Play-off format

youngbob

Thread starter #1
Anyone have any info / thoughts on how it will work this season?

It's a long way off, and things will change, but on a pure points / game basis Coventry would currently win the Patton conference, but be 10th place in league, while Guildford and Manchester would be 2nd and 4th in that conference, but 7th and 2nd respectively in the league

Results within and between conferences are so variable - it is actually possible on paper to win a conference and miss a play-off spot, with others going to NIC!

Todd didn't seem to think on Sunday that the current conference setup would be around for long - maybe they didn't realise how weird things might turn out

kettdevil1

Anyone have any info / thoughts on how it will work this season?

It's a long way off, and things will change, but on a pure points / game basis Coventry would currently win the Patton conference, but be 10th place in league, while Guildford and Manchester would be 2nd and 4th in that conference, but 7th and 2nd respectively in the league

Results within and between conferences are so variable - it is actually possible on paper to win a conference and miss a play-off spot, with others going to NIC!

Todd didn't seem to think on Sunday that the current conference setup would be around for long - maybe they didn't realise how weird things might turn out
I have to say that this passed me by a little bit.... there used to be a rule that said that conference winners were automatically seeded at the top of the rankings, has this now gone? As you say, this is just weird....

Temme

Only fair way is top 2 from each & 2 best 3rd place teams i guess.

Then 1v8, 2v7 etc?

Knowing the EIHL though they'll wait until the weekend before and announce it will be done alphabetically!