RED LIGHT

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
was there a problem with the light behind the goal at the away fan end, it seemed the goal judge pressed the button when goals were scored and seemed ages for the light to go on as if it was a delayed reaction...noticed it more as the scorers were celebrating b4 the lamp lit up...thoughts on this...

Tyke Devil

Difficult for me to tell. I was sat quite low in the block to the R/H side nearest the main entrance. I guess it would be equivalent to block 11 in the BBT and TBH the lights appear so far back from the plexi it was really hard to see the light at all.

Probably fine if you are sat higher up though.

James

Administrator
Its not great higher up. The problem is its so far from the goal that if you are following the puck you just don't see the light go on as its not anywhere near your focus. Could do with one on the plexi behind the goal.

wildthing74

Needs to be behind the goal for sure and I would think it will be on the list of changes for next season. I'm pretty sure lots of fans can't see it especially behind the goals.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #5
James said:
Its not great higher up. The problem is its so far from the goal that if you are following the puck you just don't see the light go on as its not anywhere near your focus. Could do with one on the plexi behind the goal.
totally agree , needs to be on plexi.

JC23

From what I was told on Sunday night, the light has a 3/4 second delay after the button has San pressed, and also, they're actually just white lights with red paper infront.

As someone else said, last minute addition, so maybe it was the best they could come up with, for now.

Milky

RichardR said:
I believe the goal lights are temporary as they were a last minute addition on Saturday morning.
Wow, didn't know that!!!!

Not like anyone would have known years in advance these were needed for a professional hockey rink. :DWD

TK must be spitting feathers and I wouldn't blame him.

gdf

I was sat in block five for the opening two games, so I'm not sure if it was the same with the light behind the block four goal, but the delay between the goal being scored and the light coming on definitely caused some confusion. Those first two goals on Saturday were difficult to see the puck in the goal, so you had some fans down that end celebrating, but we couldn't see the red light. There were a few fans half out of their seats until the light came on.

Kipper

Milky said:
RichardR said:
I believe the goal lights are temporary as they were a last minute addition on Saturday morning.
Wow, didn't know that!!!!

Not like anyone would have known years in advance these were needed for a professional hockey rink. :DWD

TK must be spitting feathers and I wouldn't blame him.
It was no fun operating them I can tell you!

RichardR said:
It beats the pieces of paper with goal written on them they used when the tent opened.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. I really hope this facility is not going to be let down by the "casual" attitudes of management & staff. People worked bloody hard to get this thing built for all ice users, not for the same old faces to use as a social club. Green bank need to keep a close supervisory eye on their investment and set a standard that the arena and every person that walks through the doors deserves. Ten years of the shitshow that is Planet Ice is plenty thanks.

James

Administrator
Gingers Husband said:
I really hope this facility is not going to be let down by the "casual" attitudes of management & staff. People worked bloody hard to get this thing built for all ice users, not for the same old faces to use as a social club. Green bank need to keep a close supervisory eye on their investment and set a standard that the arena and every person that walks through the doors deserves. Ten years of the shitshow that is Planet Ice is plenty thanks.
Very much this. The WNIR was a tip towards the end, the state of the tent went rapidly downhill. I'm confident that the niggles in the new arena will be ironed out but now it's built there seems to be odd choices and lack of vision from some quarters. Onwards and upwards though.

gdf said:
I was sat in block five for the opening two games, so I'm not sure if it was the same with the light behind the block four goal, but the delay between the goal being scored and the light coming on definitely caused some confusion. Those first two goals on Saturday were difficult to see the puck in the goal, so you had some fans down that end celebrating, but we couldn't see the red light. There were a few fans half out of their seats until the light came on.
True that! The first couple goals confused me too! Giants clearly tried to take advantage of it, claiming the first 2 weren't actually goals! They got away with it the first time, but the 2nd time the officials weren't having it! which was good.....and lead to a funny game misconduct xD