POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

Hedd Wyn John

My vote - NO.

1) too short notice.
2) it's an away double header weekend so a large cohort of 'die hard' fans will be travelling.
3) it's an away double header weekend so fans have no reason to go to the rink on a Sunday.
4) It's at 10AM on a Sunday morning. (i'm normally in church (ha!) but some of you may be hungover/sleeping....)
5) (personal reason) it's a 60 mile round trip for me to get there and back, waste of a journey when they can be booked seamlessly online.

I have no issue with the idea - so can't blame them for putting it out to vote, but it's definitely too late to implement a major change like this when i'm fairly sure all fans attending already have travel arrangements & hotels booked.

If this does get implemented - who's up for taking over block 18 next door? (Milton Keynes)
I initially voted yes but after the points you made would switch my vote.

matbur

Also, just because you travel far, or pay for more tickets, have a ST, or supported the team for longer doesn’t make you any more entitled than anyone else
I disagree, of cause it should make you more entitled. If you are paying more to follow the team you should absolutely have a fair advantage in terms of a priority for sought after tickets.

If you live further away or have supported the team for X amount of years then that in itself shouldn't give you an entitlement, I agree, but if you have been to a number of away games and/or hold a season ticket, you should definitely have a greater chance of purchasing tickets.

Check any other pro sports team - that's exactly how it works!

If the Devils learn two things from this it's:

a) they should do something about encouraging touting/black market resales (i.e. reducing max tickets per person from 12).

b) A points system is needed to offer a greater chance to those who attend away games and season ticket holders.

This is a successful team which has taken big steps forward in recent years on and off the ice. The fanbase is growing, the Devils need to adjust accordingly with their ticketing policies.

Last edited:

august04

More important things in life than a tin pot 4 game tournament cash cow to the EIHL.
Totally agree about the playoffs. People may enjoy a good weekend piss up but it’s a farce of a competition, designed to fleece fans even more and line the pockets of greedy EIHL clubs. I’d much rather that all fans made a stand against super inflated prices for everything and didn’t attend, then they might re-design the play offs into a more meaningful competition in line with the rest of the hockey world.

Devil_Abroad

Hello pjj365,

Your message seems like a deliberately jokey reply, so I expect you're not meaning to sound so confrontational but I'll try to answer, anyway.

I posted something along those lines. I would have expected to secure tickets through from the Nottingham website. That is based on never having been unable to do so in years where that was the only method of buying tickets. With that experience, I don't regard last year's system as a "lottery". However, with 500 of the tickets being sold on a day when I cannot get to Cardiff, it may be that my chances of securing tickets from the website will be impacted adversely.

I suggested people might want to ask Mr Kelman if he would reimburse the cost of hotels if they failed to secure tickets under this change to the previous ticketing system because I know how much he values the Devils' supporters. I do not know whether Mr Kelman would be able to reimburse people's costs, and I would not propose to ask him to refund mine, if I am unable to buy tickets from the website.

I have faith in Mr Kelman to continue working hard to improve the club and to make things better for its supporters. I hope other people would share my view.

Regards.
I’ve had a night to sleep on this and though my anger has now passed thankfully, my feelings of being abandoned by the club has not.

I believed Todd Kelman to be an amazing GM (and part owner), an ex player he seemed to get what hockey is all about. Putting aside the ownership’s money being invested he always seemed to listen to the view of those spending their own money on his product. That above all else is a sign of a good GM. I was onboard.

This fiasco has shown that he no longer cares about those fans that spend good money to make his company successful. So many on Twitter pointed out the unfairness of this silly idea and yet he still went for it. Does make you wonder who from within the club pushed for it and their agenda.

No longer does it feel like a club to me; feels like any other business, uncaring and chasing the money.

Maybe time for me to pick up my golf clubs again.

