PLEA

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Plea to all fans , stewards, backroom staff , can all of you make an effort to wear a mask at the manchester game saturday, this shit is not going away for a long long time, cases and deaths are steady but we got winter to get through once again, plus after last weeks game and remarks regarding masks, wouldnt be surprised if a member of drakefords team will be present saturday to oversee the effort of the club on welsh restrictions, not only are you putting yourselves at risk its also your own families when you go home, we got ice hockey back so lets help to keep it otherwise the games could end up fan free, so lets do our bit and adhere to the rules its only 3 hours guys, thats nothing compared to others like myself to wear one up to 10 hours a day...lets do it...

Wannabe2

I second that Plea it’s such a small thing to do to keep our sport alive, and to keep each other safe. It’s 3 hrs for goodness sake such a small thing to do to see the season through. Wearing a mask Saturday will be a way of saying, I respect and care for my fellow fan,for the people sat around me and for the family that has been created over the years. We have had many set backs over the years and they have been overcome by working and pulling together, well this is probably the biggest test of all, so let’s fill our barn Saturday with respect and care for each other.

bozman

I have previously tried to wear a mask, and passed out due to my Chronic Asthma, so I am unable to if I didnt have this Condition I would be wearing one, therefore there will be people including stewards who are unable to wear one

terry hunt

I have previously tried to wear a mask, and passed out due to my Chronic Asthma, so I am unable to if I didnt have this Condition I would be wearing one, therefore there will be people including stewards who are unable to wear one
You can also wear faceshields which dont enclose the mouth so breathing should be OK but droplets will be reduced.
I think the issue is making an effort.

fridaysfingers

Hi Boz, sorry to hear about that.
Have you tried wearing the full face Perspex shields that are worn with arms like a pair of glasses?? I haven’t personally as I am able to wear a mask so I don’t know if there are any drawbacks to using them i.e. steaming up, you may wear glasses and it’s not feasible
Please don’t take this the wrong way, it’s just a suggestion as it may help you to be more comfortable in the environment of the rink.

bozman

Hi Boz, sorry to hear about that.
Have you tried wearing the full face Perspex shields that are worn with arms like a pair of glasses?? I haven’t personally as I am able to wear a mask so I don’t know if there are any drawbacks to using them i.e. steaming up, you may wear glasses and it’s not feasible
Please don’t take this the wrong way, it’s just a suggestion as it may help you to be more comfortable in the environment of the rink.
I wear glasses have thought about it to be honest

moggy#9

having said this the majority of us are double jabbed shouldnt we be fairly safe anyway
The thing about the jab is that for some people it will stop infection. For others it will lesson severity. I read somewhere that, because of the sliding scale of risk, a vaccinated 80 year old would have a level of risk similar to that of an unvaccinated 50 year old. Obviously, other factors come into play. I'll leave it to those with more medical knowledge than me to give a better explanation though.

Slartibartfast

The thing about the jab is that for some people it will stop infection. For others it will lesson severity. I read somewhere that, because of the sliding scale of risk, a vaccinated 80 year old would have a level of risk similar to that of an unvaccinated 50 year old. Obviously, other factors come into play. I'll leave it to those with more medical knowledge than me to give a better explanation though.
Thats right. The vaccine lessens the risk of hospitalisation and death but its still a pretty nasty illness and I do worry about elderly relatives even though they are double jabbed as they are still at a higher risk than younger people (though less risk than before).

Rob Batch

The data shows the effectiveness of the double jabbed wanes significantly after 6 months which for many of the vulnerable has already passed. I think it would be wise to be extra careful heading towards the winter months, or face the terrible possibility of locking out fans from the arena.

Mazzoak

The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 5) (Wales) Regulations 2020 part 4 Taking preventative measures in regulated premises Section g states

g) providing or requiring use of personal protective equipment.

Face Coverings fall into the definition of PPE within the regulations.

