Riley retires!

moggy#9

Next season will be anyone's league. There will be tonnes of different players and managers.
That's true, but I'm confident that the devils will be in a good position. The way that the devils have conducted themselves over covid will be known in the hockey world. Meanwhile or new coach will have many connections, and we have we have a new head scout in the echl.

Mazzoak

Looking at our players ages by next season there could be a couple more retired. Our roster could end up being half of it all new signings.
It’s time to refresh, new coach new ethos. Hopefully that means we stop being the retirement team & recruitment doesn’t come from the little black address book of team mates 15 yrs ago.......

Kevlar68

It’s time to refresh, new coach new ethos. Hopefully that means we stop being the retirement team & recruitment doesn’t come from the little black address book of team mates 15 yrs ago.......
I really don't get your negativity sometimes.
Have we won silverwear?
Has our team ever been truly awful over a season, not just one game?
What has been so bad about the team since we've been in the IAW?

Mazzoak

Announced today Josh Batch has completed part 2 (of 6) in his financial advisor exams. Conceivable that with not playing and more time to devote to exams he could be fully qualified be next August - another retirement?
We could be seeing the preparations of the new coach and player reaction to their future. It’s not inconceivable that players have been made aware who is likely to not be wearing a Devils shirt when the season starts. Also people have to have an income source.
l’ve a reliable source, my employer, we support the hospitality industry, also support the indoor entertainment venues, are preparing alternative income streams and major business restructuring, many fear a return to precovid business models will take many years, some may never return.
If that’s the case, Josh & many others may have got wind of the same whispers & decided their futures, whether that be long or short term, are better placed away from Hockey. Mitchell’s & Butlers today implemented their redundancy procedures across their estates.......

Mazzoak

I really don't get your negativity sometimes.
Have we won silverwear?
Has our team ever been truly awful over a season, not just one game?
What has been so bad about the team since we've been in the IAW?
You don’t have to get it.
Yes.
Thats a matter of opinion.
Not said it has been bad.

If you stay still, you risk being passed, nothing stays the same, etc etc etc etc.......

Kevlar68

I'm not sure what Devils recruitment you've been watching but i'm pretty sure we haven't had the full same roster 2 years in a row.

Mazzoak

I'm not sure what Devils recruitment you've been watching but i'm pretty sure we haven't had the full same roster 2 years in a row.
Im not sure what comments you’ve been reading but I’m pretty sure l haven’t said we’ve had the full same roster 2 years in a row.

Kevlar68

Your comments about "Its time to refresh", "If you stay still, you risk being passed" ,
The team has been refreshed, the team hasn't stayed still, we haven't been passed by.
The only problem may be people didn't like the style of play but that style of play gave us the most successful coach in Devils history and your still negative?
God help Skalde cause he'll need to win every cup in all his seasons to satisfy you eh.

Mazzoak

Your comments about "Its time to refresh", "If you stay still, you risk being passed" ,
The team has been refreshed, the team hasn't stayed still, we haven't been passed by.
The only problem may be people didn't like the style of play but that style of play gave us the most successful coach in Devils history and your still negative?
God help Skalde cause he'll need to win every cup in all his seasons to satisfy you eh.
I Make no apologies for wanting 100% effort and results........

hip check

The key is whether he wants to keep going if a career in finance is more lucrative. We'd be relying on the fact that you're a long time retired and hopefully he could combine both. Fingers crossed.
A career in finance would certainly be more lucrative but you don't get adulation, people wanting their photo taken with you, the love of the crowd, the atmosphere, the fan worship or the sheer adrenalin rush of representing the best team in the UK against one of our main rivals. Would anyone know of Josh if he'd not played hockey? He'd be financially secure but people also like a bit of fame.
He can go on to further his career in his chosen field but also be well loved by us Devils fans..an experience worth achieving.

Rempel16

You don’t have to get it.
Yes.
Thats a matter of opinion.
Not said it has been bad.

If you stay still, you risk being passed, nothing stays the same, etc etc etc etc.......
But the question of whether our team has been awful over the course of a season is not a matter of opinion. It's determined by final league standing, and progress in other competitions.

If we are awful over the course of a season, ''in your opinion'', yet still win the league, then I'd say you need to be questioning whether British ice hockey is the right sport for you, as clearly every other team is worse than awful.