POFW tickets - improvements for next time

youngbob

Thread starter #1
For an exercise carried out at very short notice, and which attracted criticism in various quarters, I thought it actually went fairly smoothly

Seems demand was greater than expected and some people left disappointed after queuing for several hours

One idea I heard a few times might help with a couple of aspects

On entry to the arena, people are asked how many tickets they wish to buy, and are given the requisite number of tickets 1 to 500 on that basis
Anyone arriving after the 500 have been exhausted would have the option of leaving at that point or hanging on for any left over by people not taking all those they originally requested
Issuing tickets in sequence, one only for each ticket, would mean no possibility of "saving a space in the queue" for later arrivals, rumoured, but I didn't see it myself

I'm sure the Devils organisation will have their own thoughts, but they might welcome constructive ideas from ourselves

Kevlar68

Only thing needed i would say is much more advance notice and ticket bookings via phone or website only. Having people queue out in the cold for hours seems prehistoric with the way technology is these days.

We were actually in the rink queuing around the concourse at the top. There was also free entertainment thrown on the main ice pad with learn to skate sessions at 9.00 - 10.00, 10.00 - 11.00 and 11.00 - 11.30 and the Cardiff Junior Devils v Slough at 12.00. Enlightening for me to see how the main pad is being used.
I was also one of the unlucky ones who didn't get a playoff ticket but, hey ho, I go again on February 4th.

pjj365

We were actually in the rink queuing around the concourse at the top. There was also free entertainment thrown on the main ice pad with learn to skate sessions at 9.00 - 10.00, 10.00 - 11.00 and 11.00 - 11.30 and the Cardiff Junior Devils v Slough at 12.00. Enlightening for me to see how the main pad is being used.
I was also one of the unlucky ones who didn't get a playoff ticket but, hey ho, I go again on February 4th.
I was there at 6 and saw some really good youngster being coached - interesting and good to see the dedication.

Two little girls in particular had the pad to themselves and got a deserved round of applause

The music wasn't bad either but knew we'd been there for a while when the playlist started repeating!!!

d20

The reason for the playlist repeating was some of the figure skaters were practicing their show dances for the British Championships they have on Monday so did numerous plays (my niece is one ) the music is played for that skater .

pjj365

The reason for the playlist repeating was some of the figure skaters were practicing their show dances for the British Championships they have on Monday so did numerous plays (my niece is one ) the music is played for that skater .
No problem really - good luck to those competing tomorrow

Foxy

I got there just after 5.30 so was lucky enough to get tickets. It was just nice to actually talk to someone and get the seats you wanted and not having to go through the rigmarole of a computer offering seats which are no way suitable.
Actually thought the way it was processed ran quite smoothly.

A big thumbs up to the staff member who let us in early it was blinking cold lol

Also meeting people you would not normally speak to during a game as well. Nice to hear and debate with people who have different opinions.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the figure skaters and yes good luck to those competing tomorrow.

Like the idea of tickets being given out on the way in. I have to be honest i would have been gutted to wait all that time and not get a ticket. For those that missed out hope your successful on the 4th.

Wannabe2

I got there just after 4am, only people in front of me were those that came directly from Nottingham, at 1-30 and they were a real joy to be among tired but in great spirits. The doors indeed opened at 6am, and we formed a disciplined queue in the top seats around the rink, that ran from block 2 to past the away block. It was a drawn out job, but the staff handled it really well, we have far more fans than what the club was allocated. So at this moment in time some fans are going to be disappointed unfortunately. More tickets will be available as teams don’t make it ( Steelers possibly ) Anyway huge thank you to the staff that sorted us all, it certainly wasn’t a stroll in the park.

Foxy

Rather embarrassingly I have a confession to make .... I got there at 5.30am, thought I’d have a quick nap in the car for 20 minutes and then woke up at 11.15am!

Doh! Suffice to say, I then decided to drive home very quietly.
Sorry but that did make me laugh:) hope your successful on the 4th