Random question on old Trophies

Gazr76

Thread starter #1
Are all the old Devils Superleague, Heineken league etc trophies still about somewhere? I remember these being in a glass cabinet back in the WNIR in the old days, and I don’t recall seeing them in The Viola anywhere.

Kevlar68

Also was the jersey in the bar a real Gretzky as it was professionally framed? If it wasn't the framing would have cost more than the shirt and where did that go?

I recall that when the WNIR closed, there was an auction in Gretzky's of a lot of the items, such as framed photos and caricatures that hung on the walls. I think some of the boxed jerseys may have been auctioned too. It's a long time ago, but I think it may have coincided with "Drink the Bar Dry" night. I have a few of the framed photos that used to hang in the bar. I also have a brick from the WNIR. I used to have the massive vinyl banner showing all the players on the bench which used to hang on the exterior of the building but sadly that got stolen from my garage many years ago.

moggy#9

I would have loved to have brought my seat home with me, as some in Nottingham did when the ice stadium closed. Sadly we weren't allowed to. I'd also have loved to have had a brick. I think they missed a trick there.

Kevlar68

I would have loved to have brought my seat home with me, as some in Nottingham did when the ice stadium closed. Sadly we weren't allowed to. I'd also have loved to have had a brick. I think they missed a trick there.
Didn't they sell the seats off in sections? I'm sure my friend had a section of 4.