PLEA

Mazzoak

It is what it is, you can’t teach stupid, profit over health. All appropriate, what will be will be, if the arena gets shut down for ignoring their responsibilities, ultimately that’s their business and Todd’s responsibility to do whatever is best and he’s told to do by the owners........Talk is cheap, anyone can sound sincere.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #45
Again way to many without masks tonight and it was the Saturday night out crowd mainly NOT hockey supporters.
Agree a lot without masks age group of 17 to 22 more evident than others, dont think theres any more the club can do, plenty of announcements about mask wearing, didnt see 1 steward approach anyone tonight not wearing a mask and there were lots around by me in block 20 not wearing any.

august04 2.0

The only way that some idiots will get the message is if stewards start pulling people up on this and if they don’t listen, throw them out. I haven’t seen a single steward get involved at all in my block in all the home games and towards the lower half of the block, there's not much mask wearing going on. It’s simply a lack of respect and care towards fellow fans and it’s just not acceptable.

kingmo19.1

Sad to hear it’s still happening. I was hoping to take a game in, but if mask wearing isn’t being enforced then I’ll have to give it a miss for the time being :-(

terry hunt

There was a group of about 12(two rows of 6) in my block who considered themselves exempt. Half my age.
I believe this is the same group that caused serious nuisance to the families sat around them who were wearing masks.
The fans spoke to them(not the stewards) but they laughed at the fans and ignored them.
I pretty sure they are one of our Platinum Sponsors who dont obey any arena protocols.
Perhaps the Devils management would tell us if sponsors are exempt from Covid Rules because they are quite open about their behaviour.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #53
I believe this is the same group that caused serious nuisance to the families sat around them who were wearing masks.
The fans spoke to them(not the stewards) but they laughed at the fans and ignored them.
I pretty sure they are one of our Platinum Sponsors who dont obey any arena protocols.
Perhaps the Devils management would tell us if sponsors are exempt from Covid Rules because they are quite open about their behaviour.
If it is a sponsors group , nothing will be said as its bucks coming into the club...if they were in a hospitality box yes by all means dont wear them as per govt rules in wales..

hip check

The only way that some idiots will get the message is if stewards start pulling people up on this and if they don’t listen, throw them out. I haven’t seen a single steward get involved at all in my block in all the home games and towards the lower half of the block, there's not much mask wearing going on. It’s simply a lack of respect and care towards fellow fans and it’s just not acceptable.
A difficult job to spend time and energy trying to preach to the unpreachable, stewards would likely get verbally abused (especially if these people have had a few bevvies) and could literally spend a considerable amount of time approaching these people (who quite possibly do it on a weekly basis), the other people around them who do wear masks would be having their enjoyment spoiled by the stewards continually walking up and down the steps whilst reminding people of their responsibilities, I know the stewards get paid for what they do and are the people who would be responsible for enforcement but it's a thankless job and quite likely to end up with verbal abuse or even threats.
Having worked as a bus driver and having to continuously have to be reminding people to 'wear your mask' can be challenging and tiresome if those people don't want to or disagree with wearing them.
I don't know what the answer/remedy is other than hoping people have some common sense which obviously the small minority who flout the rules haven't or don't want to.
Ultimately the club has the power to enforce these rules but how best to do that is debatable.

terry hunt

A difficult job to spend time and energy trying to preach to the unpreachable, stewards would likely get verbally abused (especially if these people have had a few bevvies) and could literally spend a considerable amount of time approaching these people (who quite possibly do it on a weekly basis), the other people around them who do wear masks would be having their enjoyment spoiled by the stewards continually walking up and down the steps whilst reminding people of their responsibilities, I know the stewards get paid for what they do and are the people who would be responsible for enforcement but it's a thankless job and quite likely to end up with verbal abuse or even threats.
Having worked as a bus driver and having to continuously have to be reminding people to 'wear your mask' can be challenging and tiresome if those people don't want to or disagree with wearing them.
I don't know what the answer/remedy is other than hoping people have some common sense which obviously the small minority who flout the rules haven't or don't want to.
Ultimately the club has the power to enforce these rules but how best to do that is debatable.
I am sorry to say i agree with you.

James

Administrator
The steward at the top of block one walked down the steps every stop of play and asked people to pull up their chin warmers. It was good to see.

Kevlar68

We have stewards and then we have security.
If stewards aren't listened to after a few times then security can ask them to leave.
Security are the enforcement of the arena.