Player of the week

James

Administrator
Maxi has really benefited well from his line this season. He's a great player but only seems to give 100% when he is on a line giving 100% He needs his linemates to stretch him, and then he is unstoppable. Well done Maxi.

E.D.S.

Thread starter #5
James said:
Maxi has really benefited well from his line this season. He's a great player but only seems to give 100% when he is on a line giving 100% He needs his linemates to stretch him, and then he is unstoppable. Well done Maxi.
I couldn't agree more with this post James. In years gone by Max sometimes had a dip in form and seemed uninterested but this year even when he has been quiet he's still been effective. For the last two years he's been my most frustrating player. The first season he had when he was partnered with Smith he was unplayable and then after that he seemed to peak and dip at random times. I honestly don't think there are many people in this league that has the talent he has. He's quick, hits like a train, has the softest hands around and has a bullet of a shot - He seems to be bringing all of that to the table more and more frequently and he's just joy to watch. He exploded into life during last years playoff final and hasn't looked back since then.
I know I bang on about this rather irrelevant goal but against Hull when we won 12-0 he completely unselfishly set up Weller for a goal after he was one on one and pulled the netminder all over the place only to lay it off for Weller to tap it in. That summed Max up for me. The guy can do anything he wants in this league and pull the strings of our team and the opposition whenever he wants to. Keep it up for the final push Max. You are a massive part of what we can achieve!
Great work Max.

Finny

On Sunday I thought it was one of the best individual performances from Max that I have ever seen. Best player on the ice IMO and that includes Weller. His recent goal scoring form has meant he his playing with confidence - and when he does that he is almost unplayable for the opposition.

Koop11

E.D.S. said:
James said:
I couldn't agree more with this post James. In years gone by Max sometimes had a dip in form and seemed uninterested but this year even when he has been quiet he's still been effective. For the last two years he's been my most frustrating player. The first season he had when he was partnered with Smith he was unplayable and then after that he seemed to peak and dip at random times. I honestly don't think there are many people in this league that has the talent he has. He's quick, hits like a train, has the softest hands around and has a bullet of a shot - He seems to be bringing all of that to the table more and more frequently and he's just joy to watch. He exploded into life during last years playoff final and hasn't looked back since then.
I know I bang on about this rather irrelevant goal but against Hull when we won 12-0 he completely unselfishly set up Weller for a goal after he was one on one and pulled the netminder all over the place only to lay it off for Weller to tap it in. That summed Max up for me. The guy can do anything he wants in this league and pull the strings of our team and the opposition whenever he wants to. Keep it up for the final push Max. You are a massive part of what we can achieve!
Great work Max.
Max summed up to a tee.

ASHIPP

Max had a fantastic weekend, home and away, and thoroughly deserves this. :cool:

If the Devils have an award for 'Away Player of the Year' for this season, Boom Boom would definately be a contender - he regularly racks up the points on the road.
He's had a great partnership with Scott and Jon - they have set incredibly high standards...and we are now enjoying Max at his best. :cool:

ASHIPP said:
If the Devils have an award for 'Away Player of the Year' for this season, Boom Boom would definately be a contender - he regularly racks up the points on the road.
I don't have the stats to back this up, but pretty sure Pelle has scored more away goals / points away from home as well.

ASHIPP

ledgend777 said:
ASHIPP said:
I don't have the stats to back this up, but pretty sure Pelle has scored more away goals / points away from home as well.

You are probably right, Jon may be top with the goals - but there are several players on the team who regularly play consistently well in away games.

This sounds completely wrong... but from what I think in league matches, Pelle has scored 17 at home and 31 away!?!?!

I sadly keep a record of every Devils game I go to and who scores (don't go as far as assists / penalties etc) and I've only been to league games this season and seen Pelle score 16 times... the only league game I missed was the 12-0 win v Hull because of the snow... and Pelle scored one that night according to match report therefore 17 at home in league... then according to ih-update, he's scored 48 league goals in total meaning 31 away!?!?! Think the Devils struggled to score 31 away in total the last couple of seasons :?

Using the same sources of information - home and away goals for our import forwards read...

Pelle: Home 17, Away 31
Birbrear: Home 16, Away 11
Matzka: Home 17, Away 10
MacRae: Home 11, Away 8
Michel: Home 11, Away 10

Rempel16

To add to your ledgend777:

My stats are for every game since 9th October, but they would suggest yours are correct.

Pelle
Home 26 games= 19G 31A 50pts = 0.73 gpg , 1.92 ppg
Away 24 games= 25G 13A 38pts = 1.04 gpg , 1.58 ppg

Birbraer
Home 26 games= 18G 27A 45pts = 0.69 gpg , 1.73 ppg
Away 24 games= 10G 18A 28pts = 0.42 gpg , 1.17 ppg

Matzka
Home 26 games= 15G 25A 40pts = 0.58 gpg , 1.54 ppg
Away 24 games= 9G 23A 32pts = 0.37 gpg , 1.33 ppg

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
To add to your ledgend777:

My stats are for every game since 9th October, but they would suggest yours are correct.

Pelle
Home 26 games= 19G 31A 50pts = 0.73 gpg , 1.92 ppg
Away 24 games= 25G 13A 38pts = 1.04 gpg , 1.58 ppg

Birbraer
Home 26 games= 18G 27A 45pts = 0.69 gpg , 1.73 ppg
Away 24 games= 10G 18A 28pts = 0.42 gpg , 1.17 ppg

Matzka
Home 26 games= 15G 25A 40pts = 0.58 gpg , 1.54 ppg
Away 24 games= 9G 23A 32pts = 0.37 gpg , 1.33 ppg
A ridiculously fantastic set of statistics :D

Rempel16

Ha ha thank you!

Shows even more just how good our top line has been this year. Without discrediting the others:

'If carlsberg did elite league hockey lines......'