POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

Earnie

If demand for Playoffs tickets are so high maybe they need to start looking at bigger venues.

Wembley Arena was the best time ever. Knock spots off Nottingham .Bigger than Nottingham but not sure if their ice plant is still functional. And it was a neutral venue.

Last edited:

terry hunt

Wembley was a good experience but i am sure that the MEN was better.Great location for transport,food,hotels and fairly central for all clubs.
With the increase in numbers interested in attending the POFW should not the EIHL explore if this is a possibility or another arena with the capacity that has an ice plant.
It would take away the stranglehold that Neil Black has on the EIHL.

Wannabe2

Wembley Arena was the best time ever. Knock spots off Nottingham .Bigger than Nottingham but not sure if their ice plant is still functional. And it was a neutral venue.
Wembley don’t have a ice pad anymore, it was great times there although there was very little facilities in the area

The person in front of me bought the last two tickets...

I appreciate early bird gets the worm but no idea why they couldn't have assigned people a position in the queue and given them a slip with the amount of tickets required on it, thus guaranteeing them the tickets...
Ouch! That’s a tough one, sorry you missed out. I got in with about 60 left. I agree it would’ve been useful to simply go along the line early on & ask ppl how many they wanted and then say beyond that “your chances are slim”. It was understaffed today, and something of a thankless task no doubt. It’ll be interesting to see what they do differently next year.

Good luck in getting them online.

Milky

You really don’t understand the problem

Your post is also demeaning and nasty in tone

What’s been done is totally unfair and if you can’t see that then there’s no point in having the conversation.
Not at all. The previous poster sarcastically implied my comments held season ticket holders in higher regard than others. That clearly wasn’t the case so I had to spell it out clearly for him/her.

As an aside, It’s tiresome to read some of the posts on here and tweets from some of our fans. I speak to lots of friends and we genuinely struggle to understand and empathise with a lot of the opinions and rants from posters. There is definitely a sense of entitlement in certain quarters. I really am shocked at some people’s attitudes.

And what do you mean ‘it’s totally unfair’? I have visions of you clenching your fists and stamping your feet.

The demand exceeds supply here. People will miss out and I will probably be one of them. Ce la vie. If we get to the final then I’m sure I’ll be able to pick up a ticket from another clubs fan and travel up on the day.

pjj365

Ouch! That’s a tough one, sorry you missed out. I got in with about 60 left. I agree it would’ve been useful to simply go along the line early on & ask ppl how many they wanted and then say beyond that “your chances are slim”. It was understaffed today, and something of a thankless task no doubt. It’ll be interesting to see what they do differently next year.

Good luck in getting them online.
Don't understand understaffed.

2 blocks - 1 person taking bookings for each block

Being done manually (which is a potential flaw) how else could it be done without duplicate sales

OJLloyd

Steve, thanks for replying.

The odds are worse. Please don’t try and pretend they are not

If Todd wanted to favour those fans able to get to the rink and queue hours before the selling time then announce it before the EIHL announce the POFW hockey dates so we can work out whether we’re able to get to the rink and if not whether we’re happy to go for bigger risk of 1 in 200.

I know someone who queued for 4 hours and was told they’re now sold out. So he has to queue again on the 4th with less chance of getting a ticket?

Many of us tweeted how unfair this proposed change was and yet he still went for it

I love the game. I’ve travelled everywhere following the Devils. Yes, it’s how we’ve chosen to spend our spare cash. Yes, our choice going forward too.

Right now it feels like he’s kicked us in the teeth and walked away smiling at all that money raised in a few hours.

The long drive to Nottingham, witnessing the awful hit taken by Mosey, the even longer drive to Fife to find the game cancelled due to ferry cancellations, still hasn’t dulled the disappointment at the decision taken on Friday.

Maybe a long summer might, maybe not.
I appreciate your dedication, I too have spent a decent amount of money on following the Devils to all sorts of places (even Coventry, shockingly).

But you claim this was unfair - I’m afraid I can’t agree at all.

