Physical poll

Wannabe2

Thread starter #82
Watched a very physical side score 7 tonight, and it was pure entertainment. God how I hate to say that about my 2nd most hated team, but unfortunately it’s true.

august04

On a big ice pad too. I’m fed up of hearing how difficult it is to play physical these days. If the will is there, of course you can - and the crowds still love it. And we wonder why the atmosphere needs improving at the Viola. Give the fans an exciting, hard nosed brand of hockey to watch and the atmosphere will be just fine.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #85
As much as I dislike Belfast and their fan base I know which team I would rather watch week in week out, the Keefe Lloyd line was the best line ever imho and they would go through walls to get the result
Best line ever in Belfast, certainly not the best line ever in the league.

Mazzoak

On a big ice pad too. I’m fed up of hearing how difficult it is to play physical these days. If the will is there, of course you can - and the crowds still love it. And we wonder why the atmosphere needs improving at the Viola. Give the fans an exciting, hard nosed brand of hockey to watch and the atmosphere will be just fine.
It’s difficult to play physical when you’ve got slow players. Excuses eventually run out. We maybe a little club from Wales, but we know hockey.

terry hunt

Is this another case of a small group of loud fans who claim to represent the 2000 + group of supporters?
I note with interest the demand for standing areas with some on here demanding several blocks more throw out paying season ticket holders to make room for the supposedly huge demand for standing.
I read that TK is till trying to fill block 13 for this weekend.
As much as i love what is happening in Block13 the Red Army travelling fans have always done this as have the GB group.
There is however a finite number of dedicated fans who are prepared to make this effort at every game.This kind of support is physically and emotionally draining.
Many fans attend for social reasons eating,drinking and partying with their mates ice hockey is secondary.

Mooney#16

It was certainly the best line the EIHL has seen imo. It was a line that could do it all and contribute in every way
Was it Franny on the Podcast mentioned the % of points for their season totals that Keefe and Lloyd scored in the tent was hugely disproportionate to what they did in other buildings including their own. No doubt those two bullied the Devils for years in the tent. The rest of the league. They were a far more irrelevant proposition and more a liability.

Rempel16

It was certainly the best line the EIHL has seen imo. It was a line that could do it all and contribute in every way
I see your Keefe / Lloyd line and raise you Calder/Carlson/Payette.

The only one that I’d take over those two was birbraer/matzka/pelle in EIHL era.

I don’t necessarily mean for skill here, I mean for the entertainment factor brought through each.

Devilsatw

I see your Keefe / Lloyd line and raise you Calder/Carlson/Payette.

The only one that I’d take over those two was birbraer/matzka/pelle in EIHL era.

I don’t necessarily mean for skill here, I mean for the entertainment factor brought through each.
Loves that calder Carlson payette line too. Caused us loads of problems too

jimmy snels

Was it Franny on the Podcast mentioned the % of points for their season totals that Keefe and Lloyd scored in the tent was hugely disproportionate to what they did in other buildings including their own. No doubt those two bullied the Devils for years in the tent. The rest of the league. They were a far more irrelevant proposition and more a liability.

i never really got with all the tough guys we had why we didnt fight more to be honest. they really ran riot on us

moggy#9

Is this another case of a small group of loud fans who claim to represent the 2000 + group of supporters?
I note with interest the demand for standing areas with some on here demanding several blocks more throw out paying season ticket holders to make room for the supposedly huge demand for standing.
I read that TK is till trying to fill block 13 for this weekend.
As much as i love what is happening in Block13 the Red Army travelling fans have always done this as have the GB group.
There is however a finite number of dedicated fans who are prepared to make this effort at every game.This kind of support is physically and emotionally draining.
Many fans attend for social reasons eating,drinking and partying with their mates ice hockey is secondary.
To be fair to those concerned, today's match is a fairly unimportant cup match and a 4pm face off to boot. I don't think that it's exactly representative. That said, there has always a vocal group among the fan base who think that there the real fans and others fail to measure up to their standards.