POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

pjj365

Can someone please explain why hotel bookings are impacted by this initiative

It's a lottery one-way or another.

So one misses out on tickets through the 3rd Feb mad scramble or one misses out through this approach.

To asK TK for a refund when tickets were never guaranteed in the first place is just nonsense

Can someone please explain why hotel bookings are impacted by this initiative

It's a lottery one-way or another.

So one misses out on tickets through the 3rd Feb mad scramble or one misses out through this approach.

To asK TK for a refund when tickets were never guaranteed in the first place is just nonsense
I paid for my hotel months in advance believing that I had the same chance as everyone else of getting hold of tickets out of an allocation of 700 on 4th Feb through the Nottingham box office sales as per usual.

Now, as I can’t make this last minute arrangement to queue for hours on a Sunday morning, based on the views of just some of the fan base in a social media poll that lasted just a few hours, I now only have an allocation of 200 that I’ve a chance of getting tickets from.

Yes, it’s a lottery either way, but my original odds were better, and if I’d failed to get them that way then I would have considered it fair and would have no complaints.

Kevlar68

It's not a lottery one way or another, it's completely different.
If 1000 wanted one of 700 tickets via 4th Feb box office they have a better chance than a que in the cold outside a arena.
Quite a few who go are retired or disabled are they expected to wait 3-4 hours outside in the cold maybe rain until doors open then que in a cold arena? No thought for this.
When it's all phone or internet bookings everyone has a equal chance without having to leave their home.
one final thought if there are 500 in que on Sunday and first 41 buy 12 tickets each that leaves 8 tickets and 459 angry fans.

Last edited:

august04

I’m sure this decision was already made with or without a Twitter poll. The club moved the goalposts on 4pm faceoffs too after saying they wouldn’t change anything without consulting season ticket holders. Devils fans, just do as your told and cough up your £5 ticket fees.

Hello pjj365,

Your message seems like a deliberately jokey reply, so I expect you're not meaning to sound so confrontational but I'll try to answer, anyway.

I posted something along those lines. I would have expected to secure tickets through from the Nottingham website. That is based on never having been unable to do so in years where that was the only method of buying tickets. With that experience, I don't regard last year's system as a "lottery". However, with 500 of the tickets being sold on a day when I cannot get to Cardiff, it may be that my chances of securing tickets from the website will be impacted adversely.

I suggested people might want to ask Mr Kelman if he would reimburse the cost of hotels if they failed to secure tickets under this change to the previous ticketing system because I know how much he values the Devils' supporters. I do not know whether Mr Kelman would be able to reimburse people's costs, and I would not propose to ask him to refund mine, if I am unable to buy tickets from the website.

I have faith in Mr Kelman to continue working hard to improve the club and to make things better for its supporters. I hope other people would share my view.

Regards.

matbur

Whatever your stance, he ain't paying your hotel bill. We've paid deposit but not full amount so won't lose full cost.

Devils staff need to get their heads together and figure out some sort of points scheme for season ticket holders and away travel to allow a fair advantage to those who should go. It's all very random right now and this sudden change of plan to release tickets early at short notice and the fact people will be buying to re-sell (presumably to highest bidder) just leaves a bad taste.

d20

I think the 12 tickets is a bit much and like someone said with all the game crew people aroud they will all have tickets I'm sure people will miss out on Sunday I can get there but don't bank on being lucky

BUT don't forget Sheffield are next to us if they don't make it that block will fill up with Devils and to the other side is Milton Keynes so we will get the overspill ,last year I ended up with them and some others with us were in with the flames ,fife and clan either way as long as I get tickets somewhere I'll be happy i love the weekend .

I'm sure come next season it will all be put in place let's not all be rash cos the fans that want to go will usually go plenty talk about it but don't go and don't want to fork out without knowing we are actually there and wait until the week before once we've qualified.

Seeing as they seem to just ask the fans over twitter about what to do and take the consensus of like 500 people..... Can we pick the signings through a Twitter poll now Todd ??

pjj365

Whatever your stance, he ain't paying your hotel bill. We've paid deposit but not full amount so won't lose full cost.

Devils staff need to get their heads together and figure out some sort of points scheme for season ticket holders and away travel to allow a fair advantage to those who should go. It's all very random right now and this sudden change of plan to release tickets early at short notice and the fact people will be buying to re-sell (presumably to highest bidder) just leaves a bad taste.
I would agree with this and just hope this year is not the start of a black market

Having said that it has always been random
Hello pjj365,

Your message seems like a deliberately jokey reply, so I expect you're not meaning to sound so confrontational but I'll try to answer, anyway.