Whilst there are less tickets available now, there are also 500 less people looking for tickets.

If we imagine there are 1000 (there always seem to be some disappointed) Devils fans who want to get tickets, half your competition has been removed from the equation. Now admittedly your odds are slightly less, using the figure of 1000 fans seeking tickets, it would be exactly the same amount of people who will miss out in the end (300).

You also seem to have taken this personally, as if you had some right to access to tickets. I’m not sure you will garner much sympathy with that outlook. You live abroad, I assume, but the Devils organising their business practices around outlying individuals would be ridiculous.

Just to add, your chances of getting through on the phone online will be increased by many fewer people trying to get through. But x people will still miss out, hopefully you aren’t one of them.

Don't understand understaffed.

2 blocks - 1 person taking bookings for each block

Being done manually (which is a potential flaw) how else could it be done without duplicate sales
I meant it was difficult to do as suggested about gathering numbers from ppl because everyone was busy. I take your point about duplicates- however they probably could have split those in two again, as long as each knows they only have a certain section, there is no overlap. Anyway it wasn’t a moan really, just I think ideally they’d probably have a couple more people on it if they had longer to organise.

Mega Sunday..........

No matter how much their well intentioned ideas, hard work etc etc are, it will always be spoilt by a severe lack of thought. Sometimes it’s good to hold off, think, hopefully conclude that a continuation will cause a train wreck, again.
Playoff tickets are a lottery, you’ll never ever ever be able to satisfy all fans, stop trying too, you’ll certainly not be thanked for it.
As for Steve and the owner group, we all appreciate the approach you’ve taken, but let’s not make vailed threats to fans, the club existed long before you guys and will long after.
I certainly hope you’re right but what makes you so absolutely certain of this? Durham Wasps were a giant of UK ice hockey when the Devils were formed. What happened to them? Do you know, or have you forgotten, how close the Devils came to suffering a similar fate when Steve, Todd & Co. came to the rescue?

As the song goes "don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone"

As to veiled threats, why on earth would Steve King, Todd or any of the owners need to veil any threats they felt inclined to make in regard to their future ownership and involvement with the club? If they wanted to make threats they strike me as the sort of people who would do so quite explicitly. Fortunately, I don’t believe for a moment there is any likelihood of them doing so now or at any time in the foreseeable future. Why? Because you’d have to be blind not to be able to see that these guys are not just owners but are true hockey fans who have taken our club and our City to their hearts. And one other thing they’ve evidently taken to their hearts -though I sometimes wonder why - is us, the fanbase. We should feel proud that they have done so. They are every bit as much Devils fans as any one of us - be they newbies or day one veterans like me - and they most definitely do not deserve the absurdly cheap jibes being bandied around by some on here.

I can well understand the disappointment felt by those fans who feel adversely affected by the playoff tickets sale decision that was taken but to suggest, as some have, that this was done solely to make a quick and easy profit from the fans, in other words to rip us off, is beyond belief. Anyone who seriously believes that a club with owner-fans like ours would go out of their way to upset and alienate even a very small part of its fanbase for the sake of £2500 is struggling to cope with the demands of reality in my opinion and would be well advised to follow through with their threats to find some other leisure pursuit to spend their money on next season. And why wouldn’t they if they truly believe that they are being treated like mugs?

When feelings have calmed a bit, I would hope that everyone will come to accept that the owners acted in what they believed to be the best interests of the fans. If, on reflection, they feel mistakes were made, I have no doubt they will do their very best to learn from those mistakes going forward. Any reasonable person can ask no more of them.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Thankfully a HUGE majority of devils fans know and appreciate everything our owners do for this great club, Jesus if anyone puts their money where they mouth is it’s these guys they are as committed as anyone of us, and thank God for that. We must never ever forget, we are good for these guys, and by gum these guys are so good for us, it’s that unison between us all that has taken us to the top, and it’s that unison that will keep us there. Don’t ever doubt these guys people, they want the very best for OUR CLUB, exactly what we want, when your club is the envy of the league, that’s the time-to appreciate and wallow in these amazing times. Why do we have more fans for the play offs than tickets, it’s because we are the Mutts Nutts that’s why, and this club has been turned around 180 degrees by our awesome owners. Together we are unbelievably strong, and what a feeling that is, let’s keep it going guys perfection doesn’t last forever.
Happy Hockey Days

