Pre-season games

Devilsatw

So we just beat a team that finished 6th in the ebel league last season!!

Not bad for our first game together.
Hopefully give grazz99 a game in the chl next month

jimmy snels

marjamaki set the tone last night, and to me already looks like a proper player. was fast, hit hard, went to the dirty areas, scored 2.... christ i really could go on. going to need to match his Dmen imo as the cross check to the face he took was in retaliation to a big hit he made and to keep him doing his thing he's going to want to know his team mates have his back. was extremely suprised we let it slide even in a friendly.
enjoyed the game. mcnamme looks a big upgrade and riley will grow into that role.

august04

So we just beat a team that finished 6th in the ebel league last season!!

Not bad for our first game together.
Hopefully give grazz99 a game in the chl next month
It’s no surprise to me that we’re matching/beating teams in the EBEL league. We should have beaten Salzburg in the CHL game at home last year, they just had better goaltending on the night but we were the better team. We should be targeting that home Graz99ers CHL game as a must win. I was very encouraged by the Devils performance last night, the tone being set by Marjamaki in the first shift. I half think AV19 thought it might be a typical pre-season affair but they got that very wrong! If you’re charging top dollar for tickets though, it should be a proper game, so credit to the Devils for their approach to the game. We certainly look to have added to our speed, intensity and physicality on last year (albeit we only have seen one game!), don’t think there will be as many dull games this year. More of the same please tonight.

osh

Not that impressed with our performance tonight. Expected a bit more after last nights result. The fact that Fehervar couldn’t even manage to ice 3 full lines yet still won the game is even more disappointing. Their netminder had a great game to be fair. Certain players looked as though last night’s efforts had taken a lot out of them.

Decent enough game to watch again tonight, over the 2 games the Devils have had a chance to play more competitive games than I thought they would and played in all situations so I think that bode well now into another week of training and then the panthers next weekend

Diablo3

Not quite as sharp as last night, but in a feisty game we did dominate for periods. At this stage we are not match fit yet, so there is more to come I'm sure. Got very confused at some of the penalties, especially as the score board wasn't showing some of them. The game could have gone either way. We still won on aggregate :)

Last edited:

august04

It was a chippy game tonight. Personally, I expected to see Timmins get sorted out after leaving his leg out on Marjamaki, which was a very dangerous play - I was disappointed he didn’t answer for that. I can’t agree that we dominated for periods tonight, I thought AV19 were the better team on the night. Saying that we got back to level it up and they scored 1 or 2 soft ones tonight which Bowns might want back. Two very good games though over the weekend which has started our pre-season nicely.
And on the topic of the scoreboard - we’ve had all the off-season to sort it out, yet we start the pre-season games with a large area blacked out (where the penalties are shown) on the screen facing the benches. Can arena management please get this fixed if they/the fan council read this thread?

Last edited:

Jonesy83

Looks like I picked the wrong game out of the 2 this weekend to attend.

Was really looking forward to it after reading about Saturday performance, left disappointed.

Wannabe2

Anyway let’s all stay positive, we have an awesome looking team, that’s only going to get better. It’s been a long summer, and this great sport is back, the game we all love with a passion. We all have that in common, and nothing can change that.
Happy Hockey Days.

Swarley

Even though we lost yesterday it wasn't as though we rolled over for them, I'll happily take a loss where we are more physical than an easy win with no physicality.