Pre season fixtures confirmed

I wouldn’t say we’re that far off the AHL and this league is certainly progressing as are the devils especially since we’re doing relatively well in the CHL with our compete levels
I hate to sound pesimistic but the elite league is nowhere near the AHL i gotta say, though you are right it is progressing somewhat, but you also need to realise that the cardiff are the bare top of the elite league so it will always look good here. Regarding the devils performances in the CHL it will be interesting how well they actually do in this years CHL and Belfast too.

Edit: Unless by the AHL you meant Alps hockey league then the elite league is definitely better than that

Wannabe2

Agree the Elite league is no where near the AHL where lots of players are near a NHL shot, we are closer to the East Coast League, and getting better each season.

Diablo3

You'd think with the connections the Calgary 4 might have we could get an NHL team over at some point. TK managed to sort out Boston in Belfast a few years ago so it can be done. I'd love to see an NHL team tour the uk even if it's one of the bottom feeders like New Jersey or Florida. I'm sure if they were on the mainland they could go to shuff and notts too. I'm not moaning about having euro teams for pre season exhibition games as it beats playing the chavs but imagine seeing a big boy team in our humble little barn!
Funnily enough, I just got back from the US where I saw the Florida Panthers play the New Jersey Devils. If that is bottom feeding, lets have some of it. The Panthers arena is HUGE, and the locals talking around us were valuing their players 12 million for one 13 million for another. The 50/50 was $32,000. They were picking random seats and giving away holidays to Hawaii, 50" TV's, All expenses paid tickets to the playoff finals. It was another world.

Wannabe2

Funnily enough, I just got back from the US where I saw the Florida Panthers play the New Jersey Devils. If that is bottom feeding, lets have some of it. The Panthers arena is HUGE, and the locals talking around us were valuing their players 12 million for one 13 million for another. The 50/50 was $32,000. They were picking random seats and giving away holidays to Hawaii, 50" TV's, All expenses paid tickets to the playoff finals. It was another world.
That’s because it is another world, and always have been, the money in Nth American sport is totally untrue. However football which is our National sport, is way above their league, horses for courses.

kingmo19.1

The EIHL is nowhere near the AHL. Our top 2 lines would do a good job to hold theirs then their 3rd and 4th line would totally destroy us.

If you meant to type ECHL, that would be a better comparison.

According to multiple league rankings we are lower than all 3 Jr Canadian hockey leagues and the NCAA and the Swedish 2nd tier. We either have an unknown gem of a league in the hockey world or we rate our league too highly.