Positivity Overload - Technical Issues [only joking]

Rich Best

Thread starter #1
Due to an unprecedented overload of positive comments, you may have noticed that The Inferno suffered some technical problems yesterday and we had to reboot.

We are aware that this year we have a team of superb quality - but our servers are simply not setup to deal with such an overload of positive comments so we would appreciate if you would please revert to the normal negativity which our servers are set to.

It would really help, for instance, if you could post about how poor our coaching staff are, how inconsistent we have been in our run of 12 wins out of the last 14 games and highlighting players that are underperforming (rather than focusing on the players which are performing).

We thank you for your cooperation.

E.D.S.

.....and the point of this post is what? Are you bored? Is this just to incite more back and forth (which clearly I am resorting too). So go on then, I'll humour you......Why can't people have their own opinions? So what if it's negative. So what if it doesn't align with your views. So what if they don't like the coach. So what if we go undefeated for the rest of the season, win the league and someone still doesn't like our coach or moans about how Myers does his laces up. Does it really matter that much to you? This is mindless and the kind of thread that makes people wonder why they bother posting their opinions.

KaneDevils

This thread was locked? How bizarre. Almost as odd as not being able to access the site/threads when logged in but able to read them fine when not logged in. I know how that came about, and to the person responsible, your a childish idiot. You know who you are!!
Opinions are allowed, just don't upset the regulars. It simply won't do!

James

Administrator
Try posting something similar as the op on the likes of steeltalk and count the seconds till you get banned :D. As I said on the other thread I don't want it to be a medium for passive aggressive bitching and sniping but if it's meant in good humour only it's fine

James

Administrator
And KaneDevils I know you feel unfairly put upon but if you want to pm me we can duscuss the tonal differences between the way 'regulars' post and what's likely to cause censure

KaneDevils

And blocking my IP address so I can't access the site is ok? But you threaten to ban me? Interesting strategy.
You've also misinterpreted my previous post.

James

Administrator
I'd not threatened to ban you at any point to my knowledge and as far as I know your IP address isn't banned either. Your posting on here is proof of that. I'm not sure how many ways I can tell you I've got nothing personal against you despite what you seem to believe.

Edit.. if you are referring to my previous post 'op' signifies 'opening poster' or 'original post' so not you at all.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
And blocking my IP address so I can't access the site is ok? But you threaten to ban me? Interesting strategy.
You've also misinterpreted my previous post.
We don't actually have any IPs banned for the site...

The only current bans are by username only, and at least 4 of those are ones used by Chillee, the other 7 or so are all spam accounts as we seem to have lost the intermediate step between logging in and being able to see the forum since we upgraded :(

KaneDevils

Well something very odd is happening and has been for several weeks. I struggle to access the site except the old style home page. I literally have to click a thread title a dozen times before the page loads. I normally get a white screen after several minutes of the page trying to load. When posting, I click post reply and I get a three lined buffering type icon that goes from left to right for ages, sometimes the post doesn't get sent at all. When not logged in, no problems. I have tried on several different devises using several different isp's.

I've never posted anything that even comes close to warranting a ban. I post honestly and openly. And yes, for whatever reason, some get away with more than others. Just an observation.

Ps after mentioning my isp address being blocked, it's now working better. No lie.

Devil_Abroad

Due to an unprecedented overload of positive comments, you may have noticed that The Inferno suffered some technical problems yesterday and we had to reboot.

We are aware that this year we have a team of superb quality - but our servers are simply not setup to deal with such an overload of positive comments so we would appreciate if you would please revert to the normal negativity which our servers are set to.

It would really help, for instance, if you could post about how poor our coaching staff are, how inconsistent we have been in our run of 12 wins out of the last 14 games and highlighting players that are underperforming (rather than focusing on the players which are performing).

We thank you for your cooperation.
Will do, I hate bringing down servers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well something very odd is happening and has been for several weeks. I struggle to access the site except the old style home page. I literally have to click a thread title a dozen times before the page loads. I normally get a white screen after several minutes of the page trying to load. When posting, I click post reply and I get a three lined buffering type icon that goes from left to right for ages, sometimes the post doesn't get sent at all. When not logged in, no problems. I have tried on several different devises using several different isp's.

I've never posted anything that even comes close to warranting a ban. I post honestly and openly. And yes, for whatever reason, some get away with more than others. Just an observation.

Ps after mentioning my isp address being blocked, it's now working better. No lie.
May have the Web site cahsed?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk