Playoff Details Announced

Ger-Devils

Then centre blocks are a lot bigger than ours but still doesn’t make sense.

Won’t be going once again with the costs. We actually had 6 days with Salzburg and Bern cheaper than 3 days in Nottingham with flights/hotels/train/tickets thrown in...

OJLloyd

Far bigger fan base i would think. But honest answer is I don't know
Definitely think you’re right, or at least would have been. The two main issues this year will be the Steelers potentially not making the weekend at all, but also the fact that the Devils fan base has grown considerably since we started winning things.

So maybe a format that isn’t quite as relevant as it once was.

OJLloyd

Then centre blocks are a lot bigger than ours but still doesn’t make sense.

Won’t be going once again with the costs. We actually had 6 days with Salzburg and Bern cheaper than 3 days in Nottingham with flights/hotels/train/tickets thrown in...
Pity G, though I’m sure we can have some beers to make up for it in Belfast.

Hotels in Nottingham are wayyyyy overpriced for that weekend. Premier Inn up from about £40 a night to about £160 (though I think now sold out).

Worth looking at Trivago if people are looking, I found the cheapest options there.

Ger-Devils

Pity G, though I’m sure we can have some beers to make up for it in Belfast.

Hotels in Nottingham are wayyyyy overpriced for that weekend. Premier Inn up from about £40 a night to about £160 (though I think now sold out).

Worth looking at Trivago if people are looking, I found the cheapest options there.
Unless you book as soon as the current years playoffs are done, you’ll be stung. Most hotels I’m positive get a heads up from the arena regarding events and just ramp the prices up.

I’ve not been the last 3/4 years and to be honest don’t miss it. I did look last year to fly on the Sunday for the final but far too expensive unfortunately.

Of course, there’ll be plenty of beers in Belfast, always will be

James

Administrator
Definitely think you’re right, or at least would have been. The two main issues this year will be the Steelers potentially not making the weekend at all, but also the fact that the Devils fan base has grown considerably since we started winning things.

So maybe a format that isn’t quite as relevant as it once was.
Sheffied and (obviously) Nottingham are geographically the closest, and always due to the combined factors of proximity and the size of their fan base take a healthy number of fans to the playoffs. If they can sell out the arena for a Steelers / Panthers league game they could probably get close to selling it out for the playoffs if they both made it.

dave

Tip one.... Stay in Derby.. hotels/parking cheaper and regular trains into station by arena that do not take to long.
Tip Two... Try hostels. again cheaper and if out most of day/night all you need is a comfortable bed and most are.

Or try the Whitehouse in Kegworth just off the M1 and alongside the A453 into Nottingham. There is now a Park & Ride on this road which means you can use the tram. I used to use this hotel when my daughters came to Nottingham with us and price wise it is still very reasonable - about £62 for a double per night. Plus, there is a lovely curry house in Kegworth as well.

Samael

Doesn't make sense Clan getting block 5 which is the biggest single block according to the panthers website... Take it that is down to Black seeing as he owns them and Panthers.

matbur

Feel the Devils organisation should've pushed for a better deal for fans. Limited space etc, but there's a good argument for season ticket holders getting priority and possibly larger block.

Kevlar68

I think first come first serve is fair, don't think for a playoff weekend there should be priority for season ticket holders or one block priority and the other for general sales but definitely not all priority.

pjj365

Is there a standard formula to work out when the playoffs are each year, to be able to book the right weekend? i.e second weekend in April, that sort of thing.
We book the 1st three weekends in April as soon as we get back - with ability to cancel. Cancel 2 when dates are known. The remaining one is not the lowest cost but a massive saving on booking when the dates are confirmed