Play Off Finals Weekend

Sheincar

So the club are not allowed to try and sell the remaining tickets before they go on general sale next Monday? (Not today)
Yes mis remembered date. However trying to sell all tickets before Monday not in line with original announcement. What happens to those who only want z day ticket in Devils block?

Kevlar68

Last seasons playoff final still had tickets available on the day of final so if you didn't mind sitting anywhere in arena you could still get a ticket.
We're looking at getting Saturday single tickets for the three of us on the general sale day then if we get to final will buy tickets on the Saturday at the arena. Not worried if can't get them in Devils blocks as long as we get to see our boys play.
If devils don't get to final we will watch it in a bar near the arena and spend that ticket money for the 3 of us on our day in the pub.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Last seasons playoff final still had tickets available on the day of final so if you didn't mind sitting anywhere in arena you could still get a ticket.
Except they’ve placed this in the info.

”In order to ensure the best possible fan experience at this event, and with the support of the vast majority of customers, the Elite Ice Hockey League requests that all fans book seats in the blocks allocated to their teams. The Elite Ice Hockey League reserves the right to move any supporter who it judges has bought tickets in another team’s block, without obtaining prior approval.”

Kevlar68

I'm sure the arena will sell a ticket on the day to make money rather than have the seats empty.
Blocks have been allocated for 10 teams, only 4 will be going so there will be at the least another 6 blocks that won't be full unless they are just die hard hockey fanatics and keep their tickets.
It would be terrible business not to make money if you can.
Its not as if hockey fans are like football fans, most supporters get on and even have a drink and a chat with each other.

Last edited:

pjj365

Except they’ve placed this in the info.

”In order to ensure the best possible fan experience at this event, and with the support of the vast majority of customers, the Elite Ice Hockey League requests that all fans book seats in the blocks allocated to their teams. The Elite Ice Hockey League reserves the right to move any supporter who it judges has bought tickets in another team’s block, without obtaining prior approval.”
It's a request and there is no history of people bring moved

pjj365

I'm sure the arena will sell a ticket on the day to make money rather than have the seats empty.
Blocks have been allocated for 10 teams, only 4 will be going so there will be at the least another 6 blocks that won't be full unless they are just die hard hockey fanatics and keep their tickets.
It would be terrible business not to make money if you can.
Its not as if hockey fans are like football fans, most supporters get on and even have a drink and a chat with each other.
Spot on
But blocks might be full of optomists!
Seems not though - I've sat next to Vipers fans (a couple of years ago) and there are always NIHL supporters there.

Sliput

And if there are no Devils tickets left?
What about fans who couldnt get to the arena to buy the tickets or fans who cant get tickets until Monday because they have to be paid at the end of the month ?

I come under both of them and will happily buy a ticket on Monday.

Its life unfortunately and really not a big deal.

Kevlar68

Just got my Playoff tickets, block 16, 3 seats, no £5 fees and no standing out in cold for hours, BOOM!

Last edited:

pjj365

Part of the reason for queuing is that you can't get weekend tickets on line (or at least you couldn't 2 years ago) and to get the seats you want (within reason)

Kevlar68

Just checked this minute out of curiosity and could still book weekend bundle, 3 seats together block 15 row U, early bird prices.
Still Showing around 50 seats all together between block 15 and 16 for both Saturday and Sunday still available.
Also block 17 (Fife) Still about 100 seats unsold.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Just goes to show what can be achieved by professionals. We’ve a multi purpose, 3,000 arena that still fails to operate correctly.

Sorry, but the reason’s are excuses and the excuses are becoming tiresome.

pjj365

Just goes to show what can be achieved by professionals. We’ve a multi purpose, 3,000 arena that still fails to operate correctly.

Sorry, but the reason’s are excuses and the excuses are becoming tiresome.
How does our arena fail to operate correctly? Totally irrelevant go this debate anyway

What excuses are being made? All I see are reason only for choosing one course of action over another - why is that tiresome? Don't get involved you find it tiresome

Don't forget 500+ Devils fans are taken out of the telephone scramble today making it easier to book on line than it was three years+ ago

Kevlar68

No matter which way the devils decide to do the tickets, queue, online or phone it's still first come first serve. Can't see what professionalism has to do with it.
I have no problem with the Devils selling the tickets the way they did. People can queue if they wish to, it's their choice.
My choice was not to queue but to wait for general sale day and i still got tickets in Devils block.
The only sections fully sold out when i was on there earlier was Nottingham and Sheffield.
If Devils had 800 tickets to sell its a big ask to sell them all with them trying to promote it as a family game.
The weekend for say family of 4 would cost well over £1000, even for my 3 its cost £620 so far and that's without food and drink for 3 adults from Fri-Mon.
Checked again just now and still weekend bundles and singles available if people still interested.

fdlf666

The main problem with Play-Off Final tickets at Nottingham Arena is that after the privileged two clubs have their own separate day for their fans to purchase tickets, it then becomes a free-for-all for the other eight clubs fans having to fight the online or telephone service with the all the other clubs fans including those from Nottingham and Sheffield.
A few seasons ago, the situation was made even worse by Nottingham Arena announcing that tickets for a concert would also start to be sold from that day. This meant that the online and telephone system crashed within seconds of all tickets going on sale.
A possible fairer system would be for each clubs‘s fans to be treated as equals and each club given a separate day in order to purchase Play-Off tickets in that clubs’ allocated block From Nottingham Arena.

Kevlar68

So maybe as you say a fair way would be Nottingham could take 10 days straight, sell one team at a time on a specific day then general sale all that's left a week later. It's not like they wouldn't have enough time before the playoff weekend to do it.

Last edited: