Phil Hill Re signs for devils

Finny

DevilDom said:
You may not care, but i'm sure a sponsor would.
Genuine question - Why?

I'm another who rarely goes on the EIHL website and so doesn't see what advantages it would really give us?

DevilDom said:
I am a sponsor. I'm happy to see the releases on the Cardiff Devils website, and in local press. I'm not sure the elite league website is high on anyone's list for news on their team.

Holl_5 said:
Didn’t realise the ‘Marketing Manager’ sent out press releases.

As good as the Inferno is, it doesn't actually have EVERY Devils fan as a member. And for those hockey fans that don't read THF (plenty out there), then the Elite League website is one of the only places they can get their general hockey information. If I was a casual watcher of ice hockey in this country and I saw no Devils press releases on the Elite League web site...I'd be inclined to think that the Devils hadn't signed any players for 2011/2012...
Press releases are not part of marketing's remit? OK then.

I would have thought that those Devils fans that don't bother with the inferno would get their Devils' news from the Devils' website, or local media. I can't imagine anyone relying on the elite league website for their team news.

I take your point about the casual watcher, but that could be applied to other teams as well surely?

DevilDom

Finny said:
DevilDom said:
Genuine question - Why?

I'm another who rarely goes on the EIHL website and so doesn't see what advantages it would really give us?
It's national exposure rather than just local. Free advertising etc and I think any possible opportunity to promote the Devils should be taken, especially when it doesn't cost anything other than someones time. If they have written the atricle for the Devils website anyway, I don't see the harm in sending it to the EIHL website.

In addition, someone new to the sport looking for information would maybe type "EIHL league" in a search engine and be taken to that site first.

I go on the EIHL site quite a lot, but would go on it more if there was more news about the Devils.

TheStub

Re: Re: Phil Hill Re signs for devils

DevilDom said:
If they have written the atricle for the Devils website anyway, I don't see the harm in sending it to the EIHL website.
I'm with you there. All the club articles on there are copy and pastes of their own website. So how much extra work is it to put out?

I tend to read the Elite site as it is a central point of news around the league.

Imagine said:
Holl_5 said:
Didn’t realise the ‘Marketing Manager’ sent out press releases.
Press releases are not part of marketing's remit? OK then.
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/management-team

From reading this page, I'm not technically sure who should be sending out Press Releases. I think it'd be slightly harsh to put this one at the Marketing Manager, Kelly's, door...

I guess looking at those descriptions, I'd assume the two who have most interaction with the fans, would be Paul or Simon? Those two job descriptions look more likely to fit media and PR into them compared to Kelly's. Although all the descriptions seem a little vague, and it's possible to see how none of them could pick up on the responsibility.