POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters
With regards to the 12 tickets per person, that's set by the arena. The devil's probably have to do the same because limiting tickets to 4 per person isn't allowed most probably

BostonBart22

On a serious note.....

Whatever system the club uses is not going to keep everyone happy. But some of the reaction on here is ridiculous. Calling people selfish for choosing a system which benefits them instead of a system that benefits themselves, isn’t that a bit hypocritical.

Too many people seem to think they were probably guaranteed a ticket via the previous system and now they probably won’t.
Overall the odds of getting a ticket have barely changed. There are still 700 tickets available. If all 500 sell on Sunday then that means there are 500 less people trying the phone lines and online queues in Feb. So it should speed that process up.

12 tickets per person might sound ridiculous but that’s the NIC/EIHL decision not the Devils. If the club had changed that figure they’d have faced criticism from those who always buy in big numbers for their group of friends/family together.

And if the extra £2500 means the club can keep its budget for next season then good. I would rather that £2500 that Cardiff fans are spending goes to the club instead of the NIC.

And before anyone claims I’m biased or being selfish, I won’t be buying tickets either way.
Maybe the admin fee will go a long way towards season tkts not increasing next season...

matbur

The Devils are selling the tickets on their terms - of course they can reduce amount available per person. There's no reason why they couldn't. For me, that's the most frustrating thing about this situation.

The Devils are selling the tickets on their terms - of course they reduce amount available per person. There's no reason why they couldn't. For me, that's the most frustrating thing about this situation.
What if Nottingham allowed them to sell the tickets on the basis they have to follow their terms?? I'm not saying that's the case but would it be surprising if it was?

They are already adding on a booking fee. They can do what they like. Nottingham would have no reason to insist on that.
I don't agree with the booking fee, that's almost separate to the tickets as the devil's say it's covering internal costs! We're all speculating to what they can/can't do but I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they had to offer 12 as is the case by Nottingham. I've just seen on Twitter that the Sheffield supporters club is giving people first dibs on tickets before they go on sale, at least with the devil's it's a free for all

Devil_Abroad

Did you?
I know the dates for the playoffs were either released months ago, but I wasn’t aware any further information was released that long ago?
Have you still got the url to the PR where it explained the sale process for the playoffs, when they were going on sale and how much they’d be?
Thanks
If they were going to change the sale process then surely they would have released it at the time the Playoff dates were released. As they did not then the sale process would be the same as last year, fair to everyone, and if you want to take the chance you book your hotel at that time before they are all sold out.

As they didn’t this must be a recent proposal. Maybe a few inside Devils fans moaned recently about the possibility of not getting tickets due to the lottery and the ownership then changed the process.

Nice try though.

Devil_Abroad

On a serious note.....

Whatever system the club uses is not going to keep everyone happy. But some of the reaction on here is ridiculous. Calling people selfish for choosing a system which benefits them instead of a system that benefits themselves, isn’t that a bit hypocritical.

Too many people seem to think they were probably guaranteed a ticket via the previous system and now they probably won’t.
Overall the odds of getting a ticket have barely changed. There are still 700 tickets available. If all 500 sell on Sunday then that means there are 500 less people trying the phone lines and online queues in Feb. So it should speed that process up.

12 tickets per person might sound ridiculous but that’s the NIC/EIHL decision not the Devils. If the club had changed that figure they’d have faced criticism from those who always buy in big numbers for their group of friends/family together.

And if the extra £2500 means the club can keep its budget for next season then good. I would rather that £2500 that Cardiff fans are spending goes to the club instead of the NIC.

And before anyone claims I’m biased or being selfish, I won’t be buying tickets either way.
The system changed this week. What are you not understanding?

Devil_Abroad

On a serious note.....

You still don’t get it do you?

Before this week the process was the same as every year. Everyone had the same chance of getting a ticket.

Now, for those that can’t get to the arena those chances have diminished from 1 in 700, to 1 in 200.

Really can’t make it simpler.

Maybe this is how the ownership think too because to argue the case they do think of the fans by changing it is beyond.

