Refs for this weekend

Finny

Should ensure we get a bloodbath on Saturday at least, and the Sunday will depend on which side of the bed Carson gets out.

Russky

This Weeks Officials
October 2010

23rd Oct SAT Newcastle Vipers Cardiff Devils League 7:00pm Wilson Dalgleish Farren
24th Oct SUN Cardiff Devils Sheffield Steelers League 6.00pm Darnell Ormond Motton

That should be interesting to see what reception Sam gets after last sunday!

Has Darnell reffed any games for us so far this season? I'd bet any money he's standing in for Hicks, to give the home fans a week or two to calm down.

James

Administrator
Let's hope Darnell doesn't loose control on Sunday then. He's probably the ref I'd trust least to maintain order against Shuff

Thread starter #7
i know didnt darnell ref a game against shuff last year and lose control with all the penalties........anyway he has to be slightly better than darnell.

A bit concerned for motton to be lining again.

Finny

I think Darnell might have been in charge when we played Sheffield with 3 imports missing. He called an incorrect delay of game penalty against us in the dying minutes which allowed Sheffield to equalise, but we ended up winning it in overtime.

DevilDom

Finny said:
I think Darnell might have been in charge when we played Sheffield with 3 imports missing. He called an incorrect delay of game penalty against us in the dying minutes which allowed Sheffield to equalise, but we ended up winning it in overtime.
Weren't we 5 men down in that game? Or is that just how I like to remember it! :lol:

Finny

Actually I think it was four.

Voth - for fighting behind the bench
Birbraer - for fighting from the bench
Romfo - for getting a game in the final 2 minutes
Hartwick - for getting a game in the final 2 minutes.

I can't think of a 5th player?

DevilDom

Ah, that is probably where I am getting the "5 men down" from as oppose to imports.

I just remember as I brought a friend from Nottingham to the game. He'd been to see the Panthers before but wasn't overly impressed with Ice Hockey. Well, after that game he was and especially the Devils!

On another note did we ever figure out whether that "game in the last 2 minutes = a match ban" rule was true or just something made up by Darnell on the spot? Didn't Tylor get a game penalty in the last minute against Coventry last Saturday?

Wasnt that rule implemented last season? If you initiate a fight in the last two minutes of the game, you get a game ban. Only fair - stops gooning for the sake of gooning and trying to get that last goal in.

Finny

Ghost Dog said:
On another note did we ever figure out whether that "game in the last 2 minutes = a match ban" rule was true or just something made up by Darnell on the spot? Didn't Tylor get a game penalty in the last minute against Coventry last Saturday?
It appears the rule was changed mid-season. Conveniently.

I think this season there is a 1 match ban if you intigate a fight in the last two minutes of a game.

TheStub

Finny said:
Ghost Dog said:
It appears the rule was changed mid-season. Conveniently.

I think this season there is a 1 match ban if you intigate a fight in the last two minutes of a game.
In the NHL this season it is automatic match ban for instigating in the last 5 minutes, plus a $10,000 fine for the coach.

NJ have sent L3 back to the minors for instigating needlessly in the Caps game.