Playoffs weekend

Thread starter #1
Does anyone know when the dates for the Playoffs weekend are likely to be announced officially? In know it's usually the first Friday/Saturday/Sunday in April (3rd, 4th and 5th this year), but can't find anything firm and don't want to book accommodation then lose a deposit if the dates are different. Thanks.

Sliput

draig-goch said:
Does anyone know when the dates for the Playoffs weekend are likely to be announced officially? In know it's usually the first Friday/Saturday/Sunday in April (3rd, 4th and 5th this year), but can't find anything firm and don't want to book accommodation then lose a deposit if the dates are different. Thanks.
Its definately the 4th and 5th.

I just looked on the arena's website and Dancing on Ice is there the following Tues and Wed so that all ties in nicely :)

Who's going to the PlayOffs this year? Bubbles and I will be there as usual, along with the rest of Dougie's Corner, staying on the Sat & Sun nights in the Ice House Apartments again....Rob enjoyed mooning at the Squeelers from the balcony so much last year he wanted to stay there again!
You'll find us singing in The Castle :)

Finny

If I were you I'd only book hotels which have the ability to cancel up to the date. Rumours going around on THF especially that the EIHL have had problems booking the NIC.

I can't see the arena refusing the EIHL. They are probably holding out for more money, as all these arena's do. Money always talks in the end. Can you imagine it being cancelled and ending up in Sheffield. Then again you never know what BP is upto lol. (That was a joke)

Would you put it past the league to cock things up? Mind you anyone remember in the Superleague days when they forgot to book the MEN...?

Gazza272

Well i booked my hotel on the assumption that it was 2 weeks after the date listed on the fixture lists of all teams. The week after would be the quarter finals and the week after that the semi finals.

If this is not the case i really cant see me going to playoff weekend as it would cost a mountain for me as i got my hotel relatively cheaply.

Kipper

matt-j said:
Would you put it past the league to cock things up? Mind you anyone remember in the Superleague days when they forgot to book the MEN...?
You are joking right? On reflection I guess you aren't.

kettdevil1

Hopefully they won't go back to the idea tried a few years ago when the semis were played a week before the final. It was tried when the MEN hosted the event but meant that most people couldn't be bothered by the time the final came along.

This is the text of an e-mail I received from EIHL on 13/11/08:-

Hi Terry
Thank you for your email.
The playoffs will be 4th&5th April being held in Nottingham.

Kind Regards

Sam Taylor

bmibaby Elite Ice Hockey League

Thread starter #17
Thanks for all the info and the confirmation.

Can I follow this up with another query...

Does anyone know when the tickets , will go out to the clubs? Sorry, need to think of budgeting.

soon. if i remember previous seasons you get the chance to buy them through the club at a slighty reduced rate rather than through the NIC closer to the time.

Weekend tickets normally cost £68 i think per adult before and about £74 after the deadline through cardiff.

I would expect the cut off to be around feb 5th as they have to then sort allocating the tickets out

I'm planning on travelling up on the Sunday for the final (unfortunately work doesn't allow for the whole weekend ... although I might feel a bug coming on! :lol: ) Just wondering what time face off usually is for the final? I've been for the last 10 years and for the life of me can't remember!! :roll: