Play Off weekend 17/18

Thread starter #1
Does anyone have exact dates / are they available yet? I've seen reference on web of weekend 7&8/4/17 and also the following weekend. In order to get a travel pass from the Mrs, I will need to apply the charm offensive early and be sure of the dates?

Kal

you should be fine with 7th and 8th. Last league games are 24th and 25th March the weekend in between will be home and away quarters. Can't offer you anything official but that is usually how it goes.

Sheincar

That's how it usually goes BUT at fans forum at last POFW Neil Black apparently announced it as following weekend. Lots of us have booked hotel rooms for both weekends with free cancellation.

Very minor point, I thought it might be worth sharing my experience at the POFW. The last two years I have booked my hotel for my wife and I relatively late (I booked after I had the Playoff Tickets purchased and in my inbox as I was concerned about not getting tickets) and ended up at the St James Hotel and the Park Plaza respectively (both near the Castle). Because I booked late, it was pretty expensive. At the moment the rooms in the Park Plaza are starting to climb, but they are currently £152 a night if you sign up for their free to join club. And the St James Hotel rooms are up to £147.
My Wife and I both liked the location of these two hotels and the slight 'hint' of luxury while at the playoffs, if anyone fancies that then I would recommend that you book up quickly. Finally, you have to like to walk if you stay there as they are pretty much the exact other side of the city centre to the NIC. It's also worth noting that the St James Hotel was full of Braehead fans both years.

"My Wife and I both liked the location of these two hotels and the slight 'hint' of luxury while at the playoffs"

I have just booked the Crowne Plaza for my wife and I for the same reason. She does not attend the hockey but enjoys the shopping in the surrounding area (McArthur Glen just off the M1).
This hotel fills up quickly and has the advantage of a multi-storey car park attached to it at a reasonable cost and allows you to take the car in and out as you please. We have used this hotel many times.
If the Devils do not make the Play-offs or if I cannot get tickets then I will just cancel the booking.