Last edited:

d20

To those fans moaning about tickets YOU WILL GET SOME if you want them Ive struggled before now but even if it's in another block you'll get tickets ...plus we have a block next to us with MK fans who didn't take many last year Devils will fill half of those empty seats ,the other side is Sheffield who at the moment may not make the play offs and if Nottingham don't qualify there's another load ,plus fife and Dundee have a block each which they won't fill so be patient you will get them ,but please don't have a go at the owners ,Todd or the people that got up early and were qeueing for them some decided not to come early so missed out thats not the others fault .

Paul Sullivan

Sweet baby jeebus. Next time you visit the arena, take a look left in the bar. Then Maybe at the banners in the roof.

I do my best to bite my tongue but this is another level to owners that are the envy of ours and many other leagues.

Most people who were slated this badly would question how they spend their money and time. Please at least issue the respect they deserve for saving us from oblivion.

Mega Sunday..........

As for Steve and the owner group, we all appreciate the approach you’ve taken, but let’s not make vailed threats to fans, the club existed long before you guys and will long after.

Devil_Abroad

Not at all. The previous poster sarcastically implied my comments held season ticket holders in higher regard than others. That clearly wasn’t the case so I had to spell it out clearly for him/her.

As an aside, It’s tiresome to read some of the posts on here and tweets from some of our fans. I speak to lots of friends and we genuinely struggle to understand and empathise with a lot of the opinions and rants from posters. There is definitely a sense of entitlement in certain quarters. I really am shocked at some people’s attitudes.

And what do you mean ‘it’s totally unfair’? I have visions of you clenching your fists and stamping your feet.

The demand exceeds supply here. People will miss out and I will probably be one of them. Ce la vie. If we get to the final then I’m sure I’ll be able to pick up a ticket from another clubs fan and travel up on the day.
I appreciate your dedication, I too have spent a decent amount of money on following the Devils to all sorts of places (even Coventry, shockingly).

Whilst there are less tickets available now, there are also 500 less people looking for tickets.

If we imagine there are 1000 (there always seem to be some disappointed) Devils fans who want to get tickets, half your competition has been removed from the equation. Now admittedly your odds are slightly less, using the figure of 1000 fans seeking tickets, it would be exactly the same amount of people who will miss out in the end (300).

You also seem to have taken this personally, as if you had some right to access to tickets. I’m not sure you will garner much sympathy with that outlook. You live abroad, I assume, but the Devils organising their business practices around outlying individuals would be ridiculous.

Just to add, your chances of getting through on the phone online will be increased by many fewer people trying to get through. But x people will still miss out, hopefully you aren’t one of them.

The process for selling until Friday was as published by the EIHL - to everyone else on the 4th. Everyone with the same chance of getting their tickets.

Todd changed that on the Friday. He took 500 out of circulation leaving 200 as per what was announced. He changed it. Those willing to take the chance of 1 in 700 and booked hotels now have 1 in 200 chance. Taking 500 out of the equation because they don’t need them anymore doesn’t mean the odds remain the same. If only someone could make this clearer so those of you misguided this way can stop pushing an incorrect assumption.

If anyone finds that fair then I’m baffled.

Have I taken it personally? Well it does affect me, so I guess that’s a yes? Not sure of your point?

Do I have a right to access tickets? Well until Friday the same rights as everyone else as published by the EIHL, of which Cardiff is a member. As of Friday, no.

If Devils prefer this method going forward then at least we all know where we stand. As they only came up with it on Friday, with 2 days notice, I hardly feel that’s a step of an organisation thinking about all its fan base.

Finally, thank you for your kind thought about me, and many others like me in this predicament, hoping we get tickets. Appreciated.