Return of the BOOM

Great news to hear that you have re-signed Max. The new season can't come quick enough now.

One of the better starts to a Monday than there has been for a number of weeks/months/years (delete as applicable)

Koop11

Arguably the most creative player in the league and when confident and injury free, he is brutal against any opposition. I think with a lot of protection from the squad we have this season, we should see Max thrive with his heads up game. Very pleased.

Welcome home Max.

Rempel16

Good news on the return of Max, hopefully he can stay fully fit for the season and get through those inconsistencies.

Is it just me that's concerned regarding that press release? It seems to suggest that the roster is now complete (at least until the season starts)... So no 11th import???

mazza03

Rempel16 said:
Good news on the return of Max, hopefully he can stay fully fit for the season and get through those inconsistencies.

Is it just me that's concerned regarding that press release? It seems to suggest that the roster is now complete (at least until the season starts)... So no 11th import???
It just said they are not rushing not that they were not signing!!

So glad Maxie is back with us he is a pivot pin in the team.

Great to see Max back - on his day, as good as anyone in the league. Bit concerned about the delay in signing the final import but, as it suggests, Devils may just be waiting to see if any top class players are unable to get an AHL contract before finalising the roster.

Seems a good idea to me there will be a lot of top quality players not getting an AHL contract that we can look at nearer season start. We got Weller on the back of him not getting a contract over there.

Anyways I am well chuffed with this signing. I think we will see some lovely hits from Maxi next season with the protection he will have.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

osh

Excellent news as far as I'm concerned! I think we already have a far better squad than last season, and in saying that, I assume that G and Franny will wait until the right type of player is known to be available within the allocated budget. As for Max, I'm sure he will be fit and raring to go come the start of the season and as we already know, when he is on his game he can be sensational.

DevilDom

Rempel16 said:

Glad Max is back too. Really hope he can stay injury free and prove he is still one of the best in the laegue.

I agree that the way the article is written and the fact they are bigging up that Max could quarter back the powerplay (rather than an offensive D man?) does make you think whether they are actually going to sign an 11th import before the season starts. Really hope this isn't true. It has been tried before and unless we are extremely lucky will not work especially against our conference rivals.

Have Hope#35

I would argue that they hinted at not filling the Import quota when we signed LaCosta as well, I think we need all 11 to Win games in our Conference... At present we'll definitely compete - This was the last paragraph of the signing announcement:
The Cardiff Devils have now acquired 9 imports for 2013/14 and can afford to take a view regarding filling the final 2 available positions. Pope commented, “As any good organisation does we communicate daily, re-evaluate our needs and look at our strengths and weaknesses. I take my hat off to Gerad and Neil for the team they have assembled thus far. It looks promising, but there is still much to do behind the scenes to be ready for a big season for the club.”
The article: http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devils-news/we-raise-you-lacosta/

Have Hope#35

KaneDevils said:
How does that hint towards not starting the season with 11 imports?
Think paranoia is creeping in.

;:|
Put it this way... Prior to the latest announcement I read this as the club taking a view on whether or not to fill the final two import slots! Paranoia or not it certainly hints in the last two player announcements that we 'possibly' won't be signing a full quota of imports. I'm happy to be proved wrong though (just don't think I will be)!

Just a thought, hasn't been confirmed by anyone, is it possible Max has been signed as a D man based on the fact that is where he has played his international hockey and we are still looking for an attacking import?? Could be way off the mark but if they are already looking to use him as an offensive D man on the power play, could he possibly full that role full time??

KaneDevils

Thread starter #19
Put it this way... Prior to the latest announcement I read this as the club taking a view on whether or not to fill the final two import slots! Paranoia or not it certainly hints in the last two player announcements that we 'possibly' won't be signing a full quota of imports. I'm happy to be proved wrong though (just don't think I will be)!
I honestly think we will go with 11. The message to me is this is our last full season in the tent and were going out with a bang, kind of message.
Time will tell of course ...

SPEEDACE:

What a great point that is! You could be spot on there my friend!