meeting!

Im sure we wouldnt mind that sponsor back now!

TheStub

Devildebs said:
Thanks 'The Stub', but right at this point I feel like most probably everyone of us fans that we have been stabbed in the back. I don't think I will be happy until I have that ticket in my sweaty palm and sitting down watching our team play. But what **** that the Devils won't get anything and fans will still have to suffer for some bleeding idiots.... :x
I am actually with you.

What has happened will seriously cripple the club - that is £120k+ that G doesn't have to put on the ice.

TheStub said:
hynod said:
I'd imagine any further payments by DD would be allocated to the new company. If this is the case then the hit won't be that bad. Maybe instead of giving away free season tickets to please a few people we could sell them and recoup some of the cost?
Are you hinting at club officials who get a free season ticket, or those of us who paid up front? :O

:p :p
Oh shit, that come out wrong, not you guys :lol:

There are always plenty of seats spare and a fair few freebies handed out. Maybe they need to work harder on filling those with new fans paying full price for all games.

Finny

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

osh said:
As usuall, a very meaningfull comment from Finny. Why don't you make a comment regarding my question to you a week or so ago when I asked you '' what if the rumours are true'' ( after you posted the comment '' what if the rumours aren't true'') or words to that affect. You replied, we are screwed !! yes we are well and truly screwed, perhaps Ragan should have stuck to single ownership of the Devils eh ?
Perhaps he should have yes. Perhaps he felt that taking on the Steelers would increase his income and cover any shortfalls. I don't know - hopefully we will be getting answers on Monday.

I answered your comment a week or so ago as you said I did. What further comment do you want me to make?
I've been reading this forum for a week now without posting and some of the comments from people have been absolutely vile.

Gazza272 said:
Ok Ragan goes. Who comes in?

let's look at the cold hard facts here. Two millionaires have had to liquadate the Devils, one has gone bankrupt and the other wont (cant?) prop up the losses of the club.

Who in their right mind is going to touch us? honestly just think about it.

At present it's Ragan or nowt imo, unless the truly shiniest of knights comes in.
So basically, we are up the creek without a paddle, as the devils are an unfeasible business? Ragan is never going to make money from the devils, especially not when starting with the deficit he has to start with now and the reputation that has begun. I want to know how BP pulled it off for so many years :?

Kipper

The architects of this shambles ie Ragan and Hodgkinson are apparently to remain if reports are accurate. What's going to change then?

MESSAGE TO PAUL RAGAN AND SIMON HODGKINSON

1.Start showing some humility. The attitude you display towards supporters,players and sponsors is breathtaking. Perhaps this shameful episode has shown you that you do not know everything.You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Try listening to some wise people for a change instead of banging on about how great the Devils brand is and wallowing in a pool of arrogance

2.You need sponsors more than the potential sponsors need you. Simple as that really.Try treating them with a modicum of respect,courtesy and deliver to them what you promise in return for their investment.

3.Concentrate your efforts on your own team(s) instead of trying to teach the Elite League how to run things. You are in no position to lecture anyone.

4.Supporters generally don't give a damn about the "match night experience". They want to see a quality product on the ice and a team that challenges for honours.Anything else is superfluous. All fur coat and no knickers.

5.All your decisions should be based on a simple premise- Will this decision make the team better? If it doesn't then don't do it.

6.Cut the crap and give G and Franny the tools to put together a decent team, with a decent equipment budget,accommodation and travel arrangements. Oh and don't evict players before the end of their contract with the club.

If Ragan and Hodgkinson are determined to stay on then I suggest they take some notice of the above. If not then bugger off and let someone competent have a go.

Kipper said:
The architects of this shambles ie Ragan and Hodgkinson are apparently to remain if reports are accurate. What's going to change then?

