Phil Hill Re signs for devils

Ocko said:
Our contract offer was better than Coventry's as they were after him too
Heard the same from this end. We made him a very good offer but after playing us off against each other, took the Cardiff money. Just hope you haven't overstretched yourself on getting him back and end up with some weaker imports :?

Chris

Administrator
You've said that exact same thing in previous off seasons J.B, oddly enough I seem to recall you said it last off season...

Chris.

Whoah, time out! Are people forgetting here that Matt Myers is a centre (and great at winning face-offs) whereas the other Brits already mentioned in this thread are wingers? Maybe G was looking at an additional import D man if we signed a Brit centre.

Wannabe2

Finny said:
I'd be amazed if Phil Hill was the top brit earner on our own team, let alone the whole league.
Dave Phillips is more likely to be the top wage earner, followed by Tait, Dowd, Weaver, Phillips, Myers, Owen.

wildthing74

Isn't it strange,not a peep out of J.B for months(wonder whay that was?)and then as soon as Cov start splashing the cash on Brits he's here pretty much saying that is what we are doing.
J.B I love your posts as they make me smile but do me a favour at least be consistant.Please don't go into hibernation when things go bad in Cov as you have done for the last 6 months.If you want to come and stir it up then great but it seems you only sing when you think you're winning.

ASHIPP

Ocko said:
If we planned on fitting in Myers and Hill how would Sam Smith and Ben Davies with both their guaranteed ice time also fit in? It doesnt make sense.
Easy - Matthew would have been a 2nd or 1st line centre. He is practically import quality. Imagining, very optimistically that Stuart stays on another year, the Devils would have been looking to recruit only 1 more centre (an import).
G had already stated he was talking to EPL players - I am presuming, rightly or wrongly, that he was considering signing a winger.......possibly because, by then, he would have known Tylor was leaving? :?

ASHIPP

Isn't it about time this fantastic news, (and the news of Ben's signing) appears on the Elite League website?
All other player movements have appeared on there this week - including Mustukovs leaving the UK! :?
Come on, Devils' office - please send the articles to the Elite website so that they can promote OUR club for a change.

I always wondered why the Elite website hardly ever shows our news. Is it just because of the Devils not sending press releases and stuff to them is it?

DevilDom

Devilsmania said:
I always wondered why the Elite website hardly ever shows our news. Is it just because of the Devils not sending press releases and stuff to them is it?
Pretty much yes. Can't blame the back office guys though, they are probably snowed under.

Mooney#16

I would actually have thought G was looking for an up grade to his number 6 D man ie poach a good one out of the EPL. The Devils have now got four Brit forwards in Hill, Smith, Davies and Burrows. He's already stated Burrows is 10, Davies 9 so Smith will be 8 and Hill 7. 6 Import forwards and you've you full forward lines. I think if he could have got an upgrade on Symonds (sorry mate, no offence meant) then he would have been alot happier to go with three D pairings as opposed to two and half like last season. Four Import D plus Richardson plus A N Other. I just don't think G is confident enough in Symonds abilities to take a full spot in the rotation. So the big question is who do you want as the number 6 d man symo or someone else. Guess thats the discussion G and Franny are currently having with themselves.

ASHIPP said:
Isn't it about time this fantastic news, (and the news of Ben's signing) appears on the Elite League website?
All other player movements have appeared on there this week - including Mustukovs leaving the UK! :?
Come on, Devils' office - please send the articles to the Elite website so that they can promote OUR club for a change.
You'd think so wouldn't you?!

To say both Cardiff and Sheffield have the same ownership, it must surely come down to the individual media officer? All you have to do to get your press releases on the website is for your media person to send them to the EIHL webmaster. If the Devils stories aren’t getting there then someone isn’t writing them/sending them over. Still, I'm sure there’ll be a great intro video again this season.

Holl_5 said:
Still, I'm sure there’ll be a great intro video again this season.
Didn't realise the marketing manager worked on the intro video.

Perhaps it's not just as easy as sending them in to the Elite website.
Maybe Cardiff do send them, and they don't get selected - More conspiracy fun to chew on :)

Personally so long as it's released locally, I don't particularly care. I think I've visited the elite league website about 4 times over the last couple of seasons.

DevilDom

Imagine said:
Personally so long as it's released locally, I don't particularly care. I think I've visited the elite league website about 4 times over the last couple of seasons.
You may not care, but i'm sure a sponsor would.

Imagine said:
Holl_5 said:
Still, I'm sure there’ll be a great intro video again this season.
Didn't realise the marketing manager worked on the intro video.

Perhaps it's not just as easy as sending them in to the Elite website.
Maybe Cardiff do send them, and they don't get selected - More conspiracy fun to chew on :)

Didn’t realise the ‘Marketing Manager’ sent out press releases.

As good as the Inferno is, it doesn't actually have EVERY Devils fan as a member. And for those hockey fans that don't read THF (plenty out there), then the Elite League website is one of the only places they can get their general hockey information. If I was a casual watcher of ice hockey in this country and I saw no Devils press releases on the Elite League web site...I'd be inclined to think that the Devils hadn't signed any players for 2011/2012...