Playoff Weekend

kingmo19.1

I love the first sentence ‘Have you got yours yet?’

In a word NO - because you are exploiting fans and ripping people off.

Although it would pain me, I hope this year people vote with their feet. If it’s 50% full then that will force the idiots who priced it to reconsider for future years.

If people turn up this year, it’s going going to set down a marker for future pricing.

E.D.S.

Thread starter #83
Last edited:

Pope#42

Maybe I’m reading into it too much but it feels like a middle finger from the league to all us fans who have complained about the price. I get the impression they couldn’t care less if the arena is only half full.

Diafol

Not sure how will be able to get tickets as I work Fridays as does the wife. Earliest I could leave Pembrokeshire would be 7PM so would get to IAW 9pm which is suspect would be too late for the allocation. Feel a bit gutted really. At least if was on the website would have a fighting chance of getting tickets.
Don't know if this is any help:
"If you absolutely cannot get there Friday evening, please email info@cardiffdevils.com and we can arrange to call you later on Friday evening"

https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/everything-happening-devils-week-1/

Anyone buying a ticket is basically saying they’re happy with the price/price rise/principle of the league charging whatever they want.

If supporting the team is what you’re about, you do that plenty by going to home games and buying your STs/jerseys/raffles/food and drinks, and the myriad of other things you can do to give the team your cash. No need to hand it over to the wrong’uns at the league as well.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Mate of mine bought his about 15 mins ago, reckons there might have been 140 - 150 people in the queue and he was there from 5.15pm - sales started at 6.00pm so he had a good view of the line.

Just thinking if the average purchase is say 3 tickets each that’s only 450 sold !

Not sure what block(s) we’ve got but that doesn’t sound like much.

E.D.S.

Thread starter #92
Expect another Elite League press report with typos saying…. “Ticket sales are still going really really really really well. It could be a sell out, we think but we’re not sure”

fdlf666

At 6 pm the queue was as far as the Bar doors but was a little spread out in places. When leaving at about 6.15 there were people arriving at the rink probably from work. Sponsors and rink staff had already booked their seats

pjj365

At 6 pm the queue was as far as the Bar doors but was a little spread out in places. When leaving at about 6.15 there were people arriving at the rink probably from work. Sponsors and rink staff had already booked their seats
interesting as in the past when I have arrived at 530am on a Saturday I have been in block 5 and shoulder to shoulder all the way round
Doubt it's a true indicator of interest though more a timing thing with work preventing people getting there really early

I’m hoping that at some point those that have made these poor decisions will mutter those immortal words “we messed up and we’re sorry.” BUT I’m not holding my breath.

Kevlar68

They won't admit that and fans will still go due to fear of missing out and the I was there fans.
Some will make the stance staying away and I'm sure it will still be a success.
As for my partner and I we're staying with not going.

kingmo19.1

Also, just imagine how you’d feel if you were a fan of Fife, Dundee, Manchester and maybe Coventry (no offence Wagstaff), ie clubs that will likely not even feature at the finals weekend.

£120 each to simply watch other teams play!!!

No concessions is a joke as it’s great to see some of the old folks during the weekend enjoying their fix - and I’m sure they’ve supported British Ice Hockey a lot longer than the greedy bunch who are running it now! Shameful.

Add onto that hotel costs, overpriced arena drinks (and maybe food) for 2 - you could probably book a cheapie holiday in Spain for 4-5 days as an alternative!

If I didn’t have a hotel booked (non-refundable) and it was booked pre-lockdown when the season got cut ending it short, then I wouldn’t go to the playoffs either. So it’s going to cost me money I didn’t want to spend (I had a concession ticket before) .. But hey ho, I will just have a drink or 4 in Lloyd’s bar to take the edge off having to pay these extortionate prices!

Earnie

Is it correct that the Playoff FINAL is at 7pm.?
That is rubbish. That’s the last straw.. if I’d known I would not have bothered!