POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

Devil_Abroad

Well they went ahead with it anyway.

What an absolute joke of a decision.

If you're travelling to either away game this weekend then you are being punished by your team.

In what world is it ok to change plans that most people have made since the start of the season with less than 48 hours notice?!
We’re travelling to both games, then Belfast. We hope to get tickets somewhere for the playoffs. After that, well........ right now, I’ve had enough. Think I will have a very disappointed wife and friend next season onwards.

Kevlar68

I'm getting confused here ( doesn't take much). So is it still just first come first serve on the 4th Feb or has something now changed?

Devil_Abroad

I'm pretty gutted by this, as a exiled Devil my wife and I always make sure we make it to the Playoffs to get our Devils fix (in addition to sporadic Webcasts, home games and away games when work allows). I'm currently in Minnesota with work, and will be in Colorado when the tickets go on sale from the motorpoint, which will be 2am Denver time. So I will be staying up to get some tickets online. And now I'm going to be competing for 200 tickets, not 700. I have no issue at all with the Devils selling their allocation, but surely they could do a form submitted online for people who physically can't get to the Viola. It would take me three flights to get there from here!
Don’t get me going on the webcast.

Have been pondering all season whether it’s worth it having seen the marked dip in its quality.

Guess it’s time to save more money.

How can a club that has made such strides forward in terms of professionalism then think that this is a good idea? 2 days notice when people have had hotels booked in Nottingham for months believing that they had the same equal chance as others when all tickets are released together? Amateur, and seemingly content to cause a problem where there wasn’t really one.

tim78

Don't forget the additional £60 service charge if you're booking x12 tickets.

It's definetly a gutsy business move that doesn't really serve the fans in any particular way. I presume this was a reaction to the moans about other teams getting first dips but unless nottingam will release more tickets for the devils fans or we start upheving other teams it's a bit messy.

My personal believe is the top teams should have first dips and why sheffield need the extra attention this year when they may not make it is beyond me.

Kevlar68

I got it now. So if you don't go and cue at box office to buy them then you only got 200 left to go for.
Terrible decision all round, what percentage of the arena fan base use Twitter? How is that a good judgement call?
People may be away, working, live miles away from arena or even ill.
When it's a box office booking system it's fair to everyone even people who are working.

Don’t get me going on the webcast.

Have been pondering all season whether it’s worth it having seen the marked dip in its quality.

Guess it’s time to save more money.
Sorry, I didn't mean the webcasts were erratic/sporadic when I watch them. I meant that I am only able to watch a webcast sporadically as I am all over the place with work. In my (I admit limited) experience the webcast it has always worked well for me. I use a Samsung Note Pro Tablet and I have BT 'Superfast' Broadband.

Pope#42

Mixed feelings about this one. Going forward I think in future years it will be great - the Devils would have more time to put a system in place that is fair for all.

However, as it is now those travelling with the team this weekend will miss out. I’m wondering if perhaps the Devils organisation can arrange something for these fans over the weekend? It really wouldn’t be too much hassle to phone ahead to the arena and say x number of fans have paid their money and want tickets.

As others have said the limit of 12 pp is ridiculous and will only encourage people buying and selling on for a profit. I won’t get started on the £5 fee...

I wonder what the answer would be if everyone were to ask Mr Kelman to refund the cost of hotel rooms if they cannot get play-off tickets as a result of this decision. I think he'd refund everyone's money.

I wonder what the answer would be if everyone were to ask Mr Kelman to refund the cost of hotel rooms if they cannot get play-off tickets as a result of this decision. I think he'd refund everyone's money.
Good point - I’m in this situation. Had a hotel room booked for months with the understanding that I had an equal chance of getting a ticket as everyone else on the 4th Feb. Those terms have changed this late in the day, and I can’t make it to the rink at 6am to queue for at least 4 hours on Sunday, so do you fancy covering my costs out of that £2500 Todd?

Devil_Abroad

Sorry, I didn't mean the webcasts were erratic/sporadic when I watch them. I meant that I am only able to watch a webcast sporadically as I am all over the place with work. In my (I admit limited) experience the webcast it has always worked well for me. I use a Samsung Note Pro Tablet and I have BT 'Superfast' Broadband.
Sorry, wasn’t having a go.

Apparently we’re the only ones to see a change in quality from last year or so it feels. Gone from HD quality last year to fuzzy pic quality this year. Still with Virgin lightning speed 220 mbs and MacBook, iPad, Windows laptop, iMac - all giving the same poor quality. Tried all their ‘new’ formats - all poor.

matbur

I can see why they're doing it, but it's too short notice and 12 tickets per person is absolutely farcical. Don't tell me the volunteers won't be buying loads up for their mates, and the rest is just encouraging people to tout them at higher value.

I'm so pissed off with the 12 per person limit. I'm going to have to leave at 5am on Sunday just to que. Honestly, if I miss out again this year I'm probably going to jack in renewing my two season tickets because we usually end up missing a couple of games throughout the season, and there's absolutely no other incentive in getting them.

I know the Devils are trying to do their best and there are only a limited amount of tickets but this just doesn't sit right to me.

I'll tell you that the volunteers wont be getting preferential treatment. I doubt you'll believe me though. 12 does seem a bit high but only four is just as stupid. Nottingham did 8 only last season. Next season should be OK if done right. Perhaps the Devils having asked had no choice.

Devil_Abroad

Good point - I’m in this situation. Had a hotel room booked for months with the understanding that I had an equal chance of getting a ticket as everyone else on the 4th Feb. Those terms have changed this late in the day, and I can’t make it to the rink at 6am to queue for at least 4 hours on Sunday, so do you fancy covering my costs out of that £2500 Todd?
How about it Steve?