POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

Kevlar68

No one should be whinging or moaning about queuing anyway if they made the decision to queue, also no one should be complaining about people in front of them having a advantage either as that's what a queue is, the people towards the front of a queue will have a better chance than those at the back. That's just logic.

pjj365

No one should be whinging or moaning about queuing anyway if they made the decision to queue, also no one should be complaining about people in front of them having a advantage either as that's what a queue is, the people towards the front of a queue will have a better chance than those at the back. That's just logic.
Agreed but sarcasm does not come over well in the written word - I will never learn

Thank you Todd , Katrina and John for all the hard work you have put in this Sunday to facilitate allocation of tickets. I am sure many , many others appreciate it as well.
Agreed - giving up their Sunday was probably not their choice and on top of that they’ll face some negative feedback from people. Thanks for giving up your time guys.

OJLloyd

Ding Ding Ding!

We have the full Devils fan entitlement bingo cases here, who got house?

We had people thinking their season ticket makes them more important than other fans; people not understanding basic logic (you will be competing against less buyers on 4 Feb, so your odds don’t change); people personally attacking management/owners; people assuming the absolute worst of everybody else; and, my absolute favourite - people moaning about not being able to bring food in to the arena again (who needs income to run a business anyway!).

Honestly, we make the rod for our own back. We are hugely successful with dedicated owners and management, enjoying some of the best hockey the British Isles have ever seen, but we just can’t help but moan.

No, the fact I still have a ticket from a game I went to watch in 1997 doesn’t make me any more important than someone who has only been to one game.

The fact that tickets were available directly from the Devils is a vast improvement on dealing with the NIC. How many times have other sports done exactly that, with people queuing from silly o’clock?

Unfortunately some people will lose out whatever. You might have terrible internet, or be allergic to phones, who knows. The Devils are a club, but a professional one, and they approach things in the best way possible. This time might be your turn, and if you want to guarantee that never happens - make the Calgary Four an offer.

Mazzoak

Mega Sunday..........

No matter how much their well intentioned ideas, hard work etc etc are, it will always be spoilt by a severe lack of thought. Sometimes it’s good to hold off, think, hopefully conclude that a continuation will cause a train wreck, again.
Playoff tickets are a lottery, you’ll never ever ever be able to satisfy all fans, stop trying too, you’ll certainly not be thanked for it.
As for Steve and the owner group, we all appreciate the approach you’ve taken, but let’s not make vailed threats to fans, the club existed long before you guys and will long after.

OJLloyd

Mega Sunday..........

No matter how much their well intentioned ideas, hard work etc etc are, it will always be spoilt by a severe lack of thought. Sometimes it’s good to hold off, think, hopefully conclude that a continuation will cause a train wreck, again.
Playoff tickets are a lottery, you’ll never ever ever be able to satisfy all fans, stop trying too, you’ll certainly not be thanked for it.
As for Steve and the owner group, we all appreciate the approach you’ve taken, but let’s not make vailed threats to fans, the club existed long before you guys and will long after.
This is some epic nonsense. I sincerely hope you rethink this. He didn’t make any veiled threats. You clearly have though, and you’ve made yourself look pathetic at the same time.

Mazzoak

This is some epic nonsense. I sincerely hope you rethink this. He didn’t make any veiled threats. You clearly have though, and you’ve made yourself look pathetic at the same time.
The whole debacle is some epic nonsense. He certainly did make threats, playing fans off against each other, let’s face it at the moment fans are making it easy.

OJLloyd

The other only people who deserve our ire and frustration are the EIHL and NIC for failing to appreciate the trend of Devils fans turning up en mass to POFW, and often taking a number of seats in other blocks.
They have allowed us 700 or so seats, when realistically we should get at least 1000.
Not Todd, or Steve, or anyone at the arena.

Devil_Abroad

So I’ve just got back home from a business trip and have read many comments on here that I’m incredibly disappointed in. I haven’t spoken to Todd about this so I have no idea about it other than what I’ve read here. Here are some initial thoughts: the logic of odds going down for online buyers is completely flawed. You are not considering that the people who bought then in Cardiff are no longer competing with you online. Your odds should stay EXACTLY the same. Secondly, why do you assume that the online seats will be the worst ones? Seems like typical online oversensationalizing which is unfair. Finally, for all of you calling me, Todd and the organization out and saying you’ll take your business elsewhere, I can’t even begin to describe how disappointed I am in those comments. We put an incredible amount of time into trying to make the Devils the best organization in hockey for our fans. I would say we’ve done a pretty decent job. So yes, all of you do have a choice in where you will spend your hard earned money and I fully respect that. As owners, we will also make decisions on where to spend our time and money based on the support of our fans. I, for one, certainly hope that this incredible bond and Devils family that has been created continues on for a long long time.
Steve, thanks for replying.