Devil_Abroad

I voted for Sunday and will be queuing up for tickets. 12 tickets is the limit set by Nottingham arena and is, I guess, why Todd is saying this to us. However just because I could buy 12 tickets is no reason to assume that I and everyone else in the queue will do the same. Those of us who buy on Sunday will clearly not be competing with you on 4 Feb. Have had horrendous experiences trying to buy in recent years, hanging on the phone for ages and incurring large phone bills. Have never paid up front for hotel and never will.
Have previously suggested each club should have set days when only their tickets are on sale but clearly not an option.
Selfish.

That’s the word I’ve been searching for these past few hours. All those thinking this is a good idea are thinking about themselves as there’s more chance they can get tickets.

Selfish.

Devil_Abroad

travelling to the away games to support the team this weekend. that'll teach me for backing the boys :rolleyes::rolleyes: So you’re expected to go to Nottingham come home get tickets and go away again said:

Cancel that bus ticket or car journey, and grab a plain ticket if you want to make the face off lol

What an own goal Owners!

Devil_Abroad

Love controversy like this. Keeps the inferno interesting when we’re playing well. But seriously, calling out Steve King on here and demanding answers is a bit over dramatic, be careful what you wish for he may stop posting here one day - which would be a great shame. Also, just because you travel far, or pay for more tickets, have a ST, or supported the team for longer doesn’t make you any more entitled than anyone else - mentioning it just makes you like like a spoilt brat especially threatening to never watching the Devils again.

Has anyone ever struggled to get a play off ticket? I haven’t. And always make a last minute decision to go up and have always gotten a ticket easily. Whether you order them over the phone or turn up Sunday, the same amount of fans will still want to go and you will inevitably get your ticket. It just means that as many fans as possible are saved the drama of the Motorpoints crap ticketing system. I genuinely couldn’t care less about how the tickets are done, I might go up, I might not. More important things in life than a tin pot 4 game tournament cash cow to the EIHL.
Harsh. That’s not very kind.

So I’m a spoilt brat?

Not only is this totally unfair and a bizarre decision by the club it’s also setting fan against fan

Way to go

Trust. They have lost my trust.

Mind you, your final couple of comments explains why you don’t the anger. You don’t care.

Devil_Abroad

I have booked accommodation well in advance of getting a ticket for years .....Are you seriously saying if Cardiff said next season we can sell tickets end of Jan you would wait to book accomodation? At best you leave yourself paying high prices at worst nothing to be had !

Just because it may not suit individuals doesn’t make it a bad idea ...I have spent enough to buy and own a tropical island watching Devils for over 30 years but I accept I have to take my chance like everyone else
Please read my comments again. Don’t think you’ve understood it.

Devil_Abroad

It’s a tough one this one. From a personal perspective it’s a total disaster for me as I’m one of the guys who spends most of my Cardiff Devils dollars on away games due to where I live and like Drainage said over 30 + years of season tickets and following the Devils I could have bought a small island. Whilst I’d love it to give me more rights than others, it doesn’t and nor could it ever. It’s a tough one to swallow.
This decision doesn’t suit me at all but then again this is about a club willing to try something different - 4pm face offs as an example that do work for me. Can’t fault the clubs ambition and drive to get things right and try different things.
I’ll get my tickets somehow even if it means I’m sat in a different block as I’ll phone up in Feb to get them.
Disappointed but understanding of what the club is trying to do.
Agree. But try it next year. Don’t announce it days in advance with fans already having planned going months before, and others choosing to support your team in Nottingham and Fife.

CaldicotDevil

I
I’ve had a night to sleep on this and though my anger has now passed thankfully, my feelings of being abandoned by the club has not.

I believed Todd Kelman to be an amazing GM (and part owner), an ex player he seemed to get what hockey is all about. Putting aside the ownership’s money being invested he always seemed to listen to the view of those spending their own money on his product. That above all else is a sign of a good GM. I was onboard.

This fiasco has shown that he no longer cares about those fans that spend good money to make his company successful. So many on Twitter pointed out the unfairness of this silly idea and yet he still went for it. Does make you wonder who from within the club pushed for it and their agenda.

No longer does it feel like a club to me; feels like any other business, uncaring and chasing the money.

Maybe time for me to pick up my golf clubs again.
I agree with you, IMO to upset the core fan base like this for £2500 is madness. However to say Todd doesn’t care is wrong.

