POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

Temme

Thread starter #1
URGENT POLL IF the Devils & @devils_redarmy had the opportunity of selling Playoff tickets at the arena THIS Sunday from 10 am (in person only) would you prefer that to booking as normal through the Nottingham box-office on February 4th?

This is the poll currently on twitter for the Devils

It's finished on 535 votes with a 72% - 28% majority in FAVOUR.

What are your thoughts/opinions?

No comment from the club yet if they will implement this.

Temme

Thread starter #2
My vote - NO.

1) too short notice.
2) it's an away double header weekend so a large cohort of 'die hard' fans will be travelling.
3) it's an away double header weekend so fans have no reason to go to the rink on a Sunday.
4) It's at 10AM on a Sunday morning. (i'm normally in church (ha!) but some of you may be hungover/sleeping....)
5) (personal reason) it's a 60 mile round trip for me to get there and back, waste of a journey when they can be booked seamlessly online.

I have no issue with the idea - so can't blame them for putting it out to vote, but it's definitely too late to implement a major change like this when i'm fairly sure all fans attending already have travel arrangements & hotels booked.

If this does get implemented - who's up for taking over block 18 next door? (Milton Keynes)

Earnie

I am hugely in favour. Big yes from me. It is a nightmare on line and to get a human to speak to on the telephone takes about 45 minutes!! ( from my experience)

Devil_Abroad

No No No No No!!!!

We live 200 miles away, go every year, hotel booked months ago.

No No No No

Who on earth thought this a good idea?

Nottingham by phone or web may be difficult for some but at least you can attempt to buy a ticket!

If this goes ahead it risks alienating a big number of long term fans

We spend thousands travelling the country and europe supporting the team and they go and think this idea up?

Steve, if you’re reading this, please knock some sense into HO!

What a joke of a decision phone is 50/50 for everyone !! All that’s going to happen is people in the know are going to get 12 each for mates or just get 12 each and tout them on !! Or why don’t we just have a massive queing competition can’t wait to stand outside for hours on a Sunday after going up to Nottingham and getting home at 2am to support them ... absolutely idiotic decision

I’m against the idea. The online system offers everyone an equal chance - tickets are on sale at a specific time and you’ve got the same chance of getting them as others. It also doesn’t involve queueing for hours, not to mention that some physically can’t do it because of where they live, or that they have work/other commitments. This applies to any time, not just a Sunday morning as has been suggested.

I can see the club’s thinking and applaud them consulting the fan base, but I feel this would be a step back from the current system and cause a lot of unhappiness.

d20

Yes......we go every year last year i was on the phone at 9am ( I couldnt get online) as soon as they were open i got through at 10.45 to be told there were none left in the devils block we had to buy in the MK block and others in the guildford,fife,and clan blocks.

We have had fans moaning year on year " why cant we have tickets here like nottingham and sheffield so we can pick them up like them"

the club now give this option and people say no..its far easier for most of us ,not every season ticket holder goes so they wont all be sold so they all wont buy them and whatever fans cant get to the arena they cant then phone the arena for the seats left.

People will miss out either way so so if you cant get there and the club will do this then phone is the option unfortunatley not everyone can be pleased and like I say it didnt work for me last year but if you cant get there then maybe ask someone to buy them.

Maybe next year the devils could put a form in place for requests so that then they can offer this service ,get the tickets and then we can collect and pay at the arena the same as nottm & sheff do.

Temme

Thread starter #11
Yes......we go every year last year i was on the phone at 9am ( I couldnt get online) as soon as they were open i got through at 10.45 to be told there were none left in the devils block we had to buy in the MK block and others in the guildford,fife,and clan blocks.

We have had fans moaning year on year " why cant we have tickets here like nottingham and sheffield so we can pick them up like them"

the club now give this option and people say no..its far easier for most of us ,not every season ticket holder goes so they wont all be sold so they all wont buy them and whatever fans cant get to the arena they cant then phone the arena for the seats left.