Devil_Abroad

Honestly you do sound like a spoilt brat, you're calling people selfish because they can get tickets, would it not be selfish of you to deny them that chance? I sympathise with you but wow what an over reaction
Selfish is thinking there’s nothing wrong with changing the process that restricts the tickets to those able to get to the arena and queue and excluding those that can’t.

Think that’s a simple thing to understand?

Devil_Abroad

I don't agree with the booking fee, that's almost separate to the tickets as the devil's say it's covering internal costs! We're all speculating to what they can/can't do but I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they had to offer 12 as is the case by Nottingham. I've just seen on Twitter that the Sheffield supporters club is giving people first dibs on tickets before they go on sale, at least with the devil's it's a free for all
But it isn’t a free for all is it. You have to be able to get to the arena.

Diafol

The 12 tickets per person thing is what gets me, like a lot of others, but I suspect that's the NIC's rule and nothing to do with the Devils.
I would imagine they've just been granted access to the booking website early, same as the Panthers and Steelers.
I live an hour away from the rink but I accept I'll now have to get up early tomorrow. Not ideal for me by any means, especially on a Sunday when I have plans later in the day, but it is what it is.

kingmo19.1

To summarise this mess:-

Good idea but it should have been announced for next season Playoffs and then given everyone 2-3 weeks notice it was going to happen.

This short notice money-steal stinks on so many levels. Let’s be brutally honest it is a money steal and unfair.

12 tickets each - totally ridiculous.
£5 fee - totally ridiculous.
2 days notice - totally ridiculous.
7pm away game the night before - totally ridiculous.

What about disabled fans - are they expected to queue up? What if it’s raining? What about those that are working?

Shame the club I adored now seems to be nothing more than a corporate money making machine:-

Ticket prices up this season.
Beer prices up this season.
Personal searches for food and drink on entering the arena.
And now this on top!

Disgraceful.

I hope they are intending to donate a decent chunk of that £2,500.00 windfall to the Juniors ? Wouldn’t be right to pocket it all Todd!

Last edited:

Finny

You still don’t get it do you?

Before this week the process was the same as every year. Everyone had the same chance of getting a ticket.

Now, for those that can’t get to the arena those chances have diminished from 1 in 700, to 1 in 200.

Really can’t make it simpler.

Maybe this is how the ownership think too because to argue the case they do think of the fans by changing it is beyond.
Every year since when? The last time I got tickets you put your name down midway through the season and the supporters club sorted it all out. Yes this was quite a while ago but that was the way for years and years. Certainly the majority of years this club has existed. It was only changed after another EIHL club took the money and didn’t pass it on to the club.

Selfish is thinking there’s nothing wrong with changing the process that restricts the tickets to those able to get to the arena and queue and excluding those that can’t.

Think that’s a simple thing to understand?
Look I don't agree with how it has been done, I live in Swansea so it's an hour for me to go get tickets, if I was further afield then yes I wouldn't go. Maybe the simple solution is for devil's to take requests over the phone. However the massive over reaction is insane in my opinion. People saying it's all about money for them, last I knew all the money went back into the club for new signings etc, the owners aren't in this for the money! Someone correct me if I'm wrong but one year when they made profit did they donate it to a Cardiff charity?? I could be making that up but I'm sure that was the case.
That's my gripe in all of this, people saying Todd should pay for their hotels? What if you didn't get a ticket when they all went on sale at Nottingham? Should Todd then pay for the hotel? It's just so childish

When fans moved from bbt to viola they were in a queueing order to pick their seats... Just a thought couldn't the hierarchy have the same system for the pofw tickets with the same numbers fans had when picking seats.. Hope this makes sense..
That never worked either, friends with queueing order numbers 2 or 3 hundred numbers more than mine had picked there seats before my allotted time, it's who you know.

Sheincar

Selfish.

That’s the word I’ve been searching for these past few hours. All those thinking this is a good idea are thinking about themselves as there’s more chance they can get tickets.

Selfish.
Just like those who voted for 4pm FO then. Suits their lifestyle even if it doesn't suit mine,. I just have to live with it though.