Programme archive

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
So I’ve got a big mound of old Devils ephemera from day one. Partly gifted to me, partly from my own collection. The advent of modern phones means that it’s actually quite easy to scan these all in now. The question is does anyone care or is interested. It’s quick to do but there is a _lot_ of material to get through. As an example it would be creating pdfs like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/hul3lwh3w01iql5/1990-08-28 Trafford Challenge Cup.pdf?dl=0 If people are interested I can get scanning.

Paul Castron signed for the Devils in late July 1989 only to pull out of the deal a week before the season was due to start.

He was a mate of JL who was a bit upset about it all. I remember John telling me to go and wait outside the WNIR before training one night as Castron's replacement would be arriving soon.

As .some of you will know that was DOUG McEWEN and as they say the rest is history

Paul Castron signed for the Devils in late July 1989 only to pull out of the deal a week before the season was due to start.

He was a mate of JL who was a bit upset about it all. I remember John telling me to go and wait outside the WNIR before training one night as Castron's replacement would be arriving soon.

As .some of you will know that was DOUG McEWEN and as they say the rest is history
I can remember being gutted he wasnt coming but as you say his replacement at 7 was immense.Dint we send someone to pick Castron up from Heathrow but he wasnt on the plane.