The clubs on a massive high at the minute. Both on and off the ice. The teams the strongest we’ve ever had, commercially we keep attracting sponsors and the way the clubs run is the envy of the other 10 EIHL sides. You don’t get to where we are with a GM that doesn’t care.

He’s going to make mistakes, he’s human. However I’m proud we have a GM who try’s new things and thinks outside the box. It’s why we keep progressing as a club.

This has the potential to be a good idea, however is been poorly executed.

Finny

I paid for my hotel months in advance believing that I had the same chance as everyone else of getting hold of tickets out of an allocation of 700 on 4th Feb through the Nottingham box office sales as per usual.
Did you?
I know the dates for the playoffs were either released months ago, but I wasn’t aware any further information was released that long ago?
Have you still got the url to the PR where it explained the sale process for the playoffs, when they were going on sale and how much they’d be?
Thanks

Finny

On a serious note.....

Whatever system the club uses is not going to keep everyone happy. But some of the reaction on here is ridiculous. Calling people selfish for choosing a system which benefits them instead of a system that benefits themselves, isn’t that a bit hypocritical.

Too many people seem to think they were probably guaranteed a ticket via the previous system and now they probably won’t.
Overall the odds of getting a ticket have barely changed. There are still 700 tickets available. If all 500 sell on Sunday then that means there are 500 less people trying the phone lines and online queues in Feb. So it should speed that process up.

12 tickets per person might sound ridiculous but that’s the NIC/EIHL decision not the Devils. If the club had changed that figure they’d have faced criticism from those who always buy in big numbers for their group of friends/family together.

And if the extra £2500 means the club can keep its budget for next season then good. I would rather that £2500 that Cardiff fans are spending goes to the club instead of the NIC.

And before anyone claims I’m biased or being selfish, I won’t be buying tickets either way.

fdlf666

Totally disgusting move. What a load of b............
Short notice. Just found out about this now, as I am not tied to the devils website, twatter, or, the internet 24/7 as mr kelman assumes I am.
Also in regards to an admin charge, this is already included in the price of the ticket, are we being fleeced for an extra £5 a ticket.
The Cardiff Devils Club, Management and the Owners (if they let this go ahead) are showing a TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT TO THE CLUB’S SUPPORTERS whether Season Ticket Holders or otherwise.

hip check

12 tickets per person is crazy imo, my daughter, partner and myself are all s/t holders but why would we need 36 tickets between us?

4 max p/p is ample surely?
I haven't got a problem with the idea of selling tickets in this fashion as most people living a distance away would probably know someone who lives local and could queue for their tickets as well as their own.
It suits some but not others but if people really want tickets there are ways to get them via this method.

On a serious note.....

Whatever system the club uses is not going to keep everyone happy. But some of the reaction on here is ridiculous. Calling people selfish for choosing a system which benefits them instead of a system that benefits themselves, isn’t that a bit hypocritical.

Too many people seem to think they were probably guaranteed a ticket via the previous system and now they probably won’t.
Overall the odds of getting a ticket have barely changed. There are still 700 tickets available. If all 500 sell on Sunday then that means there are 500 less people trying the phone lines and online queues in Feb. So it should speed that process up.

12 tickets per person might sound ridiculous but that’s the NIC/EIHL decision not the Devils. If the club had changed that figure they’d have faced criticism from those who always buy in big numbers for their group of friends/family together.

And if the extra £2500 means the club can keep its budget for next season then good. I would rather that £2500 that Cardiff fans are spending goes to the club instead of the NIC.

And before anyone claims I’m biased or being selfish, I won’t be buying tickets either way.

Harsh. That’s not very kind.

So I’m a spoilt brat?

Not only is this totally unfair and a bizarre decision by the club it’s also setting fan against fan

Way to go

Trust. They have lost my trust.

Mind you, your final couple of comments explains why you don’t the anger. You don’t care.
Honestly you do sound like a spoilt brat, you're calling people selfish because they can get tickets, would it not be selfish of you to deny them that chance? I sympathise with you but wow what an over reaction