1.Start showing some humility. The attitude you display towards supporters,players and sponsors is breathtaking. Perhaps this shameful episode has shown you that you do not know everything.You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Try listening to some wise people for a change instead of banging on about how great the Devils brand is and wallowing in a pool of arrogance

2.You need sponsors more than the potential sponsors need you. Simple as that really.Try treating them with a modicum of respect,courtesy and deliver to them what you promise in return for their investment.

3.Concentrate your efforts on your own team(s) instead of trying to teach the Elite League how to run things. You are in no position to lecture anyone.

4.Supporters generally don't give a damn about the "match night experience". They want to see a quality product on the ice and a team that challenges for honours.Anything else is superfluous. All fur coat and no knickers.

5.All your decisions should be based on a simple premise- Will this decision make the team better? If it doesn't then don't do it.

6.Cut the **** and give G and Franny the tools to put together a decent team, with a decent equipment budget,accommodation and travel arrangements. Oh and don't evict players before the end of their contract with the club.

If Ragan and Hodgkinson are determined to stay on then I suggest they take some notice of the above. If not then bugger off and let someone competent have a go.
Well said Kip that's the most honest summary of events that could be put into words.

nmase20 said:
I want to know how BP pulled it off for so many years :?
Because he ran it with minimal staff coverage, using the godwill of a lot of volunteers. Plus re-mortgaging his marital home on more than one occasion. Something our last 2 owners were not willing to do. For all of Bob's bad points he and his family lived and breathed the Devils but ultimately he ran out of favours, godwill and friends to help him in the end.

wildthing74

Kipper said:

6.Cut the **** and give G and Franny the tools to put together a decent team, with a decent equipment budget,accommodation and travel arrangements. Oh and don't evict players before the end of their contract with the club.

Class post Kip but I think said targets are too busy blowing smoke up their own @rses to pay any attention.

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

TheStub said:
Our best hope is Paul S or others in the office have been laid off, and therefore feel like speaking out.
Imagine that. The back office have been speaking out on this forum for long enough. I wonder if they'll create yet another new account with their real names this time?!

Still, not nice losing your job. Hope they find employment soon.

Maybe this will wipe that smug look and massive ego off hodgekinson his manner alone almost kept me from renewing me season ticket, he makes you feel as if he's doing you a favour and you should be honoured by his prescence. Well Simon your attitude is biting you back as it's obvious you aren't as god like as you think. Welcome back to earth. Now can you and your buddy Paul fix the mess of the team that I love and cherish. Thank you.

wildthing74

Stewart said:
BBW said:
Where is Shannon in all of this?
On Holiday? ;)
He has Ragan over a barrel with the logo rights. He is looking for a deal that pays him a cut or we pay a big chunk to get the rights.The second option aint going to happen when we have no pot to widdlle in so what gives,new name and logo? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kipper said:

+1

august04

And these clowns thought they could run an ice rink? They couldn't run a bath.

I emailed PR shortly after his interview with Simms had hijacked the key Cardiff-Sheffield game last season, when they both waxed lyrical about how great everything was in Sheffield - expressing how disappointed I was with the interview happening at all in Cardiff and that we really couldn't care less about that his reception in Sheffield down here. His reply summed up the arrogance surrounding the club in his tenure for me. He knew best, he didn't care what I had to say, we were lucky he'd saved the club and we'd never had it so good etc etc. He also commented that "the day he listened to a minority of fans, would be the day he dropped the club like a stone". I heard similar comments from other fans that night too so we may not have been in the minority either, for all he knew. One small example I know but maybe he should have listened a bit more to what Cardiff fans had to say and he seems to have rubbed the Sheffield fanbase up the wrong way also. I really hope he can find someone to buy what's left of our ailing club, sling his hook (along with the other Chuckle brother) and not darken our door again. My 25 years of watching the Devils is on hold and I won't attend another game while he still runs the club.

rolf

New name, new logo? May i suggest the nobody sponsored cardiff monkeys.

no need to be so sad here, if steelers have no players, we can still sign colt king..................

schadenfreude. it ain't pretty and it aint clever, but at least i am a few season tickets up on last year. thanks for that simon :lol: