Planet Ice Box Office

TheStub

Thread starter #1
So I've phoned them 6 times this morning, between 9 and now.

Phone has been answered once, and they took my details to phone me back. That was hours ago. Still no call back.

Now I'll keep trying - but how do they manage to mess this up? How many tickets do they cost us every week?

I never realised exactly how useless they truly were.

Paul Sullivan

Re: Planet Ice truly are useless

The Club are investigating any potential issues as I write this.

Not helpful to our situation right now though.

jimmy snels

i think its safe to say we need to run our own home rather than hav these muppets in charge :twisted:

TheStub

Thread starter #4

Right resolved. I just rang continuously until on the 5th attempt they answered.

After I talked her through the purchase process there are now 3 tickets waiting for me.

If I'd been Joe Public I'd have given up.

What's worse is they never called back.

Paul Sullivan

Phone system at the Box Office went down this morning and was 2-3 hours to repair, it seems. Staff working through callbacks now.

Not great timing but there it is. Here's hoping for a big walkup.

TheStub

Thread starter #7

Nice to know there was an actual problem.

The trouble is I'm shopping in Carmarthen so it's been a right pain getting in touch. I guess things just combined to make it a bad situation.

Rhythm said:

In al honesty the club really need to sort there own problems first, last week i had a phone call from Brent saying i was a month behind on my direct debit, i must add this is no fault of my own, i signed a new dd mandate in July and it took until September for them to set it up. I have rung the Devils office 6 times this week in order to make the catch up payment, each time i have asked for Brent and been told he is unavialable then when i asked if there is anyone else there dealing with Season ticket payments i have been told to ring back. I have also left my number for a call to be returned, im still waiting. Considering the rumors of cash flow issues etc, i thought they would have been more than willing to take my money from me.

Ger-Devils

SPEEDACE said:
Rhythm said:

In al honesty the club really need to sort there own problems first, last week i had a phone call from Brent saying i was a month behind on my direct debit, i must add this is no fault of my own, i signed a new dd mandate in July and it took until September for them to set it up. I have rung the Devils office 6 times this week in order to make the catch up payment, each time i have asked for Brent and been told he is unavialable then when i asked if there is anyone else there dealing with Season ticket payments i have been told to ring back. I have also left my number for a call to be returned, im still waiting. Considering the rumors of cash flow issues etc, i thought they would have been more than willing to take my money from me.
I sorted mine at a game. Found it easier than contacting the office

To clarify what happened this morning, we had essential maintenance work on the power behind reception this took us down to operating one till for the time that it was down, this till was being used to let "joe public" into the building to skate. Anyone who phoned up for tickets a name and number was taken and then once the power was back up and running people were phoned back in order they were on the list. No dramas. As to the phone lines being down this is a false claim, because the phones weren’t being answered just means that all our operators are currently busy if you leave your name and number a return phone call will be done as soon as the operator becomes free. Simple.

Adam Porter said:
To clarify what happened this morning, we had essential maintenance work on the power behind reception this took us down to operating one till for the time that it was down, this till was being used to let "joe public" into the building to skate. Anyone who phoned up for tickets a name and number was taken and then once the power was back up and running people were phoned back in order they were on the list. No dramas. As to the phone lines being down this is a false claim, because the phones weren’t being answered just means that all our operators are currently busy if you leave your name and number a return phone call will be done as soon as the operator becomes free. Simple.
All of the operators, operating one till :lol: :lol: :lol: The title to the thread is still true though Adam

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Adam Porter said:
All of the operators, operating one till :lol: :lol: :lol: The title to the thread is still true though Adam
One on the till, one on the phone, sometimes two, operators, please do not attempt to belittle my grasp of the Queen’s tongue. I don’t understand why everyone needs to jump on the bandwagon of having a go at the rink without knowing the facts.

TheStub

Thread starter #15
Re: Re: Planet Ice truly are useless

Adam Porter said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
Adam Porter said:
One on the till, one on the phone, sometimes two, operators, please do not attempt to belittle my grasp of the Queen’s tongue. I don’t understand why everyone needs to jump on the bandwagon of having a go at the rink without knowing the facts.
The reason why? I called at 9.30 and it was answered and my details taken. Apparently I was waiting for the till to be free and they would call straight back.

I chased up at 10.50, no answer.

I called at 11.10 and left a message.

I called a couple of times over the next hour, no answer.

At 12.15 I just continuously rang until someone answered. I bought my tickets... whole drama took almost 3 hours.

You could have reduced my annoyance by simply putting a recorded message before the Mary Poppins message. That would have left me knowing the situation and that I would eventually be called back.

DevilDom

I think sometimes we slate the staff at Planet Ice unfarily. They are just the people at the end of the process and don't necessarily control what is going on. I had a problem today and a couple of planet ice staff went out of their way to help me out and saved me a lot of hassle when they never really had to. I think they are doing their best in often difficult situations and we should praise them for that.

Skippy

Re: Re: Planet Ice truly are useless

DevilDom said:
I think sometimes we slate the staff at Planet Ice unfarily. They are just the people at the end of the process and don't necessarily control what is going on. I had a problem today and a couple of planet ice staff went out of their way to help me out and saved me a lot of hassle when they never really had to. I think they are doing their best in often difficult situations and we should praise them for that.
Very true.. always find the guys there very helpful

TheStub

Thread starter #18

I never have a problem match nights. I couldn't believe the saga I faced booking tickets though.

I just hope they see it as a learning opportunity and actually improve.

Paul Sullivan

Just a suggestion, but could this thread not be re-titled 'box office issue' or 'Can't get through to the rink' or something else?

Whilst it's frustrating it's a pretty damning title for a situation that was out of the control of the team at the rink.

Fairly sure customers of the companies we do/have all worked for might have complaints, but they don't all have forums to post threads on.

Kipper

Personally I find the staff at the rink to be good people and very helpful.They can only work with the tools they are provided.In my experience they work over and above the call of duty for the meagre rewards they receive