People will miss out either way so so if you cant get there and the club will do this then phone is the option unfortunatley not everyone can be pleased and like I say it didnt work for me last year but if you cant get there then maybe ask someone to buy them.

Maybe next year the devils could put a form in place for requests so that then they can offer this service ,get the tickets and then we can collect and pay at the arena the same as nottm & sheff do.
Absolutely no issue with any of this and all valid points, the only stumbling block is announcing it as an idea 48 hours before it would go live is possible for most, given that many people will be away for nottingham/fife.

D20 - I’m sorry you couldn’t get there last year, and can completely see your argument. Unfortunately phoning the Nottingham box office may end up losing out to the online sales because they’re instant instead of waiting for someone to answer.

However, the idea of ‘if you can’t make it get someone else to queue and buy’ doesn’t work for everyone. It turns the whole process into a ‘who you know’ and ‘who can queue the longest’ competition. With the online option everyone can access it at the same time, and if I was to miss out then fair enough, I had an equal chance to get them.

This will be a dividing issue. I predict a second ‘people’s vote’ whatever the outcome!

So penalise us for going to the away game Saturday going to have to que from 2 am am I ?? pathetic decision well done devils

Temme

Thread starter #14
Well they went ahead with it anyway.

What an absolute joke of a decision.

If you're travelling to either away game this weekend then you are being punished by your team.

In what world is it ok to change plans that most people have made since the start of the season with less than 48 hours notice?!

Doesn’t matter anyway, it’s confirmed on Facebook. 500 tickets available. Potentially 12 each for the first 41, not including those in the Red Army Travel crew and whoever else they’re buying for. Get queueing now folks!

Very poor decision at this late time.

Devil_Abroad

Steve, I’m appalled by this decision. 30% left for us to try and get tickets and no doubt the worst seats available.

Any reason why I should continue to spend thousands of pounds following the team having been dealt with this way by the club?

If they’d have decided this for next season at least we would have had the option not to book the hotel.

Leaves a vey sour taste. And to be honest, a time to reflect on whether any of this is worth it going forward.

Cheers.

I'm pretty gutted by this, as a exiled Devil my wife and I always make sure we make it to the Playoffs to get our Devils fix (in addition to sporadic Webcasts, home games and away games when work allows). I'm currently in Minnesota with work, and will be in Colorado when the tickets go on sale from the motorpoint, which will be 2am Denver time. So I will be staying up to get some tickets online. And now I'm going to be competing for 200 tickets, not 700. I have no issue at all with the Devils selling their allocation, but surely they could do a form submitted online for people who physically can't get to the Viola. It would take me three flights to get there from here!

Temme

Thread starter #18
Steve, I’m appalled by this decision. 30% left for us to try and get tickets and no doubt the worst seats available.

Any reason why I should continue to spend thousands of pounds following the team having been dealt with this way by the club?

If they’d have decided this for next season at least we would have had the option not to book the hotel.

Leaves a vey sour taste. And to be honest, a time to reflect on whether any of this is worth it going forward.

Cheers.
I'm completely baffled at the decision.
It's pretty clear that the only reason they are doing this is for £££££££.
They are charging a £5 admin fee for every ticket they sell.
500 tickets.
£2500 straight back to the club.
Those tickets will sell out WITHIN AN HOUR!

£2500 to cover 'costs'.

On the bright side, we bought our hotel room pretty cheap so it should be quite easy to sell on.

Last edited:

Imp

Against this for purely selfish reasons: I cannot be in Cardiff this Sunday, I can be online the Monday morning. IF I could get to Viola, I’d be all in favour.

Either way, I’m not sure that 12 tickets per person is a good idea.

Out of interest, what was the Devils ticket allocation for last year? They’re saying 700 (500 at Viola + 200 via Nottingham) for this year, which is presumably more than last year?

ps. If there’s ever a separate poll, I’ll vote in favour of the death penalty for anyone caught touting tickets purchased this Sunday.

Devil_Abroad

So now there might only be 30% left when we have a chance and those will be the worst seats. I’m sure I’m missing something here......