POFW'18

d20

SORTED !!!!.....Finally got some in block 11 in the coventry section good to see theres plenty of other devils fans in there so who is in block 11 lets hope we take over most of it !

august04

It's outrageous that Nottingham are still allocated 4 blocks for this showpiece event. That's just not right.

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

Check what you've been charged everyone.

This is the third year in a row that I've had to book (dearer) individual day tickets as you can't do a weekend package online, despite being told otherwise.
After emailing the box office they did actually refund the difference.

I feel another email coming on...
3 Weekend tickets total £246 - I think that’s correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Every other event in the Motorpoint arena lets you select a seat, why is it that for POFW you have to play the seats slot machine?

Either way, having 'pulled the lever' for 10minutes I gave up and accepted that I was in the nosebleed seats which come with a vertigo warning.

I'm sure it will be another fantastic weekend (other than the 3rd place game).
Totally agree - I was on at 10.30am and first 3 seats offered was row O!!! I wonder if they try and sell those first as if they’re finding it hard to sell later on you’ll probably be more likely to sell tickets closer to the ice?

Devil_Abroad

I needed to choose specific seats, and the only way to do that was to buy individual day tickets which is a dearer way of doing it.
In fairness, I've just got through to the box office and they were extremely helpful.

All sorted now :)
Ah so that’s how you do it!! Must remember that for next year - buy individual day tickets and be able to select your seat then moan at the box office and get a refund lol

Devil_Abroad

GUTTED....ALL SOLD OUT !!!.......on hold well over an hour got through and none left ,not even online .

What a joke and still Panthers and Steelers fan get more than most even with 2 new teams in the league this year and a chance to buy the week before general sale !!!!!!...surely they need to be upping ours as a club as the numbers have gone up year on year ....FUMING
Non left? That must be around 700 Devils tickets sold?

You can still go online and buy tickets elsewhere can’t you?

Devil_Abroad

Devils sold out fast this morning... Selected best available and got the Belfast area. That'll be an interesting final as their probably the next best team in my eyes.
It’s 5pm and 2 seats for weekend still available in Coventry end

Diafol

Ah so that’s how you do it!! Must remember that for next year - buy individual day tickets and be able to select your seat then moan at the box office and get a refund lol

I don't really want or feel the need to explain myself to strangers on a public forum, but since you've called my integrity into question then here goes.

My wife is registered blind and has difficulty managing too many stairs, so if I can get seats which will make things easier for her at the arena then I'll do it.

As I'm on the subject I'd like to say a massive thank you to Ado and the team at IceTime TV for supplying a receiver pack this season so she can listen to their far superior commentary instead of mine. Much appreciated guys.

*Gets off soapbox*

Earnie

In the old days there was a system when it was all done by our travel club.(Maggie and Friends)
Nottingham Arena decided to take over because some some club(s) failed to pay up - not Cardiff.

Failing to pay is not likely to happen again so why not try and negotiate being able to do the bookings in Cardiff again?
Devise some method where first come with deposit is first served and you choose your seat there and then.

The annual online and telephone shambles and stress in unbearable.

Hope it never goes back to the club. Two years running, we ordered our tickets on the first night they were up for sale. Both times, we were told we were within the first fifty to order our tickets. The first year we were sat 2 rows from back row and after asking the second year if we could be low down because of my mums bad health , we were told yet again, they would sort something out because we had ordered so early and it shouldn't be a problem, 4 rows from the back. We knew people who ordered on the last night available through the club, who were sat about 12 /14 rows in front. Very unfairly done . Can understand that people organising are going to help some friends out with tickets. Fair enough, but you don't expect to be in the first 50 two years running and be sat right at the back.

Earnie

As I said, devise a system whereby precise that does not happen. It must be fair and above board. When you pay your non refundable deposit, you get your Block and seat number. Not impossible surely? We also need a larger allocation of Blocks from Nottingham Arena. If the Blocks are on the bend we need three.

Kal

First try got what i wanted. I'm not overly fussy about where we sit. I like a end of a row seat and a bit further back than most by the seems. Also chose giants side over the chavs lol

Devil_Abroad

In the old days there was a system when it was all done by our travel club.(Maggie and Friends)
Nottingham Arena decided to take over because some some club(s) failed to pay up - not Cardiff.

Failing to pay is not likely to happen again so why not try and negotiate being able to do the bookings in Cardiff again?
Devise some method where first come with deposit is first served and you choose your seat there and then.

The annual online and telephone shambles and stress in unbearable.
Don’t think that would help those of us that live 170 miles away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imp

Might be some extra tickets in the next few days? Seem to recall that they can (and do) put additional seating in the stage area - Block 20? - when there’s sufficient demand.

Frustrating perhaps, and likely a problem that is going to get worse over the next few seasons, but selling out the arena in a few hours is a nice problem to have.

drainage

On phone and laptop same time. Online was a shambles and it took 50 minutes to answer the phone. Once you get a human being they are excellent. Got good tickets in row H
On Line 'exceeded limitation of 8'. I was only asking for 5. Then I think it meant 'none available' which was not true. Ah well, all done for another year.
That’s because when you select options it puts tickets into your basket even if you elect to search again , just need to remove them. Though I would suggest not adding them in first place NIC only add what people say yes to !

Devil_Abroad

~actually wasn’t having a go nor questioning your integrity~ happy to have helped you vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't really want or feel the need to explain myself to strangers on a public forum, but since you've called my integrity into question then here goes.

My wife is registered blind and has difficulty managing too many stairs, so if I can get seats which will make things easier for her at the arena then I'll do it.

As I'm on the subject I'd like to say a massive thank you to Ado and the team at IceTime TV for supplying a receiver pack this season so she can listen to their far superior commentary instead of mine. Much appreciated guys.

*Gets off soapbox*
~wasn’t having a go nor questioning your integrity~ happy to have helped you vent but not in the way I seem to have done

I was frustrated in the way the system doesn’t allow you to select a seat whilst offering me row O the first time. So if purchasing day tickets allow you to do this then why isn’t that a good idea if by then calling the box office to explain we get the price of a weekend ticket?

Earnie

Another odd one from yesterday - on phone to Nottingham

(Not me)

Could not buy weekend package.
Two seats in the rafters for Sat Block 12
Two seats in Block 13 for Sunday . Had to buy three because buying two would have left a single !!