Really interesting documentary on Brodeur

TheStub

I got the HD documentary that the NHL Network ran. Probably the same one (in work, so can't check).

What a career, and what a keeper.

I think it is worth watching for any hockey fan. He is extraordinary, but he is where he is through hard work and determination - and not being scared to find a style that works for him. Although I can bet we would be moaning about him if he played for Cardiff :lol:

Thread starter #3
I've seen him play several times over in the states, and he is an incredible goalie to watch, but doesn't look the safest at times!

552 + says it all though!

TheStub

Never seen him play in person, but I rarely miss a Devils game (sat on my sofa ;) ).

The fans here would hate him - he wanders, controls the puck and stays on his feet. But, the stats don't lie. Most wins in NHl history, most wins in a single season, 3 off having the most career shutouts, and I think he had most shut outs in a playoff series.

Two Stanley Cups and two Vesinev (can't spell) say it all really. Not bad for a third choice guy who had to step up because of injury.

Any aspiring netminder could do far worse than watching what he does, and see if it fits for them. Lke the Devils say, he is like having an extra D when it comes to transition play!