What is the legal requirement on businesses, workplaces, public places and event organisers?
What is the legal basis for requirements?
Regulation 16 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 5) (Wales) Regulations 2020 imposes obligations on people responsible for premises that are open to the public or where work takes place:
  • to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus on the premises, and
  • to minimise the risk of spread of coronavirus by those who have been on the premises.
This is to be achieved by taking the following steps, which are based on the “hierarchy of controls” principles (referred to above):
  • step 1: undertake a specific assessment of the risk of exposure to coronavirus at their premises (and to consult persons working on the premises or representatives of those persons in doing so)
  • step 2: provide information to those entering or working at the premises about how to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus. This includes, in particular, information to all those working on the premises about their risk of exposure to coronavirus identified in the risk assessment and the measures to be taken to minimise this risk
  • step 3: ensure that reasonable measures are taken to minimise risk of exposure to the virus on the premises
Each of the 3 steps is required to be taken.

There is a legal requirement under the Act to encourage and enforce those refusing to wear a mask, that can be done by a simple call to the police and have those refusing to wear a mask removed from the premises, in fact the Stewards can remove people or refuse entry at the next home game for instance.

Mazzoak

You could add the lack of face mask enforcement or announcements as another simple blatantly obvious attention to detail being massively missed. Many fans voicing disappointment in the clubs lack of attention at a time when no end to the current Pandemic has been announced, cases are rising, hospital admissions are rising and potential locking down of venues a real possibility. Not to mention the p8ssing off of long standing fans who’ve paid considerable amounts of money and are not willing to return, the club not acknowledging this fact, they simple aren’t confident enough to risk their health & potentially their life. Unlike the “gifted” corporate freebies people you find around the rink, gifted tickets in the hope they get drunk enough in the bar. No matter what a persons opinion is, Welsh Law dictates face masks are still legally required in indoor venues such as ice rinks, only in the bar and restaurants are mask allowed to be removed. In much the same way a person cannot assault a fan, they’d be removed, police called etc, yet not wearing a mask has the potential to cause more harm to a person than a punch in the face, you’ve basically got large groups of people assaulting others with not even an announcement to say stop, slight exaggeration, no it’s that important, 18 months of tight restrictions wasn’t for a slight flu, it’s killed, millions. So no a simple announcement and some enforcement l don’t believe is over the top...........

Rant over.......

Mazzoak

Plea to all fans , stewards, backroom staff , can all of you make an effort to wear a mask at the manchester game saturday, this shit is not going away for a long long time, cases and deaths are steady but we got winter to get through once again, plus after last weeks game and remarks regarding masks, wouldnt be surprised if a member of drakefords team will be present saturday to oversee the effort of the club on welsh restrictions, not only are you putting yourselves at risk its also your own families when you go home, we got ice hockey back so lets help to keep it otherwise the games could end up fan free, so lets do our bit and adhere to the rules its only 3 hours guys, thats nothing compared to others like myself to wear one up to 10 hours a day...lets do it...
I work in hospitality industry (kinda), well l visit many back of house daily, it’s expected & contingency plans are ongoing with the expectation that either a return to stricter restrictions, which could close venues such as the IAW, or a full lockdown is coming in the winter. One of the deciding factors will be the continued spread from people failing to observe the rules.
One contingency l can see happening for the club is the webcast agreement on another thread, so at least l guess some continuation of the club could continue, assuming it’s financially viable.

Mazzoak

having said this the majority of us are double jabbed shouldnt we be fairly safe anyway
Yes, kinda, its numbers and severity are reduced. The last few days it’s emerged 10 to 15 yr old males in countries such as India and SE Asia are dying in large numbers due to myocardial injuries caused by the Virus, it’s too early to say what if any impact this will have in developed countries. U.K. medical experts are still stating you're 4 times more likely to die of these conditions than similar deaths attributed to the Astra Vaccine.
As a human, one death caused by people ignoring basic rules is one death too many, for me anyway, for the businesses involved in Hockey or any other industry maybe it’s worth the deaths for greater profit.......

moggy#9

Simple alternative... if your caught with your mask warming your chin up instead of using it as protection.. get thrown out? Might be severe but do we want hockey to continue on cold lonely nights during winter...
People will ignore rules if they think there's little chance of getting caught and no serious consequences of they do. Both of those assumptions need to be destroyed.