POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

Earnie

Then there will be those who turn up at the Viola Arena and still don't get a ticket! Hey, management can't win on this one. Someone will always not be happy. Some more than others - I shall mention no names!
Good idea but circumstances led to very short notice.

If we are in the corners at Nottingham we need three blocks allocated.
In olden days we used to do it 'in house'.
The answer probably lies with Nottingham Arena updating their system and maybe having a Cardiff Only day or two as they do with Steelers and Panthers.

davew

Sheffield and Nottingham have the largest allocation because of their proximity to the arena - but by filling their allocation first, the arena make it difficult to jiggle the other teams allocations in the case of a lesser team performing well during the season.

One answer that the board should look at, together with reinstating the play-off group games (and maybe work this into a memorial cup style weekend competition) and a return to the clubs doing their own bookings as we had done for many years, is to not allow the big two to sell their allocation until numbers are known about the other teams sales. (4 blocks for nott. and 3/4 for shef maybe excessive if they are less likely to qualify).

As fas as this year, Todd, should have realised that a combination of short notice and no home game this weekend would cause upset. That puts a dampner on what should be a defining weekend of hockey for the title race.

SteveKing

So I’ve just got back home from a business trip and have read many comments on here that I’m incredibly disappointed in. I haven’t spoken to Todd about this so I have no idea about it other than what I’ve read here. Here are some initial thoughts: the logic of odds going down for online buyers is completely flawed. You are not considering that the people who bought then in Cardiff are no longer competing with you online. Your odds should stay EXACTLY the same. Secondly, why do you assume that the online seats will be the worst ones? Seems like typical online oversensationalizing which is unfair. Finally, for all of you calling me, Todd and the organization out and saying you’ll take your business elsewhere, I can’t even begin to describe how disappointed I am in those comments. We put an incredible amount of time into trying to make the Devils the best organization in hockey for our fans. I would say we’ve done a pretty decent job. So yes, all of you do have a choice in where you will spend your hard earned money and I fully respect that. As owners, we will also make decisions on where to spend our time and money based on the support of our fans. I, for one, certainly hope that this incredible bond and Devils family that has been created continues on for a long long time.

Milky

I really find the sense of entitlement from many Devils fans unbearable a lot of the time.

Constant moaning and whining. You genuinely don’t realise how pathetic some of you sound.

Simple bit of maths; 700 tickets allocated, we have over 1000 season ticket holders. Some of us will miss out. Big deal. It’s not the end of the world so get a life.

Here’s a prediction; I bet you’ll find a ticket somewhere else in the rink when our allocation runs out.

If you’re not happy with the way the Devils are run, then do take your money elsewhere.... please. It’s boring to hear all of the ‘I’m not going to renew my season ticket if this or that happens’.

I’m embarrassed our owners and management have to deal with and read some of the rubbish that gets posted and said.

Milky

So I’ve just got back home from a business trip and have read many comments on here that I’m incredibly disappointed in. I haven’t spoken to Todd about this so I have no idea about it other than what I’ve read here. Here are some initial thoughts: the logic of odds going down for online buyers is completely flawed. You are not considering that the people who bought then in Cardiff are no longer competing with you online. Your odds should stay EXACTLY the same. Secondly, why do you assume that the online seats will be the worst ones? Seems like typical online oversensationalizing which is unfair. Finally, for all of you calling me, Todd and the organization out and saying you’ll take your business elsewhere, I can’t even begin to describe how disappointed I am in those comments. We put an incredible amount of time into trying to make the Devils the best organization in hockey for our fans. I would say we’ve done a pretty decent job. So yes, all of you do have a choice in where you will spend your hard earned money and I fully respect that. As owners, we will also make decisions on where to spend our time and money based on the support of our fans. I, for one, certainly hope that this incredible bond and Devils family that has been created continues on for a long long time.
Apologies to you and the rest of the owners. The vociferous minority do not represent the views and the opinions of the vast majority (I’m sure you’ll see it’s the same people all the time).

Unfortunately social media and forums give people an unfiltered platform to air their views.

Kevlar68

Dear Milky, are there only season ticket holders allowed to be in your mathematic equation? If that's the case you say "over 1000 season ticket holders" the capacity it says is 3088 which in rough working out means there are more game ticket purchasers than season ticket holders. Do only season ticket holders matter in your brain?

Hedd Wyn John

No apologies necessary. I totally understand the pros and cons of forums and social media. Doesn’t mean that I don’t get pissed off from time to time though! Let’s play some hockey.
Just like to say that a big screen was set up last year in the IAW for fans without tickets to watch the Playoffs and it was great. Hope it’s done again this year. Excellent atmosphere and fun had by everyone.

Milky

Dear Milky, are there only season ticket holders allowed to be in your mathematic equation? If that's the case you say "over 1000 season ticket holders" the capacity it says is 3088 which in rough working out means there are more game ticket purchasers than season ticket holders. Do only season ticket holders matter in your brain?
Dear Kevlar68, No it was merely a passing comment as an illustration not a mathematical equation. Though it doesn’t surprise me you are being so pedantic to pick on that and completely miss the point.

Unless of course I’m completely missing your point and you’re suggesting that all 3088 attendees to a home Devils game should be entitled to tickets and take up approx 30% of the rink at POFW?

In case you’ve still not got the point let me spell it out clearly for you. There are only 700 seats allocated. There will be a number of us Devils fans that miss out. Please feel free to insert whatever number makes you happy of disappointed fans that applies to.

It’s really not the end of the world. If you miss out on POFW and it upsets you that much perhaps your priorities aren’t right.

I’d love to go. Can’t commit to it at the moment due to other commitments so I’ll have to leave it to nearer the time. If I miss out so what. Life still goes on.

BostonBart22

Just like to say that a big screen was set up last year in the IAW for fans without tickets to watch the Playoffs and it was great. Hope it’s done again this year. Excellent atmosphere and fun had by everyone.
After all clubs have sold their allocation it will be announced coverage of semis and final will be televised on freesports..hopefully

This is what puzzles me with every Devils fans outrage (4pm fo, Faryna leaving, a bad performance, new food). How often do the management have to prove that they’re trying to do the best thing for fans before ppl stop jumping to the worst possible interpretation every time? (Answer - they can never demonstrate that for some who simply delight in being angry, more than they do hockey).

I’m not saying the management always get it right (dogs on ice anyone ), but it comes from a genuine position of trying to do the best for the fans.

I’m sat in the rink at 7.45 on a Sunday morning after getting back at 2am last night from the Nottingham game. I’d rather not be but I don’t assume it’s bexause Todd or Steve or whoever are doing it so they can invest my £5 booking scheme in the buying of a new Mercedes (I expect Steve can afford something above an old banger after all).

They had late notice, they thought it would be helpful. I expect it’ll be done differently next year. But I’m over the age of 8 so don’t feel the need to stamp my feet in a tantrum and I understand this is how the world works sometimes - ppl try things from the best intentions, and maybe it doesn’t work out as neatly as they hoped.

Massive sigh at the overwrought emotions on here

pjj365

You'll be pleased to know that there was no whinging or moaning this morning - even amongst those queuing from midnight or having just got off the Nottingham bus. Believe it or not those of us who rocked up late (6am) were not complaining about the advantage gained by those ahead of us the queue.

Rest assured there are plenty of grownups supporting the Devils