Premier Sports Discount

Diafol

If you're subscribing to watch NHL then don't forget that Viaplay have the online rights next season (no more NHL TV) and there's been no mention of a "proper" TV deal as yet, so it might not be on Premier Sports once the Stanley Cup Finals are over.

kettdevil1

If you're subscribing to watch NHL then don't forget that Viaplay have the online rights next season (no more NHL TV) and there's been no mention of a "proper" TV deal as yet, so it might not be on Premier Sports once the Stanley Cup Finals are over.
This has come up a few times and I have been trying to find out what is going on. The initial deal with Premier was 5 years in 2016 and a new deal was signed in September 2021. I have a feeling this was 'multi year' but can't find the details. As Diafol says it might be the case that it disappears so would be worth checking. My gut feeling is that it will be on 'normal' TV somewhere but it is an unknown.

Disappointing news about NHL TV as that was a great service at a good price

matbur

Delighted Premier Sports no longer have NHL games. Amount of European time friendly games they showed was becoming less and less and would rather pay one subscription and have all the games with no blackout nonsense.

Don't think EIHL coverage is worth subscription on it's own.

Diafol

This is total speculation on my part:
If the deal goes ahead, could it be one subscription with "Viaplay Sports"on TV with the usual 15 games a week, then "Viaplay Extra" online with access to all the other games ?

kettdevil1

A lot of clubs have arranged midweek thursday games to accmodate premier sports as well...
This has come up a few times and I am not sure where the truth lies. I know it was mentioned as a possibility but looking at the fixtures, if we exclude the Christmas period, there are only 5 games on a Thursday (we have two of them), so not sure if this is linked to Premier or not?