I posted something along those lines. I would have expected to secure tickets through from the Nottingham website. That is based on never having been unable to do so in years where that was the only method of buying tickets. With that experience, I don't regard last year's system as a "lottery". However, with 500 of the tickets being sold on a day when I cannot get to Cardiff, it may be that my chances of securing tickets from the website will be impacted adversely.

I suggested people might want to ask Mr Kelman if he would reimburse the cost of hotels if they failed to secure tickets under this change to the previous ticketing system because I know how much he values the Devils' supporters. I do not know whether Mr Kelman would be able to reimburse people's costs, and I would not propose to ask him to refund mine, if I am unable to buy tickets from the website.

I have faith in Mr Kelman to continue working hard to improve the club and to make things better for its supporters. I hope other people would share my view.

Regards.
It wasn't strictly jocking as I know people who have failed to get tickets in the past - it was not though meant to be confrontational

As to hotels I have booked in the past (and this year) on a cancellable option. I have not been brave enough to book a hotel on the assumption that I would get tickets

Sheincar

I voted for Sunday and will be queuing up for tickets. 12 tickets is the limit set by Nottingham arena and is, I guess, why Todd is saying this to us. However just because I could buy 12 tickets is no reason to assume that I and everyone else in the queue will do the same. Those of us who buy on Sunday will clearly not be competing with you on 4 Feb. Have had horrendous experiences trying to buy in recent years, hanging on the phone for ages and incurring large phone bills. Have never paid up front for hotel and never will.
Have previously suggested each club should have set days when only their tickets are on sale but clearly not an option.

Wannabe2

12 tickets per person, bloody criminal, what a joke if that’s being fair to fans then there’s no hope. Can you imagine queuing for 6 nations rugby tickets and being allowed 12 tickets, I could buy 12 tickets, and take 10 non hockey fans with me, while 10 hockey fans can’t get a ticket. Good call.

kingmo19.1

Disgraceful decision by the club to undertake this money grabbing exercise at such short notice. Not impressed with whoever made this decision one bit.

I'm hoping If Steveking is reading this he over rules it.

Ticket prices up recently, beer prices up recently, food searches on entry to the arena and now why not squeeze the fans for a bit more cash!

Losing faith in the organisation at the moment.

Ocko

Love controversy like this. Keeps the inferno interesting when we’re playing well. But seriously, calling out Steve King on here and demanding answers is a bit over dramatic, be careful what you wish for he may stop posting here one day - which would be a great shame. Also, just because you travel far, or pay for more tickets, have a ST, or supported the team for longer doesn’t make you any more entitled than anyone else - mentioning it just makes you like like a spoilt brat especially threatening to never watching the Devils again.

Has anyone ever struggled to get a play off ticket? I haven’t. And always make a last minute decision to go up and have always gotten a ticket easily. Whether you order them over the phone or turn up Sunday, the same amount of fans will still want to go and you will inevitably get your ticket. It just means that as many fans as possible are saved the drama of the Motorpoints crap ticketing system. I genuinely couldn’t care less about how the tickets are done, I might go up, I might not. More important things in life than a tin pot 4 game tournament cash cow to the EIHL.

drainage

Steve, I’m appalled by this decision. 30% left for us to try and get tickets and no doubt the worst seats available.

Any reason why I should continue to spend thousands of pounds following the team having been dealt with this way by the club?

If they’d have decided this for next season at least we would have had the option not to book the hotel.

Leaves a vey sour taste. And to be honest, a time to reflect on whether any of this is worth it going forward.

Cheers.
I have booked accommodation well in advance of getting a ticket for years .....Are you seriously saying if Cardiff said next season we can sell tickets end of Jan you would wait to book accomodation? At best you leave yourself paying high prices at worst nothing to be had !

Just because it may not suit individuals doesn’t make it a bad idea ...I have spent enough to buy and own a tropical island watching Devils for over 30 years but I accept I have to take my chance like everyone else

BostonBart22

When fans moved from bbt to viola they were in a queueing order to pick their seats... Just a thought couldn't the hierarchy have the same system for the pofw tickets with the same numbers fans had when picking seats.. Hope this makes sense..

E.D.S.

It’s a tough one this one. From a personal perspective it’s a total disaster for me as I’m one of the guys who spends most of my Cardiff Devils dollars on away games due to where I live and like Drainage said over 30 + years of season tickets and following the Devils I could have bought a small island. Whilst I’d love it to give me more rights than others, it doesn’t and nor could it ever. It’s a tough one to swallow.
This decision doesn’t suit me at all but then again this is about a club willing to try something different - 4pm face offs as an example that do work for me. Can’t fault the clubs ambition and drive to get things right and try different things.
I’ll get my tickets somehow even if it means I’m sat in a different block as I’ll phone up in Feb to get them.
Disappointed but understanding of what the club is trying to do.