'Play The Game......'

Thread starter #1
Hi Every1,

A newbie to the site so hi first off :) Not sure if this is in the right place...sorry if it isn't. Looking to start Hockey again after a good few years out. Have seen the 'Play The Game' sessions that go on down the rink so wondered what they are like? Anyone here having a go at them? I see that there are quite a few rec teams around.....just don't want to jump into the deep end straight away..!

cheers :cool:

Hi mate,

Off the subject just got back from tonights clash with the blaze, very dissapointed with result and just wished Voth tore Cambells head off for that cross check/cheap shots!

Anyway back on course.......play the game, i was asking the same questions on here about a month ago never played before never skated before ever!, bought my kit started learning to skate and went to the play the game sessions to have a go, i have been three times and have been skating 4 weeks and am lovin it!! Its the best place to make a start if you wanna play some rec Hockey in cardiff as it will give you match fitness, and playing experience as the sessions are mostly team based scrimmages but we do drills sometimes too voth is the boss on the ice on these sessions and if he feels like it he will get involved in the game too, which is nice when you think you are skating and attacking up against the toughest guy in the elite league!!...... Lots of Rec teams out there but they do like to stick to their own so depending on your skill level you may get a spot in a team who will offer you the chance, but tbh if u r just after having a bit of fun and getting a chance to play, play the game is a good enough session!!
come on down to the tent on wed-fri nights for training would be best if you got kit but if u havent they will lend you the bare essentials....

Wed- 6:15pm to 7:15pm
Fri - 7:15 -8:15pm (both sess for over 18's)

See ya soon

Joe

ive also been wondering what these sessions are like and after a while ive decided to give it a go.
im currently in the process of buying equipment which is all together on the expensive side :lol:
im not the best skater in the world but at least i can stay on my feet and go forwards :oops:

HockeyWarrior said:
Hi mate,

Off the subject just got back from tonights clash with the blaze, very dissapointed with result and just wished Voth tore Cambells head off for that cross check/cheap shots!

Anyway back on course.......play the game, i was asking the same questions on here about a month ago never played before never skated before ever!, bought my kit started learning to skate and went to the play the game sessions to have a go, i have been three times and have been skating 4 weeks and am lovin it!! Its the best place to make a start if you wanna play some rec Hockey in cardiff as it will give you match fitness, and playing experience as the sessions are mostly team based scrimmages but we do drills sometimes too voth is the boss on the ice on these sessions and if he feels like it he will get involved in the game too, which is nice when you think you are skating and attacking up against the toughest guy in the elite league!!...... Lots of Rec teams out there but they do like to stick to their own so depending on your skill level you may get a spot in a team who will offer you the chance, but tbh if u r just after having a bit of fun and getting a chance to play, play the game is a good enough session!!
come on down to the tent on wed-fri nights for training would be best if you got kit but if u havent they will lend you the bare essentials....

Wed- 6:15pm to 7:15pm
Fri - 7:15 -8:15pm (both sess for over 18's)

See ya soon

Joe
Wednesday's session starts at 6.45 to 7.45, the 6.15 is for the Under 10 Devils ;)