Playoff Weekend

Kevlar68

Should be sweating like a pig - unless they are personally buying up tickets so it doesn’t look so shambolic!
They'll comp out to businesses/corporates in hope they may get sponsorship, maybe even a few comp out to local schools, scout groups etc to fill seats and look like the EIHL are good charitable people. Seen it all before when i was managing at Millennium Stadium.

Kevlar68

The stadium instead of lowering prices and annoying ticket holders who bought full price they would give the tickets to people they are trying to butter up or girl guides, scouts etc groups who may not actually be interested in rugby as to not offend the paying fans.

BostonBart22

I know eihl and eiha are separate but seems as there so many seats left maybe they could offer discounted tickets to junior clubs registered with eiha
or offer concessions which clubs have done all season or are the EIHL drifting away from the family sport as clubs always point out to us fans.

moggy#9

Ummm not sure if you remember when the Superleague did exactly that....
I remember the hilarity of them appointing someone who played field hockey, not ice hockey, but I don't recall the sort of clusterf***s we've season this season. It's entirely possible I've forgotten though. ;-)

kettdevil1

I remember the hilarity of them appointing someone who played field hockey, not ice hockey, but I don't recall the sort of clusterf***s we've season this season. It's entirely possible I've forgotten though. ;-)
When I have a few minutes I will look out the details as it's a bit hazy in my mind..... it seemed a great idea at the time but then the guy arrived, completely failed to grasp the basics (including the problems of what happens when outgoings are massively greater than incomings) and soon afterwards the Superleague limped to its conclusion with five teams remaining.

Of course it is entirely possible that they hired the wrong person but.... I am a little sceptical about whether an independent chair would work given the massive vested interests

Wannabe2

The Superleague was never going to be viable, but by god how good was it while it lasted the best hockey we have ever seen, it had it all great skills, physical as hell, great characters of which we have never seen since. 16,000 Watched Storm v Devils at the Nynex Arena Manchester in the league,and the play off finals there were awesome, great great days.

moggy#9

When I have a few minutes I will look out the details as it's a bit hazy in my mind..... it seemed a great idea at the time but then the guy arrived, completely failed to grasp the basics (including the problems of what happens when outgoings are massively greater than incomings) and soon afterwards the Superleague limped to its conclusion with five teams remaining.

Of course it is entirely possible that they hired the wrong person but.... I am a little sceptical about whether an independent chair would work given the massive vested interests
I kind of lost track what was going on after the boycott.

I think that the principal of an independent chair is a good one, but it would need to be a hockey person with guaranteed independence. This is just one part of the root and branch reform that's needed though.

I'm feeling a few long posts coming over the summer months. ;-)

Diafol

So, for those who can’t make the trip (including me due to work) Premier Sports have Giants v Dundee at 2:30pm and Devils v Guildford at 7pm. However, it doesn’t look like they will be showing the final on Sunday. They currently have live NASCAR on Premier 1 and live Rugby on premier 2. I’ve also had an email listing their remaining games of the season which only contains the Semi Finals. Have emailed Premier today and will get back to you all based on their response.
Let’s hope they’ll show the final being the league sponsor and all
As suspected, the final is now confirmed on the Sky EPG.

Sunday
Premier Sports 1
Programme starts at 4.45.

Repeated at 3am.

Hockeymad

Hi guys,

If devils get to the final and anyone is travelling up sunday let me know I will join you!

I don’t mind chipping in petrol.

I will by a day pass and hope we can win the final

Thanks