Players from the NHL

Milky

Thread starter #1
So us signing Rusty the other week got me and some mates chatting about NHL players in our league and how many games they have typically played in The Show.

So ignoring the NHL shut out when we signed Rob Davison, is BizNasty the exception to the rule? My mate pointed out that with 41 games Rusty was probably our third highest player (which makes him on paper an even better player than I originally realised).

I don't really know much about the other teams in the league, so do any Devils statto's out there know how their players stack up? Is under 50 appearances for the odd few players about right?

Thanks.

Ed Patterson 62 games in the NHL, all for pittsburg penguins before becoming a devil.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Russ Romaniuk 105 games in the NHL before becoming a devil, split between winnipeg jets and philadelphia flyers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ibbz9

Devils highest at a guess is probably Doug Smail. Back in the 80s and 90s there were guys like Garry Unger and Jere Gillis. Theo Fleury with Belfast is the highest profile player in recent times.

wildthing74

Ken Hodge played over 100 games and for my money still our best ever player. Smail was unreal too and wish he could have been a Devil for longer than his 2 short spells.

This season Giants:

Beech - 198
Walser - 91

all time for us:

Theo Fleury - 1084
Kevin Westgarth - 169

Can't think of any plus 100 we've had.

Chris McAllister from the Vipers had over 300 under his belt too IIRC