The odds are worse. Please don’t try and pretend they are not

If Todd wanted to favour those fans able to get to the rink and queue hours before the selling time then announce it before the EIHL announce the POFW hockey dates so we can work out whether we’re able to get to the rink and if not whether we’re happy to go for bigger risk of 1 in 200.

I know someone who queued for 4 hours and was told they’re now sold out. So he has to queue again on the 4th with less chance of getting a ticket?

Many of us tweeted how unfair this proposed change was and yet he still went for it

I love the game. I’ve travelled everywhere following the Devils. Yes, it’s how we’ve chosen to spend our spare cash. Yes, our choice going forward too.

Right now it feels like he’s kicked us in the teeth and walked away smiling at all that money raised in a few hours.

The long drive to Nottingham, witnessing the awful hit taken by Mosey, the even longer drive to Fife to find the game cancelled due to ferry cancellations, still hasn’t dulled the disappointment at the decision taken on Friday.

Maybe a long summer might, maybe not.

Devil_Abroad

Dear Kevlar68, No it was merely a passing comment as an illustration not a mathematical equation. Though it doesn’t surprise me you are being so pedantic to pick on that and completely miss the point.

Unless of course I’m completely missing your point and you’re suggesting that all 3088 attendees to a home Devils game should be entitled to tickets and take up approx 30% of the rink at POFW?

In case you’ve still not got the point let me spell it out clearly for you. There are only 700 seats allocated. There will be a number of us Devils fans that miss out. Please feel free to insert whatever number makes you happy of disappointed fans that applies to.

It’s really not the end of the world. If you miss out on POFW and it upsets you that much perhaps your priorities aren’t right.

I’d love to go. Can’t commit to it at the moment due to other commitments so I’ll have to leave it to nearer the time. If I miss out so what. Life still goes on.
You really don’t understand the problem

Your post is also demeaning and nasty in tone

What’s been done is totally unfair and if you can’t see that then there’s no point in having the conversation.

Mazzoak

Absolutely agree, unfortunately having a small rink capacity is the measure of allocation as opposed to fan dedication.
I have no issue with Todd or Steve or anyone at the Arena. My issue is the lack of knowledge in predicting the outcome of situations that are blindingly obvious.
Personally a statement saying this is a possibility this yr and next, due to the short notice and issues we’ve decided not to proceed with it this yr. The booking fee also seems excessive since it’s meant to be the cost involved in processing, high processing fees shouldn’t be passed onto clients, that’s my personal opinion, if my costs are high that’s not my clients fault.

pjj365

Ticket allocation when there is a drought is always unfair however it is carried out. It is unfair to open the phone lines when people can't get to a phone or on-line because they are working ( and that's an all club annual response).

As to the odds. I am no mathematician but I do know competition for tickets is now reduced by 500 so things should be better albeit there are similarly fewer tickets available. Maybe the odds remain the same.

On the service charge it does seem excessive but I do expect to pay a premium for a non standard service.

pjj365

If demand for Playoffs tickets are so high maybe they need to start looking at bigger venues.
There are nearly always last minute tickets available so size is not necessarily issue. Even so, not sure there's an ice ready venue that's bigger and sensibly located

Ticket/block allocation is an issue but how you sort this out before you know how the league will end up and then who qualifies is a perennial topic of debate

Haven't commented previously on this topic but just something that I've wanted to say. Any organisation in any sphere of life has to make decisions, how they go about this will vary as will the reaction to them. It will never suit everyone, but if decisions are based on the perceived best interests of the organisation & those involved e.g. fans, then that has to count for something. Lessons can always be learnt as to how to do thigs better, key to improving. We are the envy of the EIHL, the model that other clubs aspire to (have you seen Jono Bullard's latest periscope?) but we will not get it right for all everytime. Since the 'new era' I have never once questioned the motivations of our owners, Todd or Lordo as I clearly remember how close we came to having nothing. Every time I have a little grumble to myself, that thought haunts me. I understand that feelings can run high, I'm still tamping about what happened to Mosey last night. So lets get to play offs & win!

The person in front of me bought the last two tickets...

I appreciate early bird gets the worm but no idea why they couldn't have assigned people a position in the queue and given them a slip with the amount of tickets required on it, thus guaranteeing them the tickets...

Could have been very easily done, would have saved me and many others a few hours of my Sunday morning, not too annoyed by it though, we will all get our tickets...