Pre-season games

nicky27

Thread starter #1
Have people noticed how many empty seats are available on Saturday night. Does anyone think it's because it is expensive for a friendly game?

pjj365

Usual issue and my usual response

It's school holidays - people may be away
For parents it's an expensive time - holiday costs, back to school things to buy
It's August - light nights, other attractions
It's not a competitive game
A reasonable number of people are interested in the leauge only and don't even turn out for cup matches

I can't help but feel cost may be an issue but I guess it's far from the only reason

d20

i dont get why they dont reduce tickets for the pre season games to try and get a good crowd..maybe try a £5 for kids or even a £20 family ticket 2 adults 2 children summer is hard but maybe doing something like this would get a bigger crowd in.

pjj365

I am not arguing about the idea of offers for pre-season games (adopted by some other clubs).

It makes sense to me that getting numbers through the door generating income is a good way to go. But that is me.

Club management will have weighed up high volume/low margin against low volume/high margin and made their choice. Yes It would be great to get more (maybe new) bums on seats but pre-season is surely about the team not a warm up for us fans - although that is what happens with the "few" who go along.

tim78

I would have thought a full house is better, It's a good opportunity to attract new fans and at the best time the beginning of a season.

The mini season ticket is a good start and happy with how it's done. Just need to fill those empty seats whether it's school offers or Radio ticket prizes.

jimmy snels

any cricketers will be playing Saturday much like myself and i know of a good few of them who go to games including a few umpires.
to expensive to attend them all. picking a select few.

Temme

any cricketers will be playing Saturday much like myself and i know of a good few of them who go to games including a few umpires.
to expensive to attend them all. picking a select few.
Same here,

Money is not an issue but i begrudge paying £18 per game when there's nothing riding on them.

To be honest, I'm contemplating about going but the price is a litte steep and if the arena numbers looks a little dull to be honest which is a shame! If it was almost at full capacity I would go.

mjh

I'll be there Saturday to get my hockey fix. It's a shame to have lower crowd numbers but completely understand why it's like that preseason. Definitely think it would be worth the club trialling discounted tickets next preseason and I don't mean a multi game package.

ASHIPP

I think the Club might get a stronger response if individual game discounts were offered rather than a full game package. I can't go to all Pre - season or CHL games but I can go to most. No discount offered on individual games. Might have got a better response to these..... but there is still time.

osh

The club don’t often get things wrong, however, they consistently get the financing relating to pre season wrong IMO.
It’s an opportunity first of all to get a lot of newcomers involved by making ticket prices to be lowered and try and get a larger attendance. A lot of regulars will be on holiday etc. I’d rather see a near capacity or even 3/4 full stadium at cheaper ticket prices than a half full stadium at today’s pricing structure.

voth26

I cant get to the first two games, so 18th is my first. bought tickets for 18th, 25th and game after plus CHL games for me and my 2 grand children, because I didn't buy tickets for all games couldn't get a discount cost me £120!! my choice I know but that's on top of 2 season tickets

Ocko

I’ll be going to these ones, but only because I happen to be back in Cardiff this weekend for other reasons. It’s over 2 hours each way, just not worth it for a dead rubber. I think the pricing is atrocious for a friendly. If they were played in the spirit of the old Blaze ‘friendly’ days I’d get it but they aren’t.

matbur

Back to back nights at these prices??

I will probably on Sunday because I've missed hockey and want to check out view from my new season ticket seats.