Pride: Presumably I have missed....

Devils86

Thread starter #1
Completely forgot but wasn't Pride Week across the EIHL supposed to be in early January? Presume it was then aborted due to the crowd restrictions here and in Scotland?

I note other clubs have had their Pride nights....we haven't had ours have we? As I haven't seen the jersey reveal. Again I presume will be announced/scheduled for when fans are back in IAW (as almost pointless without the fans there)

Rhyan48

Completely forgot but wasn't Pride Week across the EIHL supposed to be in early January? Presume it was then aborted due to the crowd restrictions here and in Scotland?

I note other clubs have had their Pride nights....we haven't had ours have we? As I haven't seen the jersey reveal. Again I presume will be announced/scheduled for when fans are back in IAW (as almost pointless without the fans there)
They showed little teasers of the pride jersey a few weeks back and replied to the question asked on Twitter and said it will be soon so I’m questing we will be having ours now fans are back

dave

It was announced by the league that details of cardiffs game would be confirmed after restrictions lifted so to have fans in attendance. So hopefully something soon.

Rob Batch

Diversity and inclusivity are great words but where are these players in the EIHL or NHL ? Rainbow tape is not the same as a player on the ice.

Rob Batch

The lack of comments tells me there is not that much to be proud about. This is the reality we live with, virtue is not among us. Honesty is clearly hard to come by but pretending to be diverse is ridiculous and offensive. :)

Kevlar68

"Opine or shhhhhh!"
Firstly what is "opine", secondly shhhhhh is actually spelt shhh and thirdly are you giving me a choice "opine or shhhhhh" which isn't a statement, it's a question.
Your not very good at this are you!

Last edited:

Rob Batch

I assume your 'bar' is so chilled you have zero customers. You are clearly not very good at that. To opine is to have an actual opinion if that helps you.

Kevlar68

See again you assume without any knowledge which is a dangerous thing and you have no knowledge of me or my business or you would know about my "Bar" and I have no knowledge of you which I'm pleased about.
On to my opinion.
EIHL and the clubs support Pride which they show with wearing game worn Pride jerseys, sell Pride Jerseys, sell Pride masks, supporters wear Pride rainbow colours and Pride colours on televised scoreboards, so it's not just tape. Football does even less, they wear rainbow laces in boots that kick balls and rainbow captains armband.
You use pride tape on a handle and no one will see it as much as on the blade of a stick or as you call it "the bit you thwack the puck with".
To support Pride show's you support anyone who is part of the LGBTQ community which I believe if a player were to come out the clubs and the EIHL would support them.
It's the individual players choice to choose when or if they come out, you can't support a player if you don't know be it NHL, AHL, EIHL etc.
The teams can't just announce "Hey look we have player X, he's a member of the LGBTQ community" if that player doesn't want it known.
Hope that has helped as I would never shhh! not shhhhhh!

Last edited:

Rob Batch

Very well done, many words that say absolutely nothing. You failed to mention black or asian players, was that on purpose? Knowing me knowing you is irrelevant and petty. There seems to be a lot of 'selling' going on, did you notice ? Black or Asian players don't come out as you put it, others do or don't due to prejudice regardless of colourful tape or jerseys. Empty gestures are just that, empty. If you genuinely want diversity at the club then hassle the owners to implement it. If not then do nothing.

Kevlar68

The title of the thread is "Pride: presumably i have missed...." so Pride is what I'm commenting on as the title doesn't mention anything else you see.
Money from the sales does go to the LGBTQ community and are you saying that if a Cardiff Devils player did come out as part of the LGBTQ community that Devils fans would be prejudiced against them?

Last edited: