Pre season fixtures confirmed

pjj365

So, as it stands, we've got Joey Martin against Fehervar, Banksa Bystrica and MAC Budapest all by himself?

Frankly I feel sorry for them.
Even worse than last year
At this stage then IIRC Joey, Pope abd Fourns were off to play CHL - should be some help for Joey later today though

Samael

You'd think with the connections the Calgary 4 might have we could get an NHL team over at some point. TK managed to sort out Boston in Belfast a few years ago so it can be done. I'd love to see an NHL team tour the uk even if it's one of the bottom feeders like New Jersey or Florida. I'm sure if they were on the mainland they could go to shuff and notts too. I'm not moaning about having euro teams for pre season exhibition games as it beats playing the chavs but imagine seeing a big boy team in our humble little barn!

Samael

It's an exhibition game and the NHL are trying to raise brand awareness globally, it would get media attention both here and in North America, it would sell out and it would give the fans who aren't lucky enough to live in San Jose or St Louis the chance to see truely Elite level hockey.

Nice attitude there though Wannabe *sarcasm*

RedDevil17

Why would Barcelona want to play Accrington Stanley.
You really are a complete and utter knob aren’t you. We’ve signed a few ex nhlers in the past so going by your logic some players have left ‘Barcelona’ to join ‘Accrington Stanley’. Your sarcastic attitude is pathetic sometimes and you don’t come across as funny by doing it. If anything it makes you look rather embarrassing so grow up...

Last edited:

Wannabe2

You really are a pillock aren’t you! We’ve signed a few ex nhlers in the past so going by your logic some players have left ‘Barcelona’ to join ‘Accrington Stanley’. Your sarcastic attitude is pathetic sometimes and you don’t come across as funny by doing it so if anything you’re making yourself look like a right knob.
Excuse me I never said anything about Barca players leaving to play for AS, where did I say that, and I don’t appreciate being called a dick thank you. Also I am not trying to be funny, why would I do that. With the exception of Boston once coming over to play Giants, which was a wheels within wheels thing, no NHL in the last 20/30 yrs have ever come over here I think. Try to not be so aggressive guys.

RedDevil17

Excuse me I never said anything about Barca players leaving to play for AS, where did I say that, and I don’t appreciate being called a dick thank you. Also I am not trying to be funny, why would I do that. With the exception of Boston once coming over to play Giants, which was a wheels within wheels thing, no NHL in the last 20/30 yrs have ever come over here I think. Try to not be so aggressive guys.
Was there any need for that comparison though? Barcelona are one of the best teams in the world so I guess you could class the nhl teams as Barcelona but we’re not as low as Accrington Stanley I’d say! Bit of an exaggeration I’d say. Compare us to a team like Newcastle. Back to hockey, I wouldn’t say we’re that far off the AHL and this league is certainly progressing as are the devils especially since we’re doing relatively well in the CHL with our compete levels so to compare us to Accrington is a little insulting. If we wanted to I’m sure we could maybe try and get an nhl team over here in the near future, why not eh?!

Also, how many times have you insulted other users on here when they disagree with you might I ask? I recall you calling me a dick on the Dundee thread a few months back. Sometimes you do come across as one on here if I’m honest especially when you moan about things for no reason for example the TV coverage. You’ve broken a few rules a couple of times and you’ve gotten away with it previously. However on this occasion I do apologise for calling you one...

Last edited:

RedDevil17

Can you show me the dundee thread buddy.
Yes I most certainly will. One of the mods blanked it out but you definitely said it. Anyway I’ve had my say about what I think of you and I probably shouldn’t have called you what I called you so I will apologise for that but I sure as hell don’t like you sometimes and I will say no more about you. I’m very excited for preseason either way and fingers crossed we can play an NHL team in the next few years once the league grows even further and it’s scary to think the kind of players we can attract!

Attachments

Last edited: