Playoff Weekend

kingmo19.1

Yes, I agree. There needs to be some form of revenue sharing to stabilise the league. While there is a massive disparity in facilities and ability to generate revenue, problems with ones or two teams could easily snowball into the league falling through.

The problem is that at times the league only seems to exist to service the vanity and ambition of the Steelers.
That’s how it works at present - revenue for playoff weekend is shared.

Unfortunately it won’t help many clubs if they’ve only sold a fraction of the normal tickets due to stupid pricing!

Paul Sullivan

Should anyone be looking for a hotel for this event held in the now spacious and uncramped arena, I have one available. Fri, Sat, Sun night stay and good central location. Reasonable offers invited via DM.

Hope this is OK mods, delete if not. Ta.

For me and my wife to go to the playoffs, with 2 nights accomodation, fuel, tickets, food and drink is more expensive than our 2 season ticket money to watch OUR club all season, no thanks shove it, and it’s on the box.
So if the Devils qualify will you be going to POW?

Wannabe2 said:
For me and my wife to go to the playoffs, with 2 nights accomodation, fuel, tickets, food and drink is more expensive than our 2 season ticket money to watch OUR club all season, no thanks shove it, and it’s on the box.

Hi.trying to gauge the Devils Fans. Ref playoffs. With you being one of the elder and more vocal members, are you still staying at home to watch the Devils or if they qualify are you going to Nottingham to watch them live

I am not going purely on principle........
Same here. From our group of 10 giants fans, none have booked. First time in 15 years but we all felt this was a step too far and we needed to stick with the other fans that said no.. Could bite us on the arse if the Giants win but that's a chance we have to take.

drainage

Wannabe2 said:

Hi.trying to gauge the Devils Fans. Ref playoffs. With you being one of the elder and more vocal members, are you still staying at home to watch the Devils or if they qualify are you going to Nottingham to watch them live
Fan since 1986 watched playoffs in Wembley, Manchester and Nottingham…..irrespective of who makes final I won’t go. The fact I can afford it doesn’t mean the pricing is anywhere near right and fair ….. I want value for the money I spend unless I deem it a luxurious treat , this is not a luxurious treat

So as of this morning there are still 2975 tickets left in the bowl for the final on Sunday plus all of Block 1 & 2 which are not released and then the suites.
Cardiff had 713 seats allocated in blocks 13 & 14 of which 327 have been sold.
Don't think the arena sold many at all last week maybe around 30 but I would imagine people will now wait to see who qualifies.

Wannabe2

Wannabe2 said:

I buckled in the end and bought tickets, still not sure why but god forbid if the Devils don’t make it then I definately won’t be going. And will probably try to sell them half price, as I can cancel the hotel and watch it on the box.

Rempel16

I buckled in the end and bought tickets, still not sure why but god forbid if the Devils don’t make it then I definately won’t be going. And will probably try to sell them half price, as I can cancel the hotel and watch it on the box.
And it's people like you that the league are relying on - and why they will do the exact same next year.

I hope the Devils go and win it, and I will still be pleased that I didn't go, as the league doesn't deserve my money for the way they've screwed the fans over.

Mazzoak

And it's people like you that the league are relying on - and why they will do the exact same next year.

I hope the Devils go and win it, and I will still be pleased that I didn't go, as the league doesn't deserve my money for the way they've screwed the fans over.
Which why we had such bad owners, they arrived with fan acceptance and as time passed their faults grew and fans rolled over & got their tummies ticked.......

Last edited:
Shocked you gave in and "fed the beast" as you were incandescent about the prices, not just here but on a number of platforms
Still,each to their own. What one person regards as acceptable others don't.
At least those not going still get to see the POW on tv, so GO GIANTS !!

Diablo3

I reckon the Giants are hot favourites to win it, but the way this season has gone, any team finding a bit of form or suddenly gets their full roster back, can win two games. Would love to see DuPont guide the Devils to the title, but it will be from home. no buckling here.:cool:

Wannabe2

And it’s people like me that will do what I like in the end, which has sod all to do with you so keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself. You do what’s best for you and that’s cool,but what I decide to do has naff all to do with you. At the end of the day all my mates are going and it’s a weekend away with them,not that I need a explanation to you or anyone else.

Kevlar68

So this is my reason for not going as a comparison to where I'm going:-

Nottingham in April for 3 nights compared to Milan in June For 4 nights.

Train to Nottingham £260 (3 1/2 to 4 hrs), Flights to Milan £181 (2 hrs)
Double Hotel Room for 3 nights close to arena £514. Fully furnished apartment with Balcony for 4 nights close to San Siro £332
All day Weekend tickets £230, tickets for 2 all day festival concerts (imagine Dragons on Sat and Foo fighters on Sun - now cancelled) £240
(Had refund for Foo Fighters already)

Nottingham Total = £1004
Milan Total = £753

No brainer for me not to pay that money and I get an extra night in Milan with a better accommodation for £251 less

This is why it's a ridiculous price that I won't pay.

BostonBart22

I reckon the Giants are hot favourites to win it, but the way this season has gone, any team finding a bit of form or suddenly gets their full roster back, can win two games. Would love to see DuPont guide the Devils to the title, but it will be from home. no buckling here.:cool:
More so franny guide the team with skaldes recruitment, dupont helping out..

Wannabe2

Good on you.

Wannabe2

So this is my reason for not going as a comparison to where I'm going:-

Nottingham in April for 3 nights compared to Milan in June For 4 nights.

Train to Nottingham £260 (3 1/2 to 4 hrs), Flights to Milan £181 (2 hrs)
Double Hotel Room for 3 nights close to arena £514. Fully furnished apartment with Balcony for 4 nights close to San Siro £332
All day Weekend tickets £230, tickets for 2 all day festival concerts (imagine Dragons on Sat and Foo fighters on Sun - now cancelled) £240
(Had refund for Foo Fighters already)

Nottingham Total = £1004
Milan Total = £753

No brainer for me not to pay that money and I get an extra night in Milan with a better accommodation for £251 less

This is why it's a ridiculous price that I won't pay.
Have a great time Kev